Random argo on bosses..

Options
RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Doesn't that mean there's really no point for a tank in squads for bosses now?
I haven't been to any instances yet so I haven't experienced this. Anyone can tell me what's going on?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
Post edited by RoidAbuse - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I haven't been to any instances yet so I haven't experienced this. Anyone can tell me what's going on?

i think its more like the tank will have to pay closer attention to make sure hes holding aggro, when the boss switches targets, get aggro back fast or the whole party wipes..
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^See above. Means you need to be awake and not autopilot through a run with your FR key mashed down.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is a barb complaining about a change that actually helps out in making barbs preferred tanks for runs? Well, if that doesn't make a point for degrading player skill I don't know what does.
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Every single boss in Nirvana will now random aggro and seals the person it random aggro's too.

In otherwords if your cleric is in BB and gets random aggro'ed bye bye Blue bubble, thats the long and the short of it.

they pretty much butt fked anyone trying to legitimately farm their nirvana, even level 101's and such with good gear in my guild will no longer do it its that much of a nightmare
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Seal does not cancel BB...... I also have never BB'd in a nirvana... level and learn.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Does that mean -int users can still tank? or can they hold aggro and gain it back?

I want to know if this affects them.

As for the normal barb, are they finally needed instead of buffing and debuffing? <___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    alpha male?

iuno im a mage b:bye
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Does that mean -int users can still tank? or can they hold aggro and gain it back?

All Depends how it's been implemented. If it's the same as the old random agro bosses then -int users didnt have a major problem with random agro bosses.

Boss turns > gets one hit off on a random > -int tank get's it back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is a barb complaining about a change that actually helps out in making barbs preferred tanks for runs? Well, if that doesn't make a point for degrading player skill I don't know what does.

Is a BM making quick judgments based on a question from a barb who's confused about the new updates? If that doesn't make a point for degrading blah blah skills I don't know what does.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is a BM making quick judgments based on a question from a barb who's confused about the new updates? .

Just read the notes and it's only Nirvana bosses that have been changed the rest are as normal. So Imo it wont make a huge differance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    angellicdeity Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think random aggro on any other boss except Tyrant is okay.

Tyrant already takes rediculously long with all the running that happens - nevermind beind sealed now.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think random aggro on any other boss except Tyrant is okay.

Tyrant already takes rediculously long with all the running that happens - nevermind beind sealed now.

I can imagine the cleric getting sealed on Tyrant.... b:shocked b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angellicdeity
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Just tried Nirvana.

I think with the new random aggro on bosses, it should be 100% guaranteed they at least give 1 uncanny.

The random chance box thing was acceptable before because the instance was rather easy like frost.

But now with this sealing business it takes a great deal longer to complete an instance, and with more difficulty.

Its kind of unfair that the difficulty should be increased but you still get only 2 uncannies the whole run....

(Yes the last boss dropped mirages and all but 2 chests gave stupid shards).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you line up behind the tank and the tank has good reflexes with FR or Alpha Male/whatever, it shouldn't be that much harder. As long as the boss turns around and you don't have to run towards it, the difference isn't that big. If you have to run, a crit from a ranged class can take aggro before you hit it and then it isn't nice at all.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • angellicdeity
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you line up behind the tank and the tank has good reflexes with FR or Alpha Male/whatever, it shouldn't be that much harder. As long as the boss turns around and you don't have to run towards it, the difference isn't that big. If you have to run, a crit from a ranged class can take aggro before you hit it and then it isn't nice at all.

Ranged classes will be a problem - primarily archers.

Biggest issues:

1) Tyrant
    2) Pheonix
    3) Arbiter (somewhat). If you've ever tried him without BB he's much tougher.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Haven't tried a run yet, but heard from others pretty bad lol, meh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i feel responsible for this since i suggested somewhere that endgame bosses need more random aggro and seals b:chuckle

i didnt check nirvana yet but i like the idea of increasing boss difficulty

nirvana was super easy. it was ridiculous. many bosses there hit like fb99 mobs ffs
    now at least they do some fun stuff

so i jsut need to see if this is actually more challenging or just more annoying
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I want to know if this affects them.

As for the normal barb, are they finally needed instead of buffing and debuffing? <___<
    Seeing as how I've seen a 5.0 aps BM tank Ancient evil in 2-3 without anyone getting hit even once, I'd say they can.

Funny cause the update is supposedly to cut down on farming, but really it affects everyone BUT people who solo instances.

Ranged classes will be a problem - primarily archers.

Archers use bows in instances? Since when?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Before I could AFK like 70% of nirvana so this change sounds good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Of course they want to make it more difficult. They want you to buy packs to get your crystals.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nirvana may be like Belial...without the overpowered 1 shot XD So it'll be more awakening for the players at least...charm **** for clerics I hear and Venos because they squishy little crittles
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • warlos
    warlos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i feel responsible for this since i suggested somewhere that endgame bosses need more random aggro and seals b:chuckle

i didnt check nirvana yet but i like the idea of increasing boss difficulty

nirvana was super easy. it was ridiculous. many bosses there hit like fb99 mobs ffs
    now at least they do some fun stuff

so i jsut need to see if this is actually more challenging or just more annoying

I heard some squad quit run in middle at room 4.(6 times all member died)
    Anyways the drop is sad in nirvana, depending on how many crystal we get each member can make 250k-550k coins per run.

Is it worth doing nirvana now?
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    warlos wrote: »
    Anyways the drop is sad in nirvana, depending on how many crystal we get each member can make 250k-550k coins per run.

The prices on mats should go up. My friend went out & forgot to increase the canny price & already sold a crapload of them, now feels sorry :D
    250-550 in 10-15 mins wasn't bad before. Let's see how long the runs take now.

:D well ppl were QQing that barbs do nothing endgame. Now if you want an easily healed tanker & one that could handle well without being healed for a while if a cleric gets killed, take a puppy.

Or just take sins with BP & continue letting the 5dps tank lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary
    X_Diogenes_x - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Of course they want to make it more difficult. They want you to buy packs to get your crystals.

lol. Ought to bookmark this post to quote back when it happens.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    warlos wrote: »

lmao

almost felt sorrry for that hyper nob squad..

why random aggro and seals would ever be problem for 100lvl people? you encounter that all the time in 2-3, 3-2 and 3-3

i dont get it D=

and about uncanny price: it could go up since nirvana became harder. nobody force ppl to sell it for 600k.

prob that many farmers are dumb and desperate for coins so it will stay on 600k prolly
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lmao

almost felt sorrry for that hyper nob squad..

why random aggro and seals would ever be problem for 100lvl people? you encounter that all the time in 2-3, 3-2 and 3-3

i dont get it D=

and about uncanny price: it could go up since nirvana became harder. nobody force ppl to sell it for 600k.

prob that many farmers are dumb and desperate for coins so it will stay on 600k prolly

Normal price is like 380 on our serv. Let's see how much they go up now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warlos
    warlos Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The prices on mats should go up. My friend went out & forgot to increase the canny price & already sold a crapload of them, now feels sorry :D

250-550 in 10-15 mins wasn't bad before. Let's see how long the runs take now.

:D well ppl were QQing that barbs do nothing endgame. Now if you want an easily healed tanker & one that could handle well without being healed for a while if a cleric gets killed, take a puppy.

Or just take sins with BP & continue letting the 5dps tank lol

10-15mins run = 3-4 BM/Archer]with 5.0 Aps with lunar claw/TT100 fist +5 and above refined

There r other class in game, and most people with 5.0 Aps don't like to run with them cos it take 60min or more complete nirvana.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Asterelle and I have been on Nirvana runs where the average boss time was about 15 seconds per boss (excluding the ones that can't be amped).

With enough DD the random aggro shouldn't really be that big of an issue. Although I suppose this depends on how often bosses random aggro.
  • Hitokeri - Heavens Tear
    Hitokeri - Heavens Tear Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This change is obviously targeting those players who do Nirvana runs 2-boxing or 3-boxing. Notice the "paying xxxk to open Nirvana" offers in world chat lately?
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This change is obviously targeting those players who do Nirvana runs 2-boxing or 3-boxing. Notice the "paying xxxk to open Nirvana" offers in world chat lately?

Never seen a single one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]