An Early GM Response to the TW Changes

Comments

• AnglikX - Harshlands
    AnglikX - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Hah, no it's not a bad time to ask a very legit question. We've not forgotten about DQ, I promise.

^^i lol at this, a Gm making empty promises that will nvr be keep.

As far as the TW thing i agree with most. THERE IS NO REASON TO TW NEMORE. Im sure as hell not gonna spend hrs on hrs grinding to get a charm so i can get mirages. I can do jus go do a TT solo mode and get them. Mirages wont buy my TT99 gold mats, or charms, or help me finish farming my rank 6.

My personal felling about this game are that PWI need Devs that dont copy and paste everything the Dev's for CN come up with, every1 knows that CH comes up with the updates, and then we get the same ****. CN's problems are not ours, so y do u have to listen? I mean gold farming, whatever thier TW problems was, the DQ thing, seems to me that the CN Dev's dont want PWI to exist, so surely and slowly they are killing it off or making it p2p jus like CN. WTB PWI DEVS THAT DEVELOP PATCHES TO FIT PWI AND TELL THE CN DEVS TO GO **** THEMSELSEi mean PWI servers and probly the head-quaters are based here in the Usa, so y cant we get decent Devs. im sure that there are tons of ppl that have the skills needed to fix the game hire them, and get rid of the **** CN devs

on a side note frankieraye who pays u PWI or PW-CN? i have no beef with the GM's and i realise its not their fault. But it seems to be that there isnt enough pressure from the PWI GMs to help protect the players or their game, they jus hide their tails, and take it. PW-CN facerolls PWI again
  • _MeowMeow_ - Dreamweaver
    _MeowMeow_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010

As far as the TW thing i agree with most. THERE IS NO REASON TO TW NEMORE. Im sure as hell not gonna spend hrs on hrs grinding to get a charm so i can get mirages. I can do jus go do a TT solo mode and get them. Mirages wont buy my TT99 gold mats, or charms, or help me finish farming my rank 6.

Yeah.. this is so true
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited August 2010
    Why not just reset the TW maps or new servers? You always need a control when experementing with something.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In other words, "Get use to it."
    its a decent patch, just its gonna take about 1-2 months before the 'good' part comes to surface. Just bear with it for a few weeks, the storm comes before the calm for this >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The major problem with this update is not the TW system.. its the fact that you introduce the TW system with the intention of helping the economy then in the same action u release a new D-Orb pack with a chance to get a 12* dragon orb worth ~1k usd. *claps*

congratulations on being 100% hypocrites. if you want to fix the economy reduce the number of packs you sell and remove the 10m note from the best luck rewards...
  • Bellamontage - Lost City
    Bellamontage - Lost City Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The problem IS the stupid anniversary packs recycled into the game again and again and again under new stupid names. Everyone complains, no one gets heard and nothing gets done. All the dev's are doing now are punishing TW players and **** up the economy more.

If there's so much money in the game, why increase it by taking the money a less rich guild bidded on land that they then lost because someone bigger and/or richer came along? How is that fair and how does this help the economy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nerd by Nature
  • DarkAzey - Lost City
    DarkAzey - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    All i gotta say is FAIL, FAIL FAIL FAIL PWI....
  • Alliekatt - Lost City
    Alliekatt - Lost City Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    can only say it again, i love the change! b:victory

the devs couldnt even make it better to finally sink the economy,

think only those players who wont be able to be hyper super rich with tw are complaining here, those who are happy just dont write anything and enjoy from now on!!

How wrong you are alot of the people complaining bout this absolutely terrible change are cashshop players. Don't pretend you know things.

Meaning TW pay means nothing to them. Thats something called pocket change to the poor folk like you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver
    ThrawnOFive - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I see a pattern here.

They make changes that ruin the game.

They make a post expressing their "concern"

*time passes*

*nothing happens*

Sorry, not buying it. Remove the damn packs, fix the DQ prices and restore TW and then my faith can be restored.
  • Gaara_Cleric - Lost City
    Gaara_Cleric - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I read this forum and i had just looked at gold prices they didnt go down on lost city they went up as of this post of message they where 500k like wtf

On a side note to the people that are raging at the GMs |GIVE THEM TIME IF IT HURTS THE GAME THEY WILL MORE THEN LIKELY CHANGE BACK!!!!!!| seriously like you all think the GMs are going to watch there game get ruin no i wouldnt just give the GMs a few weeks and see how this stuff is going to hurt or help PWI.
    This is what I do when I play PWI >>>>[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I see a pattern here.

They make changes that ruin the game.

They make a post expressing their "concern"

*time passes*

*nothing happens*

Sorry, not buying it. Remove the damn packs, fix the DQ prices and restore TW and then my faith can be restored.

....sadly this. nothing ever comes from GM concerns. Devs just dont care
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As far as the TW thing i agree with most. THERE IS NO REASON TO TW NEMORE.
    So the only reason you TWed was for pay, coinage?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    TW has been around since... well, near enough since the beginning. While one faction didn't own an entire map, TW pay was still TW pay, and gold price never hit the 400k mark. What inflated the gold price was your sales. Please, Frankie, do not treat us like we are stupid. The constant sale of pack after pack has done far more damage then all TW pay combined, I imagine.
    Quoted for truth.

One can easily notice that just by sitting and counting how many times Duke shouts that someone has found Best Luck token (=5mil). Packs "spawn" more money *daily* than TW lands in a week.
    Packs World International
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dude..fake bidding makes tw bidding funny..seeing weird names bidding in wich u know is fake lol..here in pwi we know how to take a joke..maybe not in your china **** version.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    So the only reason you TWed was for pay, coinage?

like people do it for free son...in the back of every tw'er head they think of owning the land and goign courrupt like the rest.Yes its for the pay you fool..the desire for coin..the desire for epic gear to purchase,fashion,mounts,charms..the list goes on..so if u gonna do tw for free and own land just for fun and no pay..whats the use because there is no use.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I actually kinda see the positive part of the new TW system...
    People will stop to join TW guild for money... This is kinda a way for guilds to get more loyal and fighting willing players. People who are willing to fight for fun, guild and fame, not for money :P Brings different values to it. Pretty much... it shouldn't cause much problem to the guilds who never really paid guildies for fighting, or paid a bit. True, quite some people might stop to go to TW cause now they suddently can't afford charms, pots and whatever...

I still havent decided if I like new Bidding system or not... in a way it is pretty good way to drain coins out from the market.
  • Siennia - Dreamweaver
    Siennia - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I'm actually glad to hear a response from a GM on this matter. I know I really don't TW much anymore so I can't say how this whole affair is going to effect people for sure. However, at the same time I'm not to sure how well it's going to go either.

I think only time will really tell how this is going to work, and whether it really fails or not. Don't get me wrong, I do believe that one of the biggest things that would help is if Packs were taken out of the game since things went screwy ever since they were introduced. Still I'd rather wait things out and see what happens before flaming and QQing.

That's just my opinion on the matter and if you agree fine and if you don't that's fine to.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    like people do it for free son...in the back of every tw'er head they think of owning the land and goign courrupt like the rest.Yes its for the pay you fool..the desire for coin..the desire for epic gear to purchase,fashion,mounts,charms..the list goes on..so if u gonna do tw for free and own land just for fun and no pay..whats the use because there is no use.

Not all guilds pays people for TWs, but people still does it. Like some guilds which keeps going to TW weekly, gets defeated and goes back next week again. They don't get paid.

I see the new system as similar to killing WB... Some nasty bosses brings some costs for squad - repairs, charms, mp/hp stuff or even time and you never know if you will get any good drop or not. And in worse case... will you survive the boss or not? But still people go and kill them... Kill alone, kill as guild (and often all good drops goes to guild fund).
  • Magiere - Dreamweaver
    Magiere - Dreamweaver Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Loving the new TW changes..after reading all that QQing i think most people forgot that TW was about FUN.

Now the land holding factions have to work their asses of during the week to get charms, like everyone else...
    They are acting like spoiled brats, lol.
    Originally written by Satchiko to me regarding old spice commercial :
    Hello Perfect World. Look at your cleric, now back to me, now back to your cleric, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me. But if you stopped being a noob and started wearing sunglasses you could act like you're me. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on Dreamweaver with the cleric your cleric could be like. What's in your hand, back at me. It's an inventory filled with the gear you want. Look again, the gear is now diamonds. Anything is possible with sunglasses. I'm flying on starter wings.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Actually... I was wondering about one thing.... What would have happened to Nef, if this change had been applied when it was the strongest guild on Sanctuary? Knowing that so many people joined it only for money...
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Actually... I was wondering about one thing.... What would have happened to Nef, if this change had been applied when it was the strongest guild on Sanctuary? Knowing that so many people joined it only for money...

I was wondering the % of those rank banges being given, & the player price that's going to be put on them. I have a feeling it might be more than 1 territory getting 10m.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Oneji - Heavens Tear
    Oneji - Heavens Tear Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Well I have to say I am going to miss the idea of being payed for winning TWs, but I wonder how this will effect some of th e poorer factionsb:chuckle.

Btw Enrage will still pwn allb:bye.
  • Argyle - Dreamweaver
    Argyle - Dreamweaver Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    not GM's fault, developers fault. PWI needs to break away from other versions though if they make these kind of changes. first dq drop rate decreased, then npc price decreased to combat people grinding for money. now they take coin out of tw which will force the entire server to grind for money.... where was the logic here?

honestly it feels like they're just trying to get people to stop playing. do they have another game coming out soon or something? will give it some time, but if changes for player betterment aren't made will likely stop playing and make sure never to play anything associated with PWE again. and that's saying alot with how much nothing has compared to this game for me.
  • Potman - Raging Tide
    Potman - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    My opinion on this update to tw

1)Mirage stones for reward is just silly. It's akin to giving people a cookie as a reward, pretty condescending.

Mirage stone IS NOT the only alternative to monetary rewards is it? So if you wanted rid of the huge gold income, why not come up with a different reward that was still *attractive*. Mirage stones are not attractive, they are a total total joke. And whichever way you try to excuse this, Mirage stones as a reward for owning a territory will not appeal to 1 single player, new or old.

2)Not refunding bids hurts smaller guilds who have to raise gold to bid, more than it does the bigger guilds.

3)I had played pw-my, and one guild dominating the map was not fun. And I'd agree that the huge amount of money the dominating guilds make increased the gap between them and the smaller guilds.

Noone is naive enough to believe that Mirage stones are an equivalent remuneration to gold, and whoever thought of using Mirage stone as a reward has basically insulted every player playing this game.

Im sure if you asked people here for alternative rewards for TW's, you would get many ideas that did not involve huge amounts of money. I am very surprised the best solution the developers could come up with was Mirage stones.

I like TW because they're fun, I never really liked how 1 or 2 guilds could dominate the entire map and bring in so much money. So in that respect, I really dont mind doing away with the monetary reward for TW, but I think you should have been a lot more creative with the replacement rewards.

Seriously, mirage stones? what were you smoking?
  • Miisa - Raging Tide
    Miisa - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The reason is this: The patch just came out, and some time really has to pass before any of us truly knows the effects of it.

that explains a lot about this patch b:surrender
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I was wondering the % of those rank banges being given, & the player price that's going to be put on them. I have a feeling it might be more than 1 territory getting 10m.

That's rather possible too, but then guild will "gain" money from other players, not from the land itself. So no more enormous amounts of "new" money... only "old" one. And for some reason I have a feeling that guild members won't see that money in form of payment anyway. More possibly it will stay for guild's use.
    Besides... from what I understood, only one territory will receive the item weekly. Meaning, it is too unstable income to be promised as payment. Can't really tempt others with it.
  • Whiner - Sanctuary
    Whiner - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2010

We would most likely still be where we are today. If the changes would have applied it wouldn't only affect Nefarious but every faction on the server, so it would be close to the same.
  • Nuff_Said - Raging Tide
    Nuff_Said - Raging Tide Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Loving the new TW changes..after reading all that QQing i think most people forgot that TW was about FUN.

Now the land holding factions have to work their asses of during the week to get charms, like everyone else...
    They are acting like spoiled brats, lol.

I agree that people forgot that TW was about fun, but not everyone has time to farm for coin. A lot of times, people have to split time for gear+leveling and thats about all they have. TW pay was that edge to buy a charm for those that work, in school, or just plain cant afford to drop real cash into the game every week.

This update not only screws with obtaining charms as most are QQing about. Along with the thought of people not having time to farm, coin for faction supplied TW pots, and guild sponsored events/TT have all been taken away. Not to mention, cata scrolls, towers, bids that no longer come back to you and are easier to fake bid on.

Slightly off topic, not sure how tw has been on other servers, but on RT we haven't been having 15min wars for quite some time. In the past month, every weekend has had two 3hr wars at least. Thats a massive coin sink not only for barb/bm charms but also the cata scrolls. Smaller factions and factions that dont have a large base of Cash Shoppers are getting slaughtered by this new update.
    "I'm the best ever. I'm the most brutal and vicious, and most ruthless champion there's ever been. There's no one can stop me. Lennox is a conqueror? No, I'm Alexander, he's no Alexander. I'm the best ever! There's never been anybody as ruthless! I'm Sonny Liston, I'm Jack Dempsey. There's no one like me. I'm from their cloth. There's no one that can match me. My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart! I want to eat his children!" ~ Mike Tyson
  • Alteir - Harshlands
    Alteir - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Wow. I was around before anni packs and all the shenanagins that followed and never have I been this angry at the developers. I've played ALOT of different MMO's but i didn't stick with any of them the way i've stuck with PWI because it was special so don't think i'm speaking as a totally disastisfied customer. I've never been in one of the dominating factions on my server and I've made a point of not applying to those factions. So no I'm not a super rich TW pay check baby. However even if you're not getting directly paid as a player in the faction every intelligent person in that faction (provided the faction is well run) should assume that the money from holding a land benefits the faction as TW is not cheap. Setting up all the towers, getting the cata scrolls, providing cata barbs with apo pots and charms etc. No one wants to pay for all that out of pocket. Your prize for holding a territory is you don't have to worry about that anymore. If you manage to hold enough land that you have a surpluss of cash congrats that surpluss can be paid directly to the players or used to gear up your loyal members eventually trickeling down to every member in the faction.

With the pay out being mirages what is the benefit to holding the land? If u'r telling me it's to only have fun Why am I paying to try to take the land? I can World Chat something Like "Zulu sucks come kill me at silver Pool" and have 20 people to fight in moments. The incentive to TW isn't to have fun but to better your faction with the influx of coins. If you happen to find TW fun like I do that's just a bonus. Also because I know there are people who join the larger TW factions to benefit themselves let me point out that as they get stronger due to TW money aslong as they stay in that faction (which they likely will since they don't get paid if they leave) the faction gets stronger.

This whole "Stop the botters from other versions of the game from coming to ruin PWI without relying on PWI's current comunity to help you" Idea is rediculous. Here u want to stop botters? It's actually pretty easy.

Step 1) Have your system detect a char that does nothing but kill mobs for an hour
    Step 2) Send that char a random automated message that requires a specific response that you wont know unless you are actually there to read the message.
    Step 3) If they don't respond yet are still killing mobs they are probably a bot so u might wanna IP ban em.

Wooooooooow. That took me so long to come up with. And It's actually an Idea that wont cost PWI money in lost revenue. Unlike say taking away packs completely. Something I would love but everyone with a brain should realize isn't going to happen. Ever.

Now I actually like the blind bidding because i've been outbid in the last possible second before bidding ends before. It's not fun. But i am 100% against taking away coin as a reward. And please give me back my old DQ item drop rate and prices. I'm seriously having a hard time paying for my sins repairs, pots, and skills at the same time. Or make skills alot cheaper (maybe even free?) to learn. Either would work for me.
  • Lamia - Harshlands
    Lamia - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    well i started to play this game like it was

if u completly change the tw system - it isnt that game i playing over 1 year now.
    it isnt that game i started to play and which i like- its completly different one.
    u can fix things which are bad- but why change things wich was good?
    there is no reason why
    only because chinese do it, we are not china, so we dont need to do it.

i never complained about any update- but this is just terrible and make ppl have nightmares! b:shocked

u just could call it other name- thats NOT a Perfect World anymore
    i came to PWI- because it was better then all other version, who existing- so dont make it like the other bad versions = or ppl start to quit PWI too, and stopp playing PW. which would be really sad.

and i not even wanna give that TW System a try- i dont need ****ing mirages. if i have 2 times each weekend like 3 hour TW- count how much HP+MP charm that is, then how much repair, and other stuff u pay for it.
    with such crappy stupid mirages i wont get a HP+MP Charm + any repaircosts!!!

still they dont grow on trees- so if u want to let this kind of system then go give everyone whos attend to TW free charms - to dont destroy the fun of tw.
    there wasnt any lose of fun in tw, because we get paid for it. so no reason why we need to change that. like i said above we are not china, if they jump off a bridge , we dont need do that- or do we? its called PWI- not PWCHINA
    if i wanna play on chinese version i go there, but there are reason ppl dont play there- and play here! i played already on 2 different other PW servers, and i went here-because the other were **** and i know alot of ppl who did the same. so if u wanna make PWI as worse as the other server, dont complain about empty servers.

so if this not gonna change i need to search a new game i can play- and not because i want- its because this changes FORCE ME to do it!

so please hell change it back to normal ways, like everyone loved it! b:sad
This discussion has been closed.