Fastes grinder/leveler?

Options
Vaxy - Dreamweaver
Vaxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Okay so which class has the best/fastest grinding/leveling capabilites? And which spec/gear do you need?

I was thinking about Archer or Veno. Any help from an experienced player is appreciated. Thanks.

p.s.: Non-AOE.
Post edited by Vaxy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Non-Aoe

Definatly a Veno.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Psy is pretty damn quick.

Every kill takes 4-6 seconds, for the most part.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Touch_Me - Lost City
    Touch_Me - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fast lvling without cash involved non aoe I'd go for Veno. Fastest lvler aoe BM and Cleric.

I know this vid here is a lil extreme but lol watch this dude lvl up makes you wonder why even bother racing to lvl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRTgLEk1ONs
  • Vaxy - Dreamweaver
    Vaxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Psy is pretty damn quick.

Every kill takes 4-6 seconds, for the most part.

Yeah but you have more downtime then a Veno, dont you? With downtime i mean pauses in between kills i.e. mana refreshing. So without spending a ton of coins on mana and hp pots Veno would still win the consistent grind race!?
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Venomancer =
    As caster pet tank for you = rarely getting attacked (if played right, which also mean low repair cost)

Low hp or mp ? = Venomancer can switch hp mp
    Example if you only has 10% mp left while still has 90% hp, you switch mp to 90% while hp to 10%
    since caster venomancer usually not have high hp, you only need to use second wind or 1 or 2 hp pot to recover the hp lost, still not enough ? veno also has 2 skill that recover hp mp (also can steal hp with fox form)

You also can run fast as a venomancer.

Venomancer is a class that if played as caster has the lowest down time compared to other class.

The only problem is you want legendary pets, with current economy it can cost you 50 ~ to 80 mill+ coins

But it's true that other class can grind faster than veno at end game . . (but i guess veno still fast if mainly fox form)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as grinding solo goes, keeping costs in mind, the undisputed best class for you is a venomancer. They have the least downtime because they have a HP regen skill, MP regen skill, a skill to switch their HP and MP, and a pet to do all the tanking for them.

Venos also have fox form to give their p.def a boost in a tight spot and have Summer Sprint at their disposal, making them the fastest of all caster class in terms of how fast you can run.

For grinding purposes, a Magmite or a Walker is fine. If you're thinking about soloing your bosses, you will begin to look into a Herc, but since you just spoke about levelling here I'm going to assume the ability to solo as much as possible isn't on your agenda, and that you'll squad when you need to.

Other classes pick up on grinding later in the game and, in general, have better AoE grinding abilities then the veno. (Clerics on spiders, archers at OHT map 3 and a few other prime examples that I can't remember.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

I don't even know what to say, lol.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as "fastest" goes it depends on the mobs and levels. For 1v1 grinding, in mid levels veno does well but interval stacked demon archers are alot faster at 99+.

You can tell from the nein even first phase which is a test of how fast you can grind mobs.

Aoe grinding you have BMs with clerics getting a special mention. Endgame tho most classes can aoe grind fine in 3rd map.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • KillerMcD - Heavens Tear
    KillerMcD - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That video actually turned my stomach. Explains some of the things that happen in random squads.
    Out of all the things I have lost over the years, I miss my mind the most.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    No one grinds or kill mobs solo to lvl anymore - unless you're one of those guys that likes to use illegal 3rd party program.

Only grinders i ever see are bots and they are mostly venos b:chuckle

Fastest leveler is the one who can get into good BH + Frost parties fast. Thats not really class specific.

Best class for fast leveling over all would be Bm tho. Best aoe skills and 95-99+ you can start solo Frost for ridiculous exp. Also best class for solo aoe in map 3 - even if other classes can do it to.
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Best class for fast leveling over all would be Bm tho. Best aoe skills and 95-99+ you can start solo Frost for ridiculous exp. .

I'd give a special mention to sin since they can solo instances (including FCC, some TTs, and their own BHs) by skipping all mobs and going straight for bosses.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Fast lvling without cash involved non aoe I'd go for Veno. Fastest lvler aoe BM and Cleric.

I know this vid here is a lil extreme but lol watch this dude lvl up makes you wonder why even bother racing to lvl.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRTgLEk1ONs

LOL. WOW.
    He's gonna have fun doing his cultis :)
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'd give a special mention to sin since they can solo instances (including FCC, some TTs, and their own BHs) by skipping all mobs and going straight for bosses.

All 99+ sins that can solo FCC in 25-30 min and get 102/103 in a few weeks is pretty broken actually b:angry And the fact that sins dont have to **** away time making a BH party and wait for slowpokes to get to BH79 and argue about fees, sure makes leveling faster.

Have to agree that sins at least 99+ i best for fast leveling, if you have good gear.

As 5.0 BM/Barb or even 5.0 archer you have to spend time killing mobs in Frost when you solo and waste a lot of hp charm with the lures. Takes me freaking 1.5 hour + 1 gold charm if i wanna do Frost solo so its not even worth it. Sins are definitely better for speed leveling.

Casters just get screwed all around at 100+ if they wanna keep level for more stat points.
  • erethizon1
    erethizon1 Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That video was definitely impressive. Level 83 in 26 minutes (the video is played at high speed so it does not take that long to watch). Still I wonder how high he could have gotten if he had used the other 170+ experience items in his inventory (and the experience reward items that came from those items).
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    That video actually turned my stomach. Explains some of the things that happen in random squads.

Why? Look at the packs, they're laced packs. That means this guy has (I assume) at least a level 9x character that is able to place in the top 5 every time the nien event goes down, and from there on uses acc stash to get the stuff to his alt. I hardly doubt he/she is going to have any trouble learning/equipping a new class if that is the case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why? Look at the packs, they're laced packs. That means this guy has (I assume) at least a level 9x character that is able to place in the top 5 every time the nien event goes down, and from there on uses acc stash to get the stuff to his alt. I hardly doubt he/she is going to have any trouble learning/equipping a new class if that is the case.

His main is lvl 100 as he was using briainpower orbs as well. He was opening Tiger Head Gift Packs, Laced and heavy packs. So all he had to do was place top 10.

As for fastest levelers? Air mobs using exp enhancers... used to be mijis (training esoterica) on air mobs, archer won hands down up until 7x. At later levels BM's AoE grinding.

Venos weren't the fastest for grinding/leveling, they were the cheapest.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary
    XxRaynaHeart - Sanctuary Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    MizukiMinoru ll Charisma Executor ll Active
  • OBOY - Sanctuary
    OBOY - Sanctuary Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    psy. cuz of high def buff and aoe or veno with nix is fast i hear to
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As 5.0 BM/Barb or even 5.0 archer you have to spend time killing mobs in Frost when you solo and waste a lot of hp charm with the lures. Takes me freaking 1.5 hour + 1 gold charm if i wanna do Frost solo so its not even worth it. Sins are definitely better for speed leveling.

My best solo FCC is like 80 mins and 100k charm, very much worth it. Try using claws more than bow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    As far as "fastest" goes it depends on the mobs and levels. For 1v1 grinding, in mid levels veno does well but interval stacked demon archers are alot faster at 99+.

You can tell from the nein even first phase which is a test of how fast you can grind mobs.

Aoe grinding you have BMs with clerics getting a special mention. Endgame tho most classes can aoe grind fine in 3rd map.
    BMs pwn clerics on the old map :x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Nein Event Alts. level the fastest and make the most coin (flawless, mirages, socket stones, for naught). Yay! Casters beware, and squad a Lv.99+ BM/Sin/Archer with perma-sparks or you wont get squat ^-^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah but you have more downtime then a Veno, dont you? With downtime i mean pauses in between kills i.e. mana refreshing. So without spending a ton of coins on mana and hp pots Veno would still win the consistent grind race!?
    When I ran tests with level 30 alts using the same equipment and build, the cleric edged out the veno.

Yeah the veno has almost no expenses. But the cleric simply kills faster. At first glance it would seem the veno has an advantage of having no downtime, and the veno won out initially when I sat the cleric down to meditate back to full mana. But soon I realized how stupid that was. To save myself ~200 coin on an mana potion, I was leaving my character sitting there doing nothing for 2-3 minutes. A single kill (8-12 seconds) at that level can easily yield more than 200 coin. So I was spending 2-3 minutes doing nothing to save myself 8-12 seconds worth of expenses. Silly.

So I tried again, this time keeping her mana replenished with pots and thus having no downtime. I subtracted the cost of the pots at the end, and both cleric and veno ended up getting about the same coin per hr. But the cleric would level faster since she was getting more kills per hr.

Where the veno had the big advantage was in safety. I don't think the veno ever died during the 4-5 hours I was testing this. The pet died a few times, but jump twice, hit fly, and fly up, and the veno is safe. The cleric died 3-4 times in the same amount of time (do note I was pushing for maximum kill rate, and playing a bit more risky than normal).