wow i just killed a gm

Options
ivanthebrave
ivanthebrave Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
so i was in the cubes first room and there was a gm that was out of sz and i figured that since you could atack blue names in there on pve servers i play a pvp server so its rare to see a blue name in the cube so i took off my wepeon and punched it just to test it i only hit a 50 but seeing how gms are lvl 1 i 1 shot the gm on accident i got a screanie afterwards when i was out of shock from killing a gm and the gm had recovered some hp but it does show that i hit the gm with my damage log and the gms health is not at the maximum

heres the screan shot

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae313/xIKEx/2010-08-0402-29-01.jpg

hoping it isnt against tos or somthingb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked
Post edited by ivanthebrave on

Comments

• RoidAbuse - Sanctuary
    RoidAbuse - Sanctuary Posts: 1,066 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    so i was in the cubes first room and there was a gm that was out of sz and i figured that since you could atack blue names in there on pve servers i play a pvp server so its rare to see a blue name in the cube so i took off my wepeon and punched it just to test it i only hit a 50 but seeing how gms are lvl 1 i 1 shot the gm on accident i got a screanie afterwards when i was out of shock from killing a gm and the gm had recovered some hp but it does show that i hit the gm with my damage log and the gms health is not at the maximum

heres the screan shot

http://i983.photobucket.com/albums/ae313/xIKEx/2010-08-0402-29-01.jpg

hoping it isnt against tos or somthingb:shockedb:shockedb:shocked

Knock Knock
    Who's there?
    Perma-ban
    perma-ban who
    Perma-ban you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Making "non-trash-talkers" show their true color. RAGE ON! b:laugh
  • ivanthebrave
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for punching a gm to see if i could wouldnt that be a little harsh
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    Aesciret - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GMs are level 105 not level 1.
  • ivanthebrave
    edited August 2010
    Options
    if theyre 105 why would they be blue names on pvp server?
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://profile.perfectworld.com/u/kantorek

Notice how under level it says 105.
  • ElderSig - Dreamweaver
    ElderSig - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,247 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    for punching a gm to see if i could wouldnt that be a little harsh

Killing anyone in room 1 is bannable, you just screwed up and picked a gm to kill b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Also, since all GMs have one of these; http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11215 it would take quite awhile to regen to half of 10 mil hp.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Also, since all GMs have one of these; http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/11215 it would take quite awhile to regen to half of 10 mil hp.

But having 10 mil pdef means that hitting 50 on them is impossible.
  • Shevanel - Sanctuary
    Shevanel - Sanctuary Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Notice the 9999999 dodge? I don't think he's hitting the gm with one of them. Clearly it wasn't wearing one.
    Koiz - omfg my life is now complete
    Shevanel - haha oh?
    ~~~
    Koiz - i took this massive dump
    Koiz - while listening to im on a boat hahahah
    Shevanel - hahahahaha
    Shevanel - haha
    Shevanel - Oh wow

Certain levels of Boredom..
    ThaMessiah: I'd rather endlessly wack it till I shot a load that hits my ceiling than do a 3-2
  • Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide
    Bladed_Tony - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Im pretty sure i saw a GM with the lil red GM above their name

so i give this a

cool story bro

b:bye
    Attacking at the speed of Suck since 2009
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

gm's got diff named alts also with gm status and wich are lvl 1 saw a couple of them in lost city and other places. without gm robe u can kill a gm. they prolly create the lvl 1 chars because the other chars are getting known by name wich results in mail and pm's etc
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like how the poll is split 50/50.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    may god forgive you son?
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I'll believe that you killed a GM, only because a faction mate of mine killed one by mistake.
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=biutth&s=3
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

GMs don't start off at level 105, they start off at lvl 1. The first time I saw BearClaw, it was blue name and had a lvl0 wooden wand. There is a quest item that they open, like a pack, that levels them, contains special buff pills and some other stuff.

GMs can be killed. They even used to have a PK the GM event. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Telarith - Sanctuary
    Telarith - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GMs don't start off at level 105, they start off at lvl 1. The first time I saw BearClaw, it was blue name and had a lvl0 wooden wand. There is a quest item that they open, like a pack, that levels them, contains special buff pills and some other stuff.

GMs can be killed. They even used to have a PK the GM event. b:bye

That thing was fun, though I was surprised that practically none of the players realized what was going to happen once we were told we had to pk set to participate. I got max distance, dropped Tempest, and was instant red named. After that, just started killing people. Good times :)
    Fist are the worst at PvP AND PvE, if you disagree, as I said, take it to PM's or make your own guide. Go here if you want to debate about it. - Lyndura

Get a High lvl Fist warrior use it, Restat to axes. GG - complexx

:NOTE: These signatures are to forever immortalize, how stupid people can be.
  • robb4321
    robb4321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gms can activate special npcs in the bottom left corner of the map to give themselves a gm cloak, until that point they are killable yes.

their level and cool equipts are done through the character editing website i believe. it was orginally called iweb, not sure what it is now.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    http://profile.perfectworld.com/u/kantorek

Notice how under level it says 105.

i dont think u realize that a GM can make more then 1 GM character, and when they make it, it isnt 105 straight away unless the person that fiddles with the DB sets it?

eitherway, on a GM account, any char made is automaticly a GM, hence the random GM names ppl sometimes see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • robb4321
    robb4321 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    gms can set invincible mode anyway, this one just forgot to.
  • ivanthebrave
    edited August 2010
    Options
    i player infod the gm before i checked if i could atack it and it only was wearing the starter wepeon and it didnt have the cloak so regenerating like 20-30 hp isnt going to take that long i realey did kill the gm i wish i had thought to get a better screanshot you can see that the gm got teleported to the middle of the room because she was killled i dont see why anyone would think that a lvl 1 cleric could take to much damage
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I don't believe you killed him. If you did you would not be speaking to us right now. PKing there is against the rules, you'd be getting the banhammer. Plus he's blue-named, explain that. Picture is fake.
  • ivanthebrave
    edited August 2010
    Options
    listen dont tell me that im wrong until you know what you are talking about since you play a pve server if you are a high enough lvl go into the cube then in the first corner try holding control and click them 2 times if your in the first corner you will atack them even if both you and them are blue named because that is out of sz and blue names are pkable in the cube
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    listen dont tell me that im wrong until you know what you are talking about since you play a pve server if you are a high enough lvl go into the cube then in the first corner try holding control and click them 2 times if your in the first corner you will atack them even if both you and them are blue named because that is out of sz and blue names are pkable in the cube
    The blue named part I didn't know about. What I do know is that it is against the rules to PK in Fate's Beginning. And by taking of screenshot of you pking in Fate's Beginning, you have signed your own ban warrant.

Do not assume things based on the server someone plays. That just shows how ignorant you are.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're the newb "ivanthebrave" PvErs know the PvP rules as well as anyone on a PvP server. "Zomg you're PvE, nnoobz" is the dumbest comment ever as the majority of PWi is PvE.
    Either way - if you do PK someone in the broken safe zone of the cube you do get banned. So if it was a GM you'd have a 3 day right now. Plus that simply doesn't look like a GM. . . allisonwei, seriously? I'm curious how someone with 100 hp or so got into the cube if they were a Game Master but I don't really care. Congrats to breaking a rule on a GM?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Even if I didn't know the PVP rules, it doesn't take a genius to guess that bypassing a game mechanic is a bannable offense. If you can't even guess that, then GTFO the internet you don't deserve to play MMO's.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yeah, PK'ing anyone in room 1 of the Cube isn't allowed, as it's a bug exploit.

I'm glad it was a GM instead of a regular player, though, as GM's should be able to defend themselves against this sort of ambush b:chuckle
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I just find it funny somebody is stupid enough to try and PK in room 1 when everybody knows it's against the rules xD

Also, even more funny if it's actually a GM.
  • ivanthebrave
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You're the newb "ivanthebrave" PvErs know the PvP rules as well as anyone on a PvP server. "Zomg you're PvE, nnoobz" is the dumbest comment ever as the majority of PWi is PvE.
    Either way - if you do PK someone in the broken safe zone of the cube you do get banned. So if it was a GM you'd have a 3 day right now. Plus that simply doesn't look like a GM. . . allisonwei, seriously? I'm curious how someone with 100 hp or so got into the cube if they were a Game Master but I don't really care. Congrats to breaking a rule on a GM?

Firstly: I never called anyone a Newb/N00B/ or even a "pve nnoobz." why do you resort to petty childish name calling ?

secondly: I know that PVe people can know the pve rules, what I meant by " since you play a pve server" is that there are infact blue names that pk you when you first get into the cube EVEN if you are a blue name. That was a reply to /Gohan saying that it couldnt happen becaause it was a blue name.

also: you do realise I took of my weapon and punched them , I wanted to see a resist thing pop up over the gms head, I kind of thought it was impossible to kill them .

So please stop pulling Phrases that I never said out of your rear end while qouting them as if i had said that.

go enjoy the game
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Plus that simply doesn't look like a GM. . . allisonwei, seriously? I'm curious how someone with 100 hp or so got into the cube if they were a Game Master but I don't really care. Congrats to breaking a rule on a GM?

Actually that really be a GM.
    o.o''
    Yeah, PK'ing anyone in room 1 of the Cube isn't allowed, as it's a bug exploit.

I'm glad it was a GM instead of a regular player, though, as GM's should be able to defend themselves against this sort of ambush b:chuckle

allison forgot to equip teh GM gear and buff.
    b:avoid
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WillowVIII - Dreamweaver
    WillowVIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You didn't just do something that's bannable... You did it to a GM -__-