Lighter Vendor Shop, CAUTION: MONEY GOING MISSING! Ticket #15049-97888

ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear
ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Support Desk
Hi,

I run a personal market with this character, with a Lighter Vendor Shop extension.

Earlier if someone bought something worth more than 10 million in one purchase, the money would be received as 10 million notes and change.

Around 9 hours ago I put up a shop with Tiger Packs at 453000 each. Within last 9 hours, sales were 9 packs, 9 packs, 1 pack, 54 packs, etc.

Notice that the 54 pack sale should give 2 of the 10 mill notes and 4.462 million coin. However, this morning, the total coin in the character was 10.6 million, and no 10 million notes. I have 15 inventory slots empty, so that is not the issue.

The kitty shop has therefore lost 20 million coin and possibly more in previous transactions, and this issue needs to be resolved urgently.

In the meanwhile, A CAUTION TO ALL PERSONAL MARKET USERS: WATCH OUT FOR 10 MILLION NOTES NOT APPEARING IN YOUR INVENTORY.

Interim recommendation: Do not use any of the vendor shop extensions which generate 10 million notes, YOU ARE LOSING YOUR MONEY BECAUSE OF A BUG!

I hope the Technical Support team accesses the transaction logs and resolves the problem urgently.
Post edited by ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WildKitten - Heavens Tear
    WildKitten - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yes, I saw this happening today too, I also have a lighter shop on a shop alt. Calculating my sales, a 10 million note is definitely supposed to be in my inventory but is not.

Money is disappearing for sure, I have disabled the Lighter Shop extension for now. I hope they roll back or give the missing 10 million notes.
  • Ryu_Tsuki - Heavens Tear
    Ryu_Tsuki - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Omg new bug >.< how unfair! For all players that have Lighter Shop be careful, check inventory. This bug started since yesterday after the new patch! I really hope GMs return the money!!! b:angry
  • LeMiranda - Heavens Tear
    LeMiranda - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Ouch! I sure hope the GMs can trace the logs and refund the missing money. Otherwise, this will be yet another nail in PWI's coffin.
  • Prowler - Heavens Tear
    Prowler - Heavens Tear Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Shop alts with post-count of 1 :-)

But yeah seriously, transaction losing money like this sounds really bad, definitely a poorly tested patch.

The money itself should be an easy thing to solve if the GMs really care at all, because I am sure all sales are logged by the system.

My guess is that all shop extensions are broken in terms of the code for converting amounts over 10 million into multiples of 10 million notes. I would stop using shop extension stones altogether until this is resolved.
    --
    Prowler (Venomancer) on Heaven's Tear

Former Leader of QuestSeek: International level 3 faction.
  • ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear
    ElfinCharm - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Not everyone who has a post-count of 1 is a shop alt. However, I certainly am just a shop, and a very upset shop at that.

I really need that money I lost, 20 million is too much to lose to a bug.
  • Foxgrit - Lost City
    Foxgrit - Lost City Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    this is probably part of their master plan to remove coin from the game by pissing you off til you quit and then take whats left of your coin into oblivion with you.
  • Grimmpillage - Harshlands
    Grimmpillage - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Any word here?
    b:shocked(bump)