Celestial Tiger Information

Options
Loltank - Harshlands
Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
CELESTIAL TIGER EVENT INFORMATION:

At 21:00 Server time an NPC spawns near the elders of Plume, Etherblade, City of the Lost, and Raging Tide. Talk to this NPC twice to gain the public quest.

Once it begins, there are 2 phases: Mob phase and Boss Phase.

The mob phase has you killing mobs until the number 4999 is reached. Once 4999 mobs have been killed server-wide, the bosses will spawn. The bosses are difficult to find(at least until someone provides co-ords) so be diligent.

Once this phase is over you will talk to your mailbox to finish the quest and receive your reward. Anyone that scores over 2k contribution will gain a reward.

Prize information:

You can get Celestial Insignias, Celestial Shards, grade 7, 8, or 9 shards, ecstasy cards, exp orbs, and event gold.

Shards are very useful. It requires more of them per item but they have the advantage of giving immediate access to hypers and charms.

Insignias, frankly, look less useful, with the only items they can be used for being Fashion(varies, 33 at lowest), Tiger mount(200) and all class pet(17), and wings of the cloudcharger(2667). This seems good until you realize that you can only get up to 50 insignias per event, assuming every pack is full of them.

EDIT:

"Quick aside:
If you're interested in getting hypers or charms, etc, shoot for 10th place or below. 10th-1st place only gives insignias, not shards, and shards are what you trade for the hypers at the mailbox.

Event gold is also from a random pack, a faction mate got 50 event gold total.

Overall this event is quite good, like the nein beast event with much, much better rewards and an interesting new system in place that makes being F2P a bit easier to bear.

Thumbs up. "
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Loltank - Harshlands on

Comments

• OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I've been searching but there's next to no information on this event out there atm, even basic stuff like what time it starts.

So can anyone fill me in? Mainly I'd just like to know the time, but any other info would be helpful.

Celestial Tiger Event

This is a brand new server-wide event! Four Celestial Tigers have issued a challenge, and you all must work together to defeat them. Earn event contribution through various ways, including fighting minions, turning in gems, harvesting special herbs, and run special event quests given by the elders the major cities!
    Players will be rewarded based on their level of contribution. There are multiple levels of prizes; the highest will be given to the top representative of each class, and the lowest will be given to all players who reach at least a certain fixed amount of contribution.

Look for this event every Monday!

This is what the news said about it, there isn't a time mentioned. However; they do give a day.

The difference is, the nien beast event happened several times a day. This event is only happening on Monday which stands to reason that the rewards will be better than the nien beast event since its happening at less of an interval.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OP didn't look to hard.
    -.-
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

This is what the news said about it, there isn't a time mentioned. However; they do give a day.
    Celestial Tiger Event
    Every Monday @ 21:00 server time, the Celestial Tigers will begin their attack. A Keeper of the Tigers NPC will appear near the Elder of each major city as well as Archosaur. Speak to him to begin the event. This event is a Contribution Public Quest.

The Celestial Tiger Event now replaces the Nein Beast event.

From patch notes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    OP didn't look to hard.
    -.-

^.^ hmmm Thnx to the one who actually responded.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Event Boutique
    A new Boutique has been introduced called the Event Boutique. When players participate in certain events, they will be able to win Event Points to purchase items from this new Boutique.

This was in the patch notes for the most recent patch, I'm wondering if this will be reward for mentioned event. If so, its gonna rock!
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Maybe it's for all events lol, that would be pretty cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Maybe it's for all events lol, that would be pretty cool.

Well it just says certain events, but yes... for all events it would be nice... I'm excited to see what exactly is in store where this is concerned. When all that stuff first showed up in the mailboxes I wondered what it was for, now we know. Just don't know what events!
  • Koru - Heavens Tear
    Koru - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well it just says certain events, but yes... for all events it would be nice... I'm excited to see what exactly is in store where this is concerned. When all that stuff first showed up in the mailboxes I wondered what it was for, now we know. Just don't know what events!

Kantorek posted a preview of the Celestial Tiger Event a little while ago (link) and it looks like it will be the first event related to the event boutique:
    One of the more unique things that this event brings is a chance to earn special coins that can only be spent in the Event Boutique!

"What is this Event Boutique you speak of!?"

It is a separate shop where players can purchase certain boutique items using these event coins! Likey?

But Uncle Kanto, how do I get these coins!?

Starting with this Celestial Tiger Event, the top contributers of each class will receive a certain amount reward packs. These reward packs have a chance to contain a card that can be redemeed for these event coins.

b:thanks
  • Alteir - Harshlands
    Alteir - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh geez. I don't like that wording. A chance to get an item that gives event coins? Sounds like it's not gonna be something I get to often.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oh geez. I don't like that wording. A chance to get an item that gives event coins? Sounds like it's not gonna be something I get to often.

Why would it be? It's basically free gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why would it be? It's basically free gold.

Yes, and the rewards from it are quite nice. Fashion and mounts are 2 of the things I remember seeing.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is it just me or do other people think that information provided prior to the first outing of the Celestial Tiger Event a little thin on detail?

Compare that to the information we got before the Nien Beast Event via the news page: [LINK]

There we had breakdowns of what to expect and methods of gaining contribution points etc. Granted, it was no substitute to gaining experience actually doing the event but at least players had an idea of what to expect.

If I take part in the event today, I suspect i'll be winging it like a lot of other players.

Even something as basic as where to go for the start of it is something I don't know.

b:faint
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is it just me or do other people think that information provided prior to the first outing of the Celestial Tiger Event a little thin on detail?

Compare that to the information we got before the Nien Beast Event via the news page: [LINK]

There we had breakdowns of what to expect and methods of gaining contribution points etc. Granted, it was no substitute to gaining experience actually doing the event but at least players had an idea of what to expect.

If I take part in the event today, I suspect i'll be winging it like a lot of other players.

Even something as basic as where to go for the start of it is something I don't know.

b:faint

At least the nein event will give you some idea of what to expect. This new one sounds very similar but who knows!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Loltank - Harshlands
    Loltank - Harshlands Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The NPCs spawn near the elder of every major city, according to something I read. Patch notes or something, I forget.

After that it's just a race to figure it out I guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The NPCs spawn near the elder of every major city, according to something I read. Patch notes or something, I forget.

After that it's just a race to figure it out I guess.

Just checked the patch notes so at least we've got that:
    Celestial Tiger Event
    Every Monday @ 21:00 server time, the Celestial Tigers will begin their attack. A Keeper of the Tigers NPC will appear near the Elder of each major city as well as Archosaur. Speak to him to begin the event. This event is a Contribution Public Quest.

The Celestial Tiger Event now replaces the Nein Beast event.

Patch Notes Version 390 - Released August 5, 2010
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    May the best guessers win?
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Any other information? seems only a few players are inquiring, seems odd.
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Anyone know where the npc is to start the event?
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gms are currently dealing with "other" issues. if u noticed, recently the pages introducing things have kinda sucked. I'm sure they are trying to talk with devs about improving tw.... i hope.
  • Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    improving tw, *cough cough* lol

But no really, there isnt some more info? seems surprsing
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can guess it will be exactly like the nien beast event except the winners get event boutique gold instead of packs
  • Q____Q - Dreamweaver
    Q____Q - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Took DW 35 minutes XD
    Took us around 7 minutes finding last boss in plume/ether ._.
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    boutique event gold comes from items that u sell to get the event gold.
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are there any level restrictions to this event?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Come on you East coast servers, spill it b:angryb:angry
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    RT is still going at it, not like Im there watching or anything. b:avoid

Edit: Can someone confirm is this event has anything to do with the mailbox celestial exchange?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • samwulf
    samwulf Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Would spill it if there was anything to spill. Fail event is FAIL. Didn't get any rewards despite completing the mini quest and killing mobs should of had well over 2k contribution points and still no reward.
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Are there any level restrictions to this event?

Not that I know of.

In my experience (At Etherblade) there were 2 phases. A mob phase and boss phase.

Mobs were scatterred around the Town from a litte south of South Gate and along the edge of the lake on the ground. Like with Nien Beast Event, there are varieties of mobs. Ones I fought were 80k HP ones. Kill a buttload of them around 4,xxx (possibly 4,999).

Once that happens, phase 2 starts where a boss spawns.

The one at Etherblade spawns a south of South gate.

Other boss spawn point I heard of was Timberfield.

Bosses has world boss damage reduction.

During the second phase you can also mine herbs that you see around inside the town as well as outside for contribution points.

Random contribution points suggests it reaches up to 2k. I placed 6th wizard and got Bronze pack. In that pack I got Celestial Insignias, Socket Stones, EXP orb and mysterious chips.

Interested to hear what others saw and experienced. Would appreciate corrections if any of above was incorrect.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I was on Ghostlands but they went soooooooooo damn slow and gave up after 45 mins >_>
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Random contribution points suggests it reaches up to 2k. I placed 6th wizard and got Bronze pack. In that pack I got Celestial Insignias, Socket Stones, EXP orb and mysterious chips.

How many Celestial Insignias did you get?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
This discussion has been closed.