Jungle Ruins/Temple of Dragon/CoA at 5 AM?!!

Options
Heriod - Sanctuary
Heriod - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Hi guys,

I am writing this to get players from outside of US (server time) the voice here. As we know, there were certain event-like dungeons which can only be entered at certain days and hours:

City of Abominations
Temple of the Dragon

and the new:

Jungle Ruins
Celestial Tiger Event

Accualy hardly any player from outside of America knows what I am talking about, because this events (to be read about on forums) start around 20:00 (8 pm) Pacific time (GMT-8). By the time, in Europe there is 04:00 - 08:00 (4 - 8 AM) (GMT0 - GMT+4). My question is - which normal man sits there in the game in the very early morning in the working/school days??

There is a vast number of players from OUTSIDE of America playing on all PWI servers. They would really appreciate the introduction of a second starting time for the mentioned event. They found the game advertising on their websides (e.g. I found PWI advertisement while reading about other game on .pl (Polish) site). Worth adding is that they, like you, also pay for the game to make it live (they buy zhen and send their Euros to America as well) so I think they deserve having another event time to make them able to participate in events which are now strictly in the American time.

I vote for 2 opening times of the instances. One as it is now (american timing) and another one suitable for european timezones (in evening hours, not early morning, when the majority of people is sleeping or getting ready to work/school). The events could be organized in a way that players would be able to enter the event instance only once a day. (it will prevent too "eager" players to participate in an event twice a day to eliminate the risk of event items overflow etc.)

Europeans and other nations which suffer from the time differences, I am talking to you: please support this idea, so we don't miss half of this beautiful game,
just because of the time zone!

Americans, there is no point of QQing at it. This idea already works by Snake Isle Dungeon race or by Nien beast event, which has 2 starting times (both are around 9 pm in America and in Europe accordingly). I can't see anyone QQing about it, since its logical that everyone wants to enjoy the game in the same extent.
Post edited by Heriod - Sanctuary on

Comments

• FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hell at 8pm PCT that screws many american players as well. Cold day in the downstairs place before I schedule something to start at 11pm.

Not like PWE thinks about its players anyway - the major CSers will show up and they've already stated that's all they care about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Logan_Morgan - Lost City
    Logan_Morgan - Lost City Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this game is an american game they are only going to care about where their main base of players are and that is in the US. so go play a european mmo on a european server and stop QQing becasue you choose to play an american MMO. (not american btw)
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    **removed**

International : available in two or more countries. In the case of Perfect World International, this is true, because it originated in the China and was brought over to North America. Count on your fingers: one, two. Oh hey! That makes it international.

INTERNATIONAL =/= GLOBAL. Please get this through your heads.

I'm a European player and I'm as sick of the ridiculous times for events as you are, but you're making us all look bad when you come here and QQ and try to pretend PWE was ever catering to us in the first place. You're lucky they let you play this game at all.

Now kindly shut up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    this game is an american game they are only going to care about where their main base of players are and that is in the US. so go play a european mmo on a european server and stop QQing becasue you choose to play an american MMO. (not american btw)

Where is it written that it's for American players only? It is called International which is speaking for itself. International means people of different nations can play it. There is nothing american in this game except that the server is in America. Such is it meant to be, and so is it.

Edit: Concerning the post before: Dude... what does hurt you so much? America is one nation... China has it's own version so kindly don't QQ if you dont know what you're talking about. IN ADDITION: None of the Americans cares what is happening in the game when they are in the middle of their sleep-time! You don't lose anything.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'm a European player and I'm as sick of the ridiculous times for events as you are, but you're making us all look bad when you come here and QQ and try to pretend PWE was ever catering to us in the first place. You're luck they let you play this game at all.

Now kindly shut up.

Are you capable of not over-reacting? Not that I disagree but still . . . I demand that you relax by giving hugs to Ted.

The times are screwed there's no doubt. The times as they are eliminate many Americans as well. But the GMs likely have no say in event times and the devs show us time and time again they couldn't care less about the players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Where is it written that it's for American players only? It is called International which is speaking for itself. International means people of different nations can play it. There is nothing american in this game except that the server is in America. Such is it meant to be, and so is it.

No.
    International : available in two or more countries. In the case of Perfect World International, this is true, because it originated in the China and was brought over to North America. Count on your fingers: one, two. Oh hey! That makes it international.

Learn. To. Read.

Go and pick up a dictionary before you start threads like this, please.

-edit-

Bah, sorry Ted. Between the splitting headache the game left me with, and the fact that I've seen way too many of these threads pop up where people treat "international" as if it meant "global" and where whiny European players who can't understand this game is aimed at North American customers waltz on here and act like they deserve X or Y or Z, I suppose I'm pissed off.

It's seriously not hard to read a dictionary and find the meaning of a word. It's also not hard to read the ToS and realise it only ever talks about "North America" 99% of the time, and for a reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No.

Learn. To. Read.

Go and pick up a dictionary before you start threads like this, please.

Your anger can only be resolved through my hugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your anger can only be resolved through my hugs.

Quit being a ninja and read my edit. b:surrender

Right now I think Ted hugs would not cut it. Time to raid the medicine cabinet to quash this headache!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TTcute - Lost City
    TTcute - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well you all got pwnzored then cuz if it WAS international there wouldn't be this discussion and there would be euro servers. but there isn't ... so you all got owned LOL
  • ar3k19p
    ar3k19p Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes, definitly.

It's Perfect World International events should be conform for all players. It's a discrimination EU player... Why event's can't look like a Snake Island Race, where event start 2 times in day one of this start is in great time for EU player the next one for others (btw. player can't enter race only one a day). I want play in all event too b:sad
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yea deffinitly THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE POLL!! b:thanks

I HATE THOSE EVENT TIMES! i wanna participate as well, but there is no way in the middle of the week in the middle of the night! b:angry
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know your pain Airyll and for the most part I agree with you. People need to understand that "International" does not = bending to suit all time zones.

That said in the end, they really could re-time most of the events by an hour or so and let more people join. If this new event is at 8pm PCT? 11pm server time makes sense to them to start an event? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that those folks don't consider their players when they do things.

Also, you aren't off of the hook for those hugs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Americans... are you really that happy because Europeans can't play your game in that extent as you do? What fun is it? "Hell yeah we got the proper time and u don't!! Mwahahahaa n00bs" Like that?...

You are not in any extent being harmed if the devs put an additional time for Europeans. Then what is your point? Why QQing about something that is logical and normal. Look on your faction mates and what can you see? A mixture of american and other mostly european players (no, there is not only USA and Canada in this world). Hell, give us the chance to play too, not just sit there and watch. Europe also pays a lot of money on this game buying ZEN/Gold. Without our money, PW wouldn't be able to evolve to the point as it is now. Appreciate it...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know your pain Airyll and for the most part I agree with you. People need to understand that "International" does not = bending to suit all time zones.

That said in the end, they really could re-time most of the events by an hour or so and let more people join. If this new event is at 8pm PCT? 11pm server time makes sense to them to start an event? I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that those folks don't consider their players when they do things.

Also, you aren't off of the hook for those hugs.

If I had one silver for every time somebody did think that's what it meant, I'd be richer than Goonzy right now.

I never denied, however, that the event timings could be... improved upon. In fact, I agree, some of the event times are awful. For me, it's not so bad. Because I work at home, for the time, my work is flexible, and I can bend a few hours hither and thither and it's all okay. I do sympathise for those who can't, and I don't deny a revision of the times would be a good thing.

I do argue with the other EU players who come on here and cry as if they were born with the god given right to have an event on a game aimed at and based in North America fit their time zone, and not a target audience. A brief glance over the ToS confirms this game's audience are Americans, and it's a general fact that we are lucky to play the game at all. They could have just said "You aren't from America, no game for you." and that would have been the end of it.
    And people need to understand this.

... I'm sorry. ;~;
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Random stuff in an annoying green color.

Dude this time we're all in the same boat. They're eliminating most Americans too. If those times are correct the thing will start at 11pm server time. Most people not unemployed or 12 years old will need to wake up the next morning, ya know.

And I understand completely what you are trying to say, Airyll. It sucks, but I understand and agree.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cimeja - Sanctuary
    Cimeja - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I agree with you. Ill give an example: Every day, for me nien beast event is at 2 am and 7am. Why does it always have to be like this? b:surrender
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Someone brought a nice example. Snake Isle Dungeon Race. They made 2 starting times for it. One of them is aroun 9 PM in Europe. Another one is around 9PM in America, true?. So it is possible. And did you see anyone QQing about two Race times? me not... Because it is natural that some people work/sleep and generaly live in different times of the day, no matter if it is caused by the time zone or just by their lifestyle or their job.
  • evanisher
    evanisher Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I strongly support the idea of events beeing held at european friendly timezones...
    The american pwi-fanatics could still participate on these events ..double profit for everyone...
  • X_factor - Sanctuary
    X_factor - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yeah i opened similar thread , aniway game is american but seem they don t refuse our euro so fix this , i m not gonna wake up at 5 am to play this...
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If this would be game "only for America", all other IPs would be banned. In fact, look at Nien event: it takes places twice a day, one time fits European timezone quite nicely (10pm for me). It means that PWE acknowledge existence of players in different timezones. It's not unlikely that they might add new times for other popular events so it would fit for more players.

I support this idea.
    Packs World International
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Multiple event times would be good to cater for all their player base, wether they be from USA, Europe, NZ or the Arctic :P.

Im not saying It's our right to have multiple times just that it would be nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I vote for 2 opening times of the instances. One as it is now (american timing) and another one suitable for Europe (in normal hours, not when the majority of people is sleeping or getting ready to work/school).

^this.

I haven't read the whole thread, so sorry if I "Ignore" some important point already mentioned...

but: I guess this game's named international. International means for me: not only america!
    Sure, u can't open an event-instance every hour so every single payer can take part of it, but is it really such a big problem to open it more than 1 time? I guess it wont harm somebody, if there were 2 times when ur available to enter an event, like- It's already said- the Race.
    There could be a vote, what times are nice...why, dear devs and GMs or whatever, don't u ask your players first?

Its a pity, that I myself, german player, cannot take part in this 3 or 5 am events like mostly TW and CoA...

And to these, qq'ing about this suggestion made in this thread: sure, we could play Perfect World Europe, but as far as I know its released later than PWI, so lot of ppl started here, like the game, love their character and wont start again in another version....
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you euro people dont sleep anyways and prob have 4 hour a day jobs so plz stop crying plzzzzzz tw people are crying.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • WrongTarget - Harshlands
    WrongTarget - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i totally agree to make these events twice per day or change hour when they start so it would be for example 4-5 hours earlier then both european and american people could do this durning normal life hours not when day is comming ...
    Our of HL atm RagingTide lvl 95+ Veno and rising :D
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    **removed**

I'm a European player and I'm as sick of the ridiculous times for events as you are, but you're making us all look bad when you come here and QQ and try to pretend PWE was ever catering to us in the first place. You're lucky they let you play this game at all.

Now kindly shut up.

You and your wonderfully rude and hateful replies as always...

Anyways, I usually disagree with arguments like what OP has posted. Why? Cause no matter when you have the event, there will be someone to complain. You could make it 4pm in the US, and then the Russians will complain. You could make it 12pm in the US, and then the Australians will complain. You could make it 8am in the US, and then the Americans themselves are complaining.

Having said that though, perhaps a bit of variety in the event times would be nice. As it stands now, Europeans miss out on EVERY event. Perhaps it would be a bit more convenient and fair if the event times were mixed up a bit, so that Europeans at least have the chance to make ONE of the events. Just one or two at 4pm US time and europeans will be able to attend.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    :/ Bye bye events. The previous times weren't so bad & I could actualy participate in some... Now 5/6 am... lol... Who needs sleep b:cry b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    you euro people dont sleep anyways and prob have 4 hour a day jobs so plz stop crying plzzzzzz tw people are crying.

Dude are you crazy? we work 10 hours a day u Nazist... I dont qq about TW cause i know there NEEDS to be one time for it. And i respect american timing in this matter. But considering instances, it would be good when 2 times was itroduced, cause along with many thousands of euro players we DO have jobs/school/study etc. and we sleep at night just like u and rest of america does. So dont alienate euro and think logically about it.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They can't choose a time where doesn't **** someone over.
  • Heriod - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They can't choose a time where doesn't **** someone over.

But they can choose 2 times like by dungeon race. Nobody is complaining about the times there and it's ok.
  • Tayalka - Heavens Tear
    Tayalka - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    .....or they could change the time of events every week, so everyone could take part in it...
    ~Roses are red,
    violetts are blue,
    God made me beautiful,
    but what happend to you?~
    b:laugh[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]