protip

Bastilla - Raging Tide
Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
dont go sage because of bloodpaint. you will get more HP back with your 5 APS and higher crits. that is all
Post edited by Bastilla - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    dont go sage because of bloodpaint. you will get more HP back with your 5 APS and higher crits. that is all

... If you have enough cash to get 5 APS, your cultivation means jack****.

That is all.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    ... If you have enough cash to get 5 APS, your cultivation means jack****.

That is all.

^ That.
    And if you don't, Sage bloodpaint kicks ****, that aside to a bunch of other Sage skills.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    And if you don't, Sage bloodpaint kicks ****, that aside to a bunch of other Sage skills.

Well, even at less than 5 APS, a demon will attack faster and perma-spark with less interval so pretty much balance out the extra heal from Sage BP. The damage reduction from sage spark makes much more difference than BP imo.
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I fight like a skill spammer in PvP and interval in PvE. Wanted to go demon but now I'm having 2nd thoughts since Sage can get 5aps in the right gear, have an OP'd ribstrike, and have the nice 3% bloodpaint which would actually get you more hp than a demon if you get yourself to 5aps as well.
    Can't decide between OP'd skill spamming in PK and more survivability in PvE or devastating interval in PvE and even scarier squishy skills. The 30 minute wolf emblem also seems nice as sage.
    Probly gonna see if a friend or guildy wants to go the opposite path. Cause demon and sage sins squadded together can kill just about anything, PvE or PvP.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    I fight like a skill spammer in PvP and interval in PvE. Wanted to go demon but now I'm having 2nd thoughts since Sage can get 5aps in the right gear, have an OP'd ribstrike, and have the nice 3% bloodpaint which would actually get you more hp than a demon if you get yourself to 5aps as well.
    Can't decide between OP'd skill spamming in PK and more survivability in PvE or devastating interval in PvE and even scarier squishy skills. The 30 minute wolf emblem also seems nice as sage.
    Probly gonna see if a friend or guildy wants to go the opposite path. Cause demon and sage sins squadded together can kill just about anything, PvE or PvP.

See Olba's post.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Personally, I was originally thinking of going Demon for the spark alone, just like one would do with an Archer, mostly. Well, for Archers it's usually Demon Spark and Quick Shot.

Well, now that I've looked at the skills, I believe I'll end up going sage. The reasons are as follows:
    1. Sage Bloodpaint is better.
    2. Sins can nearly-permaspark even with low Intervals due to their chi gaining ability from skills like Inner Harmony, Rising Dragon Strike and Tackling Slash.
    3. Sage Wolf Emblem is a permanent buff. This will further add to the DPS they will deal.
    4. Sage Spark reduces damage, which is good for an LA tank.
    5. Sage Slipstream Strike is like a smaller version of Demon Quick Shot.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    go sage and buff bm's and we will love you long time
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    3. Sage Wolf Emblem is a permanent buff. This will further add to the DPS they will deal.

DPS should be about the same for both cultivations. 20% rage damage all the time vs 40% rage damage half of the time. Sage version is just more convenient for PvE, not having to keep buffing it, where as demon version offers the short period spike.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    You pretty much summed up my feelings on this topic.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    demon can get 5 APS with demon chill. lrn2assassin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    demon can get 5 APS with demon chill. lrn2assassin

5 APS with Chill on fists < 5 APS with daggers.

ijs
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    5 APS with Chill on fists < 5 APS with daggers.

ijs

5 APS with chill and daggers. rank 8 nerd. lrn2assassin
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Rank 9 nerd*

And gl with that
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Rank 9 nerd*

And gl with that

9jun doesnt have interval top.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    5 APS with chill and daggers. rank 8 nerd. lrn2assassin

You can't get 5 APS with daggers and Demon Chill.
    I doubt you can have 4 aps sparked with Chill if you had 4 aps base speed. I can't find the thread that tested the combine effect with sparking atm. But it's safe to assume that the % from Chill also applies to the interval. A_Noob had the base interval of 0.15, which went to 0.3 from the 100% interval increase from Chill, and was then able to spark to 5 aps. With the smallest base interval we can have atm, 0.25, we will have 0.5 interval with Chill on. 0.5 sparks to 0.35 and 30% of 2.87 does not make up for 5.

In the case of demon Chill, 0.25 goes to 0.4 with 70% addition, which still only spark to 0.3 or 3.33 aps. 3.33*1.3=4.33

"lrn2assassin"(lmao) and gtfo of my forum. b:bye
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    unrelated post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    You can't get 5 APS with daggers and Demon Chill.

"lrn2assassin"(lmao) and gtfo of my forum. b:bye

yeah you can. all interval gear brings you to 4 APS base. demon chill reduces attack speed by 70%. that brings you to 3.33. it goes off attack speed, not interval. so yeah, lrn2assassin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    yeah you can. all interval gear brings you to 4 APS base. demon chill reduces attack speed by 70%. that brings you to 3.33. it goes off attack speed, not interval. so yeah, lrn2assassin

Chill applies to interval just like demon spark applies to interval, or do you believe 3.33*1.25=5, aka 25% increase of 3.33 APS is 5 APS?

I have a base attack rate of 1.43 from rank 6 top and TT80 daggers(bracers on BM). With level 5 Chill on, 75% "reduction in attack speed", my attack rate goes to 0.83. Are you telling me that 1.43*(1-0.75)=0.83? 1.43 APS is 0.7 interval, increase that by 75% gets you 0.7*1.75=1.225, which rounds down to 1.2. 1/1.2 is 0.83 APS. Don't believe me? Try your own Chil

kthxbai b:bye go "lrn2assassin".
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Chill applies to interval just like demon spark applies to interval, or do you believe 3.33*1.25=5?

I have a base attack rate of 1.43 from rank 6 top and TT80 daggers(bracers on BM). With level 5 Chill on, 75% "reduction in attack speed", my attack rate goes to 0.83. Are you telling me that 1.43*(1-0.75)=0.83? 1.43 APS is 0.7 interval, increase that by 75% gets you 0.7*1.75=1.225, which rounds down to 1.2. 1/1.2 is 0.83 APS. Don't believe me? Try your own Chil

kthxbai b:bye go "lrn2assassin".

chill applies to attack speed. spark applies to attack speed. interval gear applies to the interval between your attacks. stop nerdraging and open your eyes. also, lrn2assassin
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    chill applies to attack speed. spark applies to attack speed. interval gear applies to the interval between your attacks. stop nerdraging and open your eyes. also, lrn2assassin

LMAO? So you are saying that when 3.33 APS sparks to 5, increasing 3.33 by 25% gets you 5?
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    LMAO? So you are saying that when 3.33 APS sparks to 5, increasing 3.33 by 25% gets you 5?

yes. thats exactly what im saying
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Okeano is right about the last bit. Check it out, take your calculator, and punch in (3.33 times 1.25). That, in essence, is a 25% increase of 3.33, and as you can see, you get... 4.1625. That is not 5 aps, yet we know that with 3.33 base aps, demon spark brings us to 5 aps. Clearly then, it cannot be true that increasing the number 3.33 by 25% gets you to 5 aps.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how a 25% increase in attack speed takes 3.33 to 5 aps... perhaps if I understand correctly, the attack speed increase is converted into interval, and PWI does a bit of hocus-pocus rounding to give 5 aps. Like, perhaps, it takes that 4.1625 aps number, turns it back into interval (1/4.1625 = ~0.24), and then rounds 0.24 to 0.2, and then... goes back to attack speed? Annnyways, its late & I'm not going to bother searching out the answer.

Just sayin though, 25% increase of the number 3.33 is not, directly anyways, 5.

-Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Okeano is right about the last bit. Check it out, take your calculator, and punch in (3.33 times 1.25). That, in essence, is a 25% increase of 3.33, and as you can see, you get... 4.1625. That is not 5 aps, yet we know that with 3.33 base aps, demon spark brings us to 5 aps. Clearly then, it cannot be true that increasing the number 3.33 by 25% gets you to 5 aps.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure how a 25% increase in attack speed takes 3.33 to 5 aps... perhaps if I understand correctly, the attack speed increase is converted into interval, and PWI does a bit of hocus-pocus rounding to give 5 aps. Like, perhaps, it takes that 4.1625 aps number, turns it back into interval (1/4.1625 = ~0.24), and then rounds 0.24 to 0.2, and then... goes back to attack speed? Annnyways, its late & I'm not going to bother searching out the answer.

Just sayin though, 25% increase of the number 3.33 is not, directly anyways, 5.

-Azzazin

Bastilla is trolling, don't bother trying to reason with her.

As for demon spark:
    In most cases, and all cases in the attack speed range of BM, the xx% speed increase is actually a xx% reduction in the interval then rounded to the nearest interval. There are few cases in the lower attack speed (archer's area) where this way of calculation doesn't produce the correct result, http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=6471541#post6471541 but as far as for BM goes, it's correct.

For example, if you have the attack speed of 1.82 per second or 0.55 second of interval, the 25% speed increase from demon spark will reduce your interval by 25%. So 0.55*0.75=0.4125 and rounds to 0.4 second of interval, which is 2.5 attacks per second. In the case where the interval after reduction is right in between two intervals, such as 0.5*0.75=0.375, it would round to the lower interval of 0.35 and give you a speed of 2.86 per second.
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Bastilla is trolling, don't bother trying to reason with her.

As for demon spark:

**him
    and im not trolling. pw rounds in the players favor. or else BMs wouldnt cash shop for 5 APS
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010

Care to explain how you see the difference?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    edited August 2010
    Care to explain how you see the difference?

yeah. interval is the interval between your attacks. attack speed is how fast the current attack happens. interval=/=attack speed
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    yeah. interval is the interval between your attacks. attack speed is how fast the current attack happens. interval=/=attack speed

So how come all the attack speed % calculations done wth the interval are accurate? I think that's a bit too much for a coincidence.

• StinkyFish - Lost City
    StinkyFish - Lost City Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    if you have gears that bring you down to 0.3 total interval thats 1/0.3 = 3.33 aps
    with demon spark thats 0.3 X 0.75 = 0.225 pwi rounds of the 0.025 and gives you 0.2
    1/0.2 = 5aps ty have a nice day b:bye

edit: Bastilla ur a troll and you lose this round ding ding