I Need Ideas

Options
Kephras - Heavens Tear
Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
edited August 2010 in The Fanatics Forum
It's short music (painfully, achingly short), but an absolutely gorgeous composition.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8f0Y9_TFg
I must use it for something.

I just have no idea what. surrender.gif
Post edited by Kephras - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ''overdramatic flashback'' is the only thing that really pops into mind for me.

Edit: actually, it reminds me more of an artsy commercial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hmm I listened to it with closed eyes...
    What I imagined was a scene.. two lovers, one died a dramatic way and this happens right after his final words, a zoom and the camera revolving in a circle around them, showing more of the sky, the environment. And maybe a soul going up into heaven.
    Dunno, an epic moment like this. Somehow... like the ending of ff7 crisis core, thats what it reminds me of.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXk9W96-PuE

I just dunno how this fits into asylum as funny scene lol
    Oh and call me nuts, but thats what Im thinking of when I hear this piece, great music <3
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    One walking under the rain or snow, full of loneliness, regrets and nostalgia, but having to live on.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just dunno how this fits into asylum as funny scene lol
    Oh and call me nuts, but thats what Im thinking of when I hear this piece, great music <3

Oh, it has nothing to do with Asylum at all. It's just an extraordinarily beautiful piece of music and I wanted to find a use for it.
    Thanks for the ideas so far folks. :)
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Oooh I see.

Well, whatever you do, it has to be epic :3 With that music you have to use the inspiration you get from it. And theres a lot of that :D
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Or scenes of big fights, but just for 3-4 seconds each, then bodies, then fire around and the fighters are sitting exhausted watching toward the battlefield. And then the leaders of the two fightings armies coming face to face, but not as enemies, but as friends.
  • bramante
    bramante Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    With the end-game scenario appearing as it does, how about something like the fall of the last Barbarian, b:sad in grace as he bravely fends the fiercest enemy, doing his all to (successfully) protect his charges until he has no more. As his final moment passes, b:cry the rest of the team take his great courage and power to win through and then mourn their great loss.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hm, that was a nice track, bit short though. Could use some additional material for a complete video...

In my eyes it would perfectly fit to some kind of "journey", meaning one or more characters standing at a cliff, looking at the sea (would be up in the north then, or anywhere where good cliffs are (haven't find any awesome ones til now...)), including some beautiful scenery/ nice views from high up, maybe some flight scenes, too... well... as I already said, it could use some additional music material... but the main message would be "Hope" and "Revelation" ...
  • Eusebyu - Harshlands
    Eusebyu - Harshlands Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Kephras u remember that video with Hurricane??? Now make Hurricane 2 it starts like:
    -That BM who killed the barb come back in his town while riding.He begin to thinks what he did.He remember that he have no family and he want to go in heaven to see them.He need to do alot of good thing for that.....After this he go in heaven:him mom,dad and bro are sad cuz he killed alot of ppls. And from this dunno what to say...This is what i see in this song...is just an opinionb:chuckle
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about...
    A girl is riding through the woods and ends up at a tombstone(the graveyard near Farng). The tombstone is of that of her dead best freind, whom she secretley had a crush on.
    After a few flashbacks and one, slightly romantic scene, she turns around to see his ghost. Crying, she admits she loves him before he fades away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Es: That is scary, since I had an almost identical thought for it while trying to fall asleep last night.

However, nothing's settled yet. Keep 'em coming folks :D
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    How about....

A PWI re-take of Cinderella?
    b:cute

The track is so inspirational and the first thing that popped up was Cinderella
    b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Reminds me of a sad wedding or event that was supposed to be happy but something went wrong...b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Before I go into it: I'm really sorry it's so cliche and expected. My in-depth thoughts only reach so far, and I'm seriously disappointed in myself for only coming up with something everyone else comes up with.

--
    A girl without any family and friends, that lost all her memories due to some illness, is also diagnosed with severe depression and Schizophrenia [voices in your head?] is walking around a gorgeous valley the day she was released from the mental hospital, after many years of therapy and intensive psychological care.

She is walking around and suddenly sees a iridescent/silver decorative arch, and touches it. As the sunlight bounces off and it and into her eyes, she has a quick flash back of her and a male, smiling and laughing under the arch. She stumbles, walks along and suddenly sees a valley of grapevines, then has another flashback of she and the same guy standing there, holding hands. She massages her temples, head pounding and falls backward .

When she opens her eyes, she sees a tombstone, engraved "My beloved. [Enter guy's name here and birth-death date.] In the upper
    corner is a heart with her and his initials engraved in it. Under the initials says, "Forever Love"

She begins to have flashing flashbacks, which together shows her turning around while hes talking to her. She pulls out a gun and points it at his chest. Before he can finish saying "___, What are you-", she shoots him in the heart because the voices in her head were getting too out of control and she finally gave in. He falls to the ground.

Now the girl is sobbing, sobbing desperately because she realizes that the one who killed the only person that ever cared about her... was...

her.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • Zaratha - Harshlands
    Zaratha - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Hm, am I the only one here who doesn't feel sad while listening to this music?

In all honesty, this piece immediately reminded me of "Circle of Life" from the opening of the Lion King or any of the music from the movie Avatar. It makes me think of new beginnings and the exchange of experiences among friends and family members. That doesn't make it any less dramatic than a sad, painful meaning would be - I still felt like crying while listening. It's so inspirational...

I would maybe go for something that starts out sad, and then ends with a hopeful message. My first impression of this music gave me this story:

Soldiers are returning home after successfully defending their homeland from a massive invasion, but not without heavy casualties on their side. A woman waits to see her lover return. One by one, the soldiers appear from the hillside to greet their families, but the woman's lover is nowhere to be seen. She runs to the top of the hill and looks out, but still sees nothing. In despair, she starts to cry, but then she feels a light touch on her shoulder, and she turns around to see him, standing there. She is too happy to see him to be mad for making her worry, and their reunion is a joyful one.

If you'd prefer something sad, then perhaps this:

A young man from the same company of soldiers mentioned above sits on a ledge, remembering scenes from the battle. His thoughts flow from a funeral ceremony held for the fallen soldiers just hours before. One of these soldiers happens to be the young man's best friend. He reminisces about the past, the good times they had together. His lover finds him and joins him in the reminiscing, and the mood lifts a little. The scene ends with a photograph-like image of the three of them together, and pans in to show just the fallen soldier's face, which fades away with the music.

Another idea, probably much more difficult than the first two:
    A middle-aged Cleric is walking with her mother in a field near a small body of water. They approach the water, and the mother suddenly falls, to weak to stand anymore. She is dying. In desperation, the Cleric tries to revive her mother, but it is too late. Her mother's final action is to happily gesture to her daughter's stomach, revealing (to the viewers) that she is pregnant. The dying mother only wishes for her daughter to focus on the new life ahead, not the life that is leaving. As the music fades, so does the mother's life, and the Cleric mourns.

That's all I've got for now. I'd just like to add that I greatly admire your work, Kephras. If only I had some means to make my own videos, I would. I have so many ideas, and a lot of them were inspired by watching your videos.

EDIT: I REALLY like XxRaynaHeart's idea.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well." - Voltaire
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Off topic fact : males think about battles, females think about weddings ... hmm b:laugh
  • Primordium - Dreamweaver
    Primordium - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Off topic fact : males think about battles, females think about weddings ... hmm b:laugh

Not true. I think about battles all the time b:cute I hardly ever think about weddings b:victory

Back on topic. It kinda sounds like a really sad death scene in the rain. Well thats all I got b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Black Cat Leader (Level 3 Faction)

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    []:::/\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/\::::[]
    []::/ ! \ CAUTION: Witty Comment Under Construction / ! \::[]
    []:====::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::====::[]
    [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not true. I think about battles all the time b:cute I hardly ever think about weddings

Back on topic. It kinda sounds like a really sad death scene in the rain. Well thats all I got

Sad death in the rain - female loses her lover .. That's what I`m talking about b:laugh
    No wedding involved, but I`m sure that if the male didn't died there was going to be one in several years b:laugh
  • TorukAslados - Raging Tide
    TorukAslados - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    okay,

The Human hero rides on his horse to his hometown and gets preased by his people. And at the same time you make a second story going on right at the same time. That the untamned people are crying and feeling sad about the fall of there hero. With a ceremony and stuff.
    In humantown they celebrate the hero's victory and stuff...

and later on when The hero is alone at night he climbs on one of the most biggest mountains or hills to think and think about the time of war and blood (you do this with flashbacks and stuff like you did in "Hurricane")

Greetz

Thelordsson (also a video editor) :)
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah....not gonna comment beyond this post cause most will see it as a troll since words wouldn't be able to describe the thought and scene that poped into my mind to use this music for b:surrender
  • LeLelle - Sanctuary
    LeLelle - Sanctuary Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    It sounds like tragic love lost music. Something Goshinki-ish. That was sad.