How much more?

Options
Demoniada - Lost City
Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
I just want to know how much more nobody is gonna do anything about _xXMayaXx_ in Lost city? For those of you who do not know, this players tries non-stop to scam us, offering us trade lets say for an item that we have arranged the price on 3m, and in the last second removing one zero from what he gaved on the trade screen and giving confirm/trade.

It is really frustrating. I did not fall for it, but I am sure that some people that do not pay much attention already have. Many people can confirm what I say. So ... can something be done or not? b:angry

Post edited by Demoniada - Lost City on

Comments

• Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Naming and shaming isn't allowed, also, anyone who gets scammed... well... it's their own fault. People make livings out of scamming others, but there's no ban button IRL. At least if it happens you'll be more cautious afterwards, and be thankful that it wasn't more.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drjiggle
    drjiggle Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    People make livings out of scamming others, but there's no ban button IRL.

Jail?

Scamming is illegal in real life. That's what fraud is. No reason the game needs to be any different. Yes, it's partly your fault, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate it or encourage it.
  • Demoniada - Lost City
    Demoniada - Lost City Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Jail?

Scamming is illegal in real life. That's what fraud is. No reason the game needs to be any different. Yes, it's partly your fault, but that doesn't mean we should tolerate it or encourage it.

Not much more to add except this actually. As for "naming & shaming" - I have screens that prove that I am not the only one that this player tried to scam. Will watch out for few more & will post them all here. b:victory

As in real life - bad people always prevail when good people do nothing.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Not much more to add except this actually. As for "naming & shaming" - I have screens that prove that I am not the only one that this player tried to scam. Will watch out for few more & will post them all here. b:victory

As in real life - bad people always prevail when good people do nothing.

hint: send your screenshots with a ticket...b:quiet

if you already did shame on the gms...b:beatenup
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    The GM's won't do a danm thing in this case since it comes down to the buyer paying attention.

I see in West arch all kinds of Catshops selling Best of Luck for 3Million and when you look they have lots of regular tokens priced a 3 MIL.

Those types of scam shops are false advertizing and should be banned. But meh, they never are gone for long.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Amour - Lost City
    Amour - Lost City Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    drjiggle wrote: »
    Jail?

Depends how serious it is, of course. And how professional/illegal the transaction was. Pretty sure if you hooked and some guy refused to pay you he wouldn't be sent to jail. A lot of it is up to a players discretion just as a lot of it is up to a person's discretion.
    "Amour is better suited to rainbow text, because he is a classy lady." - Nakhimov
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just want to know how much more nobody is gonna do anything about _xXMayaXx_ in Lost city? For those of you who do not know, this players tries non-stop to scam us, offering us trade lets say for an item that we have arranged the price on 3m, and in the last second removing one zero from what he gaved on the trade screen and giving confirm/trade.

It is really frustrating. I did not fall for it, but I am sure that some people that do not pay much attention already have. Many people can confirm what I say. So ... can something be done or not? b:angry

if they are giving me money, i wait until they click, "confirm" and "trade" first.