Blazing Arrow and Claws?

Options
Mercinary - Heavens Tear
Mercinary - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Archer
I've seen on quite a few posts saying blazing arrow affects fist damage, but when I look at blazing arrow's description...

"Adds (%) of weapon attack in Fire damage to regular arrows for XX minutes."

Wouldn't that mean I'd have to use an arrow for it to take effect, which means fists aren't affected?
Post edited by Mercinary - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    O.o have't heard that before . However u can try , hit a mob with fists without blazing arrow , then buff urself and try again , if u notice an increase in dmg then it applies , though i really doubt this is true , archers aren't supposed to use fists (by the game at least) so such a buff was aimed for Ammunition usage
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • eduardshaman
    eduardshaman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes Blazing Arrow adds damage to fists/claws.Tested myself.I was doing 1000-1100 damage without blazing arrow and 1200-1300 with it so it works but it isnt 40% though :).
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes Blazing Arrow adds damage to fists/claws.Tested myself.I was doing 1000-1100 damage without blazing arrow and 1200-1300 with it so it works but it isnt 40% though :).

... Blazing Arrow's effect is taken out of your weapon damage and it's not multiplied by anything, unlike your regular weapon damage is.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As long as you have a weapon equipped, blazing arrow will be in effect.

The % is for weapon attack only so rings and +attack mods that are NOT on the weapon do not contribute to this %.

This thread by Asterelle has covered the skill in depth.

TL;DR Conclusions

1) All skills receive fire damage except for Winged Pledge
    2) The fire damage added is a fixed value equal independent of skill damage
    3) Fire Damage = Average Damage from weapon only * Blazing Arrow %
    4) Physical and magical resistance amount is exactly rounded to the nearest percentage