Apothecary... Worth it?

Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited August 2010 in The Crafting Nook
I was attempting to be complete self sufficient, making my own pots and what not, but with tokens from packs, is Apothecary even worth it? The only use I can see is the speed boosts, chi gain, and quicker channeling, all of which you can have a genie for (and I do).

What do you think?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• bodoba
    bodoba Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think that ultimately comes down to what your 'worth' of the game is. Do you play to win the game? In the end lvls apoth isn't a major seeing as you can pretty much buy anything that you need. (as you already stated with the use of tokens)

I enjoy apoth because I enjoy helping people and farming. I make apoth for my friends and I enjoy just farming somedays to take a break from 'actual' game play.

If you think you'll enjoy it and the upkeep for it then do it. If you're doing it for the IG coin/fame/glory I don't think you'll find much.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    bodoba wrote: »
    I think that ultimately comes down to what your 'worth' of the game is. Do you play to win the game? In the end lvls apoth isn't a major seeing as you can pretty much buy anything that you need. (as you already stated with the use of tokens)

I enjoy apoth because I enjoy helping people and farming. I make apoth for my friends and I enjoy just farming somedays to take a break from 'actual' game play.

If you think you'll enjoy it and the upkeep for it then do it. If you're doing it for the IG coin/fame/glory I don't think you'll find much.

basically, is apothecary going to get me any benefits? because in my mind, if it doesn't benefit me at all ive wasted my time and money leveling it to lvl4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    basically, is apothecary going to get me any benefits? because in my mind, if it doesn't benefit me at all ive wasted my time and money leveling it to lvl4

WEll ive found that it doesnt really cost me too much extra, except to get the next levels. I can pick up herbs as im questing, or grinding and it doesnt take mch time. I find the health regen and spark to be particulary usefull, and as an archer the 6k mana over 30sec to be nice for barrage. And i dont tend to buy tokens at all so its a good alternative for meb:victory
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    At 89+, apoth isn't a necessary thing, but it's nice. Farming in Lothranis or Momaganon is very easy especially since many herbs are bunched up close together. Farm your own herbs, make pots, sell them. Now I don't know about your server, but taking 5 minutes of my time to go grind/farm a bit in Lothranis and making 15k per pot sold is pretty nice. Though my stash of herbs doesn't grow fast, it does give me a fair bit of coin especially when I don't happen to have a lot lying around.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Depending on what you use apoth for, it may or may not be worth it to you. I only use it for the 6k MP over 30 seconds, the doubled chanelling, and the speed potion. I sell any other potions I make to buy tokens, which I use to get MP food.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2010

:O how is apoth costly... unless you are buying the herbs from catshops???
  • Gwenibeth - Archosaur
    Gwenibeth - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Basically,i honestly think Apothecary isnt even worth coins,searching,etc. most of the time, if you are too lazy to search for ingredients, You buy it. my friend spent over 20k on ingredients....lvl 5 :P not worth what it costs.....plus you loot potions all the time. why spend money making it. I think Crafting,Tailoring,and Blacksmithing are very useful, because my weapon does 160 max damage because my friend made it for me. Worth it. Tailoring gives you good armor that's durable and powerful. Worth it. Crafting gives trinkets for resisting more HP MP Spirit and what not. Apothecary basically is picking flowers for potions you loot 30 max times a day
    b:quiet I'm Back b:quiet
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Basically,i honestly think Apothecary isnt even worth coins,searching,etc. most of the time, if you are too lazy to search for ingredients, You buy it. my friend spent over 20k on ingredients....lvl 5 :P not worth what it costs.....plus you loot potions all the time. why spend money making it. I think Crafting,Tailoring,and Blacksmithing are very useful, because my weapon does 160 max damage because my friend made it for me. Worth it. Tailoring gives you good armor that's durable and powerful. Worth it. Crafting gives trinkets for resisting more HP MP Spirit and what not. Apothecary basically is picking flowers for potions you loot 30 max times a day

Farming herbs to sell to lazy people is definitely worth it. And you're limiting the apothecary to HP/MP potions. There are a lot of other useful potions you can craft too. Speed potions, channeling potions, defense, along with HP/MP, Attack, Invincibility. All kinds of stuff.

Long story short... Worth it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Your genie can't give you 100 mp/sec for 10 mins.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think it's worth it. You can make a ton of helpful potions from a bunch of scattered herbs all over the ground. It's almost as if you're getting some free potions
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • ScarletOwl - Raging Tide
    ScarletOwl - Raging Tide Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Apoth is definitely worth it. It also cost a lot less to do and is a lot less time consuming then the other skills.
  • xxstjimmyxx
    xxstjimmyxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    >_> As a low level assassin I must say that Life Powder (a.k.a healing cocaine :D) stuff is a lifesaver if I have to kill more than 15 mobs at a time. Though it irks me when a cleric comes by trying to be nice and gets rid of it for their hp regen. buff. It doesn't seem as effective to me though I don't know the actual numbers on it. But they do that then I'm out a **** load of herbs. I kinda got off topic there. Anyways, bottom line: From my perspective, it's worth it just for the level 1 Life Powder stuff. So taking into consideration everything else you can do with it... yeah.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes. You can even buy the herbs and make pills, then sell for a profit.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Worth it, especially for clerics consuming huge amounts of MP. It is much more of a stronger HP/MP potion while it also helps you with immunity, faster speed, channeling and much much more. The annoying thing is that every single apoth pot have a 2 min cooldown
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i combine pots and genie

lvl5 speed pots + lvl10 expel and the "ants"room in cube is just a straight walk and easy

all my anti-stun-powders are gone, they are pretty useful in pvp situations :o
    just like reduce damage pots

i used to drop a +100 hp recovery pot in cube on the final stand room when i had some :3

pro claw-ers use +wood-attack pots in some cases

lots of use in high lvl imo and deffinetely worth it

though i think the mana pots are not worth the room they take in your inventory 75+
    i like potato
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    i combine pots and genie

lvl5 speed pots + lvl10 expel and the "ants"room in cube is just a straight walk and easy

all my anti-stun-powders are gone, they are pretty useful in pvp situations :o
    just like reduce damage pots

i used to drop a +100 hp recovery pot in cube on the final stand room when i had some :3

pro claw-ers use +wood-attack pots in some cases

lots of use in high lvl imo and deffinetely worth it

though i think the mana pots are not worth the room they take in your inventory 75+

Yea, you can't even use apoth-crafted pots in BB. Rendering them useless to me, seeing as 95% of the time, that's the only time i'm using MP pots anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]