Bold text in game

Options

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll let you decide why it did that.

Clue: it's not because I think it's in any way true, at all.

If you understood my point, I am much happy.
    *Politely bows*

Quote of the Day: Do not hate, use funny sarcasm.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Legases - Lost City
    Legases - Lost City Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    widen health bar in top left corner, widen whole chat box if your gana keep the little box that tells u what chat ppl are speaking (wich you shouldnt) fix font size on freinds list, login screen u know what *** it CHANGE BACK YOUR DAMN DISPLAY NOW!!!!!!!!! b:angry
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    If you understood my point, I am much happy.
    *Politely bows*

You're quite the gentleman, and I'll also add that your post was exceptionally well written and formulated, and one of the first ones regarding the issue to make me smile while reading it.

Posts like yours make these threads fun. =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Staylina - Dreamweaver
    Staylina - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    This is a huge mess, huge mess. If people weren't already going to quit due to the new TW related content, they will for sure when they see the noobie looking chat window.b:chuckle
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're quite the gentleman, and I'll also add that your post was exceptionally well written and formulated, and one of the first ones regarding the issue to make me smile while reading it.

Posts like yours make these threads fun. =D

Thank you much. ^^
    Forums should be more fun and agreeable to look at, even if you are in a bad mood. (Speaking in general, of course).
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i'm just at a lost of words. Did people try to click the genie window yet? check that out....hahaha
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Legases - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    honestly, did sumone accidently **** on the games font files or are you guys just reta.rded?
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I think i can live with this update as long as this game doesn't become anymore like JD
    ESO, HOTK...... keep your kiddy like graphics/charecters out of pwi XD

I pray FW is more like pwi before this maintance.
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • thunderwraith
    thunderwraith Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    CHANGE THE TW UPDATE NOWWWWWWWWb:angryb:angry
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Thank you much. ^^
    Forums should be more fun and agreeable to look at, even if you are in a bad mood.

Words of wisdom.

Although at the same time, I have to be honest, some of the rages are equally amusing. (Or some of the none-rages, for that matter, and by that I mean the ones without the sarcasm. )

Perfect World International : The home of kittens, rainbows, one-too-many mirage celestones, a-dozen-too-many bugs, and font colours so vivid it would be less painful to bash your face against a wall multiple times. You'll never have this much fun any where else.

↑ I'm going to assume that's how the No Complainers see it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • EthikaII - Heavens Tear
    EthikaII - Heavens Tear Posts: 664 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    CHANGE THE TW UPDATE NOWWWWWWWWb:angryb:angry

gtfo this thread is about Font XD
    Retired Sage.
    Moving to alts till they fix GBA boss ;(
  • Legases - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol with 10+ coments on this post rolling in like every second i expect it to be fixed in the next hour, just keep up the hate mail! b:victory
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ouch I was online for like 2min, and now I have a headache x_x. I'll be keeping gameplay to minimum till you change it backb:irritated.

please revert text to how it used to be.
  • Chovan - Harshlands
    Chovan - Harshlands Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Go play BoI (Battle of Immortals) and you'll see exactly what they have done. This chat system is exactly how BoI's is.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can type in caps and not even notice the difference b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    \signed

The in game font changes are atrocious. It looks like a first grader scribbling with a crayon meets grandma's overly large telephone pad.

I was in game for about 10 minutes before I had a headache and logged out.

Me too. b:infuriated
    Everyone's name being the same color makes me think everyone is talking in the same chat for a second...
    And the boxes at the front make everything waay bigger than necessary. Nothing was wrong with the font from before, you just had to make it a bit bigger sometimes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Ahmra - Raging Tide
    Ahmra - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    lol with 10+ coments on this post rolling in like every second i expect it to be fixed in the next hour, just keep up the hate mail! b:victory

np ... just for the record PWI in case you missed it the first time round ... I HATE THE NEW LARGE FONT AND **** CHAT SCREEN BUBBLES

b:angryb:angryb:angry
  • Isjitar - Sanctuary
    Isjitar - Sanctuary Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Uh those tabs with 'Guild' and such are horrible >.< as if we dont know what blue chat is.. maybe those that are lvl10- dont know, ok then it helps them, but for the next 90+ lvls of their pwi time they'll just find it annoying, like the rest of us.
    and those names all in the same colors.. D:
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im_Here_To_Bump_This_Thread_Try_And.jpg
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I can handle everything in the new patch but this damn text...fml ffs...b:cry

It is HORRIBLE!!! OMG....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Srsly why do we need the guild/team/what boxes

it just clutters the already small chat, i put the font to as small as it goes and its still massive, not all of us are blind b:cry
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Inorite? It is ugly and oversized, just like a mutant or an obese whale.

>.< Where is the style? Where is the glamour?

It all used to be so perfect on the chat system.

Now, back to my rage ^.^

(RedsRose rocks)
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Srsly why do we need the guild/team/what boxes

it just clutters the already small chat, i put the font to as small as it goes and its still massive, not all of us are blind b:cry

And the ones who actually are blind, already had an option to elnarge their chat font, in game.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Andareil - Lost City
    Andareil - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    And the ones who actually are blind, already had an option to elnarge their chat font, in game.

^ this

i think people can tell the diff between blue green yellow and white as well b:shutup
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ^ this

i think people can tell the diff between blue green yellow and white as well b:shutup

^ This

And if they can't, we always have the different chat sections, you know, the filter thingies on the bottom?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    While i certainly prefer the old font i'll be the first to admit it may be unfamiliarity that makes the new one so jarring. However the chat tags are certainly distracting, not to mention unnecessary, and make the chat window look needlessly cluttered. In my opinion they make it harder to concentrate on what people are saying as attention is inevitably drawn towards them, and to those of us used to glancing at it while otherwise occupied it's certainly a step back from the old more streamlined version.

However the worst offenders in my opinion are the much larger numbers on hp/mp/xp bars as well as on genie energy/stamina which almost by themselves defeat the very purpose of having visual cues in the first place. Exact numbers i would have usually only required on ocassion while the bars have now become almost useless. Looking through the posts it seems the damage extends further as far as functionality is concerned, and i haven't had much time to gauge the full extent of the damage. It may seem like focusing too much on small details but i think the comunity has legitimate reasons to complain. While the new options may improve accesability for some players it doesn't seem right to burden all of us with changes which we have no choice in wether to accept. The font does affect immersion, and the game's experience by forcing the eye to focus on details previously better conveyed. Some of us simply can't help but read anything offered so prominently.

I would respectfully ask those responsable to reconsider as the gaming experience of many of us is being negatively impacted.
  • Legases - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    Options
    All hell has oficialy broken loose on lost city. the TW guilds that have full +10 nirv gear are now rpk pretty much rage quitting archo gates... honestly pwi if you dont change this before the majority of your players logg in tomarow your game is lost.

-emergency patch saturday august 7th 2010 -
    change fonts back, change TW system back.
  • Golassic - Harshlands
    Golassic - Harshlands Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    im scared to click the "Start" button after patching o.o
    Useing ↑ in Forsaken World forum too

NightRage, WaffleChan, MistaBwanden, SoIar, WraithTanker, BeingHope, Zanyru won't be forgotten~!

RedsRose,Boogiepanda,NiightmareXz,Airyll u guys said everything that i wanned to say =] b:victory[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ahmra - Raging Tide
    Ahmra - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    While i certainly prefer the old font i'll be the first to admit it may be unfamiliarity that makes the new one so jarring. However the chat tags are certainly distracting, not to mention unnecessary, and make the chat window look needlessly cluttered. In my opinion they make it harder to concentrate on what people are saying as attention is inevitably drawn towards them, and to those of us used to glancing at it while otherwise occupied it's certainly a step back from the old more streamlined version.

However the worst offenders in my opinion are the much larger numbers on hp/mp/xp bars as well as on genie energy/stamina which almost by themselves defeat the very purpose of having visual cues in the first place. Exact numbers i would have usually only required on ocassion while the bars have now become almost useless. Looking through the posts it seems the damage extends further as far as functionality is concerned, and i haven't had much time to gauge the full extent of the damage. It may seem like focusing too much on small details but i think the comunity has legitimate reasons to complain. While the new options may improve accesability for some players it doesn't seem right to burden all of us with changes which we have no choice in wether to accept. The font does affect immersion, and the game's experience by forcing the eye to focus on details previously better conveyed. Some of us simply can't help but read anything offered so prominently.

I would respectfully ask those responsable to reconsider as the gaming experience of many of us is being negatively impacted.

Or, put simply ... WE HATE THE NEW FONT PWI GET RID OF IT NOW!!!
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Words of wisdom.

Although at the same time, I have to be honest, some of the rages are equally amusing. (Or some of the none-rages, for that matter, and by that I mean the ones without the sarcasm. )

Perfect World International : The home of kittens, rainbows, one-too-many mirage celestones, a-dozen-too-many bugs, and font colours so vivid it would be less painful to bash your face against a wall multiple times. You'll never have this much fun any where else.

↑ I'm going to assume that's how the No Complainers see it.

Well, this is why I spend so much time here nowadays. It's a source of endless fun.
    There is always something new, a content that sometimes asks you to be in the shoes of whoever wrote it*, even when it's meant to be serious.

Well, even the ones that always suggest the same ideas over and over and make their thread lively with arguments you would see in a Phoenix Wright's parody I begin to get fond of.

But yes, I am glad to see that you agree with me. I shall now sit back and enjoy the show.

Best regards.

*Including highly insane posts that do not add much on a constructive aspect but are still there for the sake of it... They are the best around (especially when a Mod/GM intervenes, never gets old)
    Inorite? It is ugly and oversized, just like a mutant or an obese whale.

The X-Men would like to have a word with you.
    And I think that whales are eating well. Thank you. ^^

In all seriousness, there should be official polls regarding that kind of cosmetic changes before they are actually implemented. There then would be less QQ, more peace for everyone.
    Be Zen people (No, not that kind of zen, I meant zazen)
This discussion has been closed.