What happened to 92 skill books?????

Legateu - Sanctuary
Legateu - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
Alright, so before the last maintenance, assassins had 92 skill books (dagger devotion and rib strike as far as i had seen) and now this week those skill books were bumped to 99 skills and i have seen only a few 89 skills (knife throw, slipstream strike, and i know there are at least 2 more but i can't recall) to boot. However, i have yet to see ANY 92 skill books for assassins now, most of the assassin skill books are 99 now. To that i say: "WHY?" why deprive a class of something that every other class has (granted i don't know about psychics, but ill go ahead and assume they're in the same boat)? I mean, I understand that the Tideborn are strong classes, but why not tone it down a bit instead of **** that race over in the end? Anyways, there is my beef, lets hope that someone actually takes this into consideration and i get a legitimate answer, because frankly, i am pissed =_=;
Post edited by Legateu - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I personally think its because the constant updates.
    Perhaps there's quite enough happening that they're going to add the books in a big summer update.
    But when they do come, QQville here we come.
    b:kiss
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Technically, there were never any lvl 92 sin books. Even though they were presented as lvl 92, you need to have done your 99 culti to learn them. Guessing this is how they're handling the error in coding
  • Trawne - Lost City
    Trawne - Lost City Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Technically, there were never any lvl 92 sin books. Even though they were presented as lvl 92, you need to have done your 99 culti to learn them. Guessing this is how they're handling the error in coding

pretty much this. i talked to a GM and he said it was a bug that they required 99 culti and to fix it would be difficult (yeah right b:embarrass)

i guess their solution was to change the number on the description to 99 b:laugh
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    i guess their solution was to change the number on the description to 99 b:laugh

Why bump up the level and make it so there are NO 92 skills instead of just lower the culti? I think thats BS that its "harder to lower the culti", i am no developer but i bet its just as easy as switching the level requirement... I suppose my point still remains: Why **** a race/class over for 92 skills even if others are whining about it, they are overpowered, w/e? One could argue barbs, wizards, HELL, any other class, is over powered, yet they have 92 skill books, and some damn good ones to boot...Why not just edit the skills so that sins are not so strong rather than leave us out to dry for those skill books?

maybe they will fix it after we whine enough =P... maybe not seeing as the cash shop is really the only thing they seem to care about nowadays. We shall see, but i personally would rather be nerfed than not have my 92 skills. And i understand assassins and psys are not "complete", hell i think we all know this, which begs the question: Why release a new race if YOU HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT YET?
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Just curious, isn't this game still technically in Open Beta? I don't recall an official announcement saying otherwise, though I've been gone for a few months and could've missed it b:surrender
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Why bump up the level and make it so there are NO 92 skills instead of just lower the culti? I think thats BS that its "harder to lower the culti", i am no developer but i bet its just as easy as switching the level requirement... I suppose my point still remains: Why **** a race/class over for 92 skills even if others are whining about it, they are overpowered, w/e? One could argue barbs, wizards, HELL, any other class, is over powered, yet they have 92 skill books, and some damn good ones to boot...Why not just edit the skills so that sins are not so strong rather than leave us out to dry for those skill books?

maybe they will fix it after we whine enough =P... maybe not seeing as the cash shop is really the only thing they seem to care about nowadays. We shall see, but i personally would rather be nerfed than not have my 92 skills. And i understand assassins and psys are not "complete", hell i think we all know this, which begs the question: Why release a new race if YOU HAVENT FIGURED IT OUT YET?

while i agree changing the culti shouldnt be difficult, changing the writing on the description is much easier.
    Just curious, isn't this game still technically in Open Beta? I don't recall an official announcement saying otherwise, though I've been gone for a few months and could've missed it b:surrender

all these type of MMO's stay in open beta and never declare official release. it has something to do with legal issues and them being able to have less responsibility
    I hope that I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of title, the character of an honest man. -George Washington
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    while i agree changing the culti shouldnt be difficult, changing the writing on the description is much easier.

all these type of MMO's stay in open beta and never declare official release. it has something to do with legal issues and them being able to have less responsibility

of course, it only seems right that they shirk their responsibility in spite of the fact people actually PAY THEM... i wish they treated their customers more like customers instead of livestock...
  • rawpowder
    rawpowder Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    psychics have the same problem, the lazy/retarted devs messed up the skill books for lvl 92 so now i have all these skill books and none that i can use yet, thanks for bending me over like that PW, would you like me to spread my cheeks for you to save you the trouble???
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    We need more people to post here and express their dismay with the developers' most recent lazy and inconsiderate decision to **** PAYING CUSTOMERS over. I think if those idiots see that a lot of people are pissed off about this BS then maybe they will change it. I personally refuse to ever put any amount of money into the hands of the developers again, if i am going to be treated like this, i at least like to get kissed when i'm getting screwed...
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    bump >_>.....
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    true lol i wish i learned sage dagger mastery at 92 >_> 99 is sooo far away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    EVERY other class has their weapon/elemental mastery at 92....it only seems fair that the tideborn do too... apparently the developers have a different idea... i mean 99 is fine for those tards that oracle spam their characters up to 100, sure... but for those of us who work for our characters and actually take the time to learn the class...well, we get screwed. it doesn't seem right to **** over those of us who actually play... i hope someone with the ability to actually make progress on this issue will read this thread. however, seeing as the developers don't seem to care about anything but the boutique any more i doubt they will do anything... it is a shame really, perfect world used to be fun, now its just full of kiddies using their parents' credit cards to level up...

in short, i wish the developers gave a damn, but it looks to me like they care less and less about their customers each week... no wonder so many people i know are quitting...
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    EVERY other class has their weapon/elemental mastery at 92....it only seems fair that the tideborn do too... apparently the developers have a different idea... i mean 99 is fine for those tards that oracle spam their characters up to 100, sure... but for those of us who work for our characters and actually take the time to learn the class...well, we get screwed. it doesn't seem right to **** over those of us who actually play... i hope someone with the ability to actually make progress on this issue will read this thread. however, seeing as the developers don't seem to care about anything but the boutique any more i doubt they will do anything... it is a shame really, perfect world used to be fun, now its just full of kiddies using their parents' credit cards to level up...

in short, i wish the developers gave a damn, but it looks to me like they care less and less about their customers each week... no wonder so many people i know are quitting...

for a moment i actually read your level as being 100 and was trying to figure out why you cared? lol b:chuckle

i know it sucks but i'm not to bothered with it. i have yet to see any of the books drop and i'm considering swapping paths when i finish culti at 100 anyway so i may as well wait.
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    for a moment i actually read your level as being 100 and was trying to figure out why you cared? lol b:chuckle

i know it sucks but i'm not to bothered with it. i have yet to see any of the books drop and i'm considering swapping paths when i finish culti at 100 anyway so i may as well wait.

After all the arguing that sage sins > demons sins you're going demon? b:beatup
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    After all the arguing that sage sins > demons sins you're going demon? b:beatup

omg so i wrote out a whole thing and the page closed..... i'll write it later maybe....anyway i'm thinking about it and likely will. skills have changed since those debates and some even swapped. basically i like the demon skill changes and upon reaching 100, with the right gear/refines, i wont need the survivability of sage in pve, and i never really needed it in pvp.b:surrender

also, my wife is sage so i will still get that amazing 3% bloodpaint b:laugh
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    omg so i wrote out a whole thing and the page closed..... i'll write it later maybe....anyway i'm thinking about it and likely will. skills have changed since those debates and some even swapped. basically i like the demon skill changes and upon reaching 100, with the right gear/refines, i wont need the survivability of sage in pve, and i never really needed it in pvp.b:surrender

also, my wife is sage so i will still get that amazing 3% bloodpaint b:laugh

Whattt.. I've been trolling ecatombs for the past 30 minutes just to be sure sage was the right choice. What'd they switch around? b:sweat

Better yet, where's there a complete skill list?
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Whattt.. I've been trolling ecatombs for the past 30 minutes just to be sure sage was the right choice. What'd they switch around? b:sweat

Better yet, where's there a complete skill list?

ecatomb has the complete list. some bits are off like it says level 11 blood paint lasts 60 seconds. it's really 60 minutes. slipstream and rib strike were swapped from what we initially saw. ecatomb has them correct.
  • Speshul_Ed - Heavens Tear
    Speshul_Ed - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    The other element of the problem, in addition to waiting another 7 levels to get skills: Level 99 skills are 2 mil spirit and coin to learn.

I'm hoping the text change was a quick fix, and there will actually be level 92 skills, so there's at least some kind of parity with other classes.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    The other element of the problem, in addition to waiting another 7 levels to get skills: Level 99 skills are 2 mil spirit and coin to learn.

I'm hoping the text change was a quick fix, and there will actually be level 92 skills, so there's at least some kind of parity with other classes.

they DO only use 1.5m spirit. so thats a good thing. b:surrender
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    i think my thread has gone off topic, my point still remains that we HAD 92 skill books and then a week later they were taken from us. I think we should stay on topic so that those of us who dont make a lifestyle out of this game actually have SOME skill books. Lets face it, those of us who work have a hard time getting to 99 because our jobs/school/real life get in the way of playing as much as those kiddies who just sit and play all summer. To sum my point up, again, what the hell were the developers thinking **** over an entire race????
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    To sum my point up, again, what the hell were the developers thinking **** over an entire race????

I really laughed rl sitting here at my desk at work b:chuckle

b:sweat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    i think my thread has gone off topic, my point still remains that we HAD 92 skill books and then a week later they were taken from us. I think we should stay on topic so that those of us who dont make a lifestyle out of this game actually have SOME skill books. Lets face it, those of us who work have a hard time getting to 99 because our jobs/school/real life get in the way of playing as much as those kiddies who just sit and play all summer. To sum my point up, again, what the hell were the developers thinking **** over an entire race????

if you read my post you'ld know the answer -_-

devs messed up. made required level 92 but cultivation 99.

they said it couldn't be easily fixed in the coding and would have to be done in a major patch later. so as a (sort of) bandage, they changed the required level on the books to 99 to match the cultivation. they still cost 1.5m sp though
  • Exits - Heavens Tear
    Exits - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    if you read my post you'ld know the answer -_-

devs messed up. made required level 92 but cultivation 99.

they said it couldn't be easily fixed in the coding and would have to be done in a major patch later. so as a (sort of) bandage, they changed the required level on the books to 99 to match the cultivation. they still cost 1.5m sp though

Do I understood rigth that they still plan to change the books back to 92 lvl with rigth cultivation required? " have to be done in a major patch later." .

I realy don't got the time to lvl fast to 99 and the 92 skils would make my play way more fun. considering the fact i got maijority of the books prepared already.
  • Trawne - Lost City
    edited June 2010
    Do I understood rigth that they still plan to change the books back to 92 lvl with rigth cultivation required? " have to be done in a major patch later." .

I realy don't got the time to lvl fast to 99 and the 92 skils would make my play way more fun. considering the fact i got maijority of the books prepared already.

according to the GM i talked to yes they are planning to but not until a "major patch"

which i translate as " whenever we can figure it out" so dont get your hopes up on it being anytime soon b:surrender
  • Exits - Heavens Tear
    Exits - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    according to the GM i talked to yes they are planning to but not until a "major patch"

which i translate as " whenever we can figure it out" so dont get your hopes up on it being anytime soon b:surrender

many thanks for the information, better late then never. You gave me hope at least b:thanks
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010

Yea I got the same answer. Honestly, I don't really see how it is so difficult to fix that... One would think customer satisfaction would be paramount... Oh well, i suppose the PWI Developer's Team doesn't care that they screwed a lot of people over, as long as the boutique is up and running eh?

Lets hope they fix it sooner than later, i have my books already purchased and college started again so my play time is very limited... damn 21 credit hours =_=;
  • Legateu - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    BUMP >_> If anyone actually checks this dead thread out, any comments on the books still not being fixed even after the TW fail patch? I dunno...I figured that would be the alleged "Major Patch" but alas, i thought wrong. That being said? Anyone get any better details on when this fail will be remedied?
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Double necro all the way across the forum! What could this mean?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3