Rank the classes best to worst

Comments

• Castieal - Dreamweaver
    Castieal - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well, since I haven't PvP'd against every other class, I don't feel that I could rank them all fairly in PvP strength with my own opinion since I don't have that experience. But from what I have seen, wizzies, sins, and BMs seem to be among the good PvPers, especially if they know what they are doing.

But as far as my own comfort PvP ranking goes:

1. Psy
    2. BM
    3. Wiz
    4. Sin
    5. Barb
    6. Archer
    7. Veno
    8. Cleric

Granted, it depends on what gear the others have and how well they know how to PvP. Psy is #1 for me because i think that if you understand the class and its skills, I find they can be quite powerful (but that applies to the other classes too obviously. Just my personal opinion and choice). Of course, I've had my stupid moments where I forgot my tactics against certain classes on the spot and regrettably got owned. b:surrender
    But at least I had fun doing it lol b:laugh
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hello? ever heard or spark+ and bloodsuck?b:surrender

Yesh....They need to make that skill aviable earlier >.<

Seriously.....my Sin is only able to do his quests like he does thnx to the Gold HP/MP charm I got his squishy **** >.>
  • DemonWith_In - Dreamweaver
    DemonWith_In - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    assassins r the real good robe killers. but an experienced archer will beat out an assassin at this job anyday. any how let me declare my pick.

pvp:
    1.Barbarians
    2.Wizard
    3.Assassin
    4.Blademaster
    5.Psychic
    6.Archer
    7.Venomancer
    8.Cleric

comfort:
    1.Archer
    2.Wizard
    3.Blademaster
    4.Venomancer
    5.Psychic
    6.Barbarian
    7.Assassin
    8.Cleric
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    :( why do clerics always get put last. b:angryb:angryb:angry
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • HippiePanda - Sanctuary
    HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    pvp:

1. Wizard
    2. Archer
    3. BM
    4. Veno
    5. Barb
    6. Psy
    7. Sin
    8. Cleric

Comfort (pvm)

1. Veno
    2. Barb
    3. Archer
    4. Sin
    5. BM
    6. Cleric
    7. Psy
    8. Wizard
  • ManofPower - Lost City
    ManofPower - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Their is no "Best class" as you presume every class has their strengh and weaknesses. Untamed are pretty good at pvp special when they get misty. Bm should be a bit higher again with misty they own they can stun lock the **** outa of alot of class.b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ManofPower - Lost City
    ManofPower - Lost City Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    To add on to that fist bm with 5 htis per sec OWNSZb:laughb:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PvP from all class point of view
    1. Sin (if you get ganked, click 1 button and be safe)
    2. Bm (Bms will kill anyone, unless they fail)
    3. Wiz (wizzie just to cool and super high damage)
    4. Archer
    5. Barb
    6. Cleric
    7. Veno
    8. Psy
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PvP from all class point of view
    1. Sin (if you get ganked, click 1 button and be safe)
    2. Bm (Bms will kill anyone, unless they fail)
    3. Wiz (wizzie just to cool and super high damage)
    4. Archer
    5. Barb
    6. Cleric
    7. Veno
    8. Psy

you clearly don't know how dmg goes for most classes... >.>

sins for most people should be two to three shots.

and Bms killing everyone? lol no.

hmm i'd say..

1. nixed veno. (barb if not nixed)
    2. depends on number one.
    3. bm
    4. cleric
    5. wiz (casting is horrible)
    6. archer (sorry but without distance you have nothing)
    7. sin
    8. psy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lol @ this guy for putting archers at the bottom of pve :p

Veno is just pure, send pet, heal and just goof off. Nothing special about it
    V
    Barb have too much HP and defense and basically patient enough
    V
    Bms ability to stun lock best at that field
    V
    Sin's OP puncture wound kiting technique
    V
    Clerics / wizzie's healing and kiting with their slow spells
    V
    Archer's nuking and keeping enemies in range

in PVP

1. Cashshopper with OP genie and attack LVL blessing
    2. Veno (solo), BM (group)
    3. Other classes

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    Kyiamori - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Isn't that the truth :O b:chuckle

no its not the truth, Veno's are super squishy and have nothing against a sin in pvp, and if their pet dies their screwed.
  • Kyiamori - Lost City
    Kyiamori - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hello? ever heard or spark+ and bloodsuck?b:surrender

whats spark and bloodsuck never heard of that, but if a sin has a charm they pwn in pveb:laugh
  • Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear
    Ulfhednar - Heavens Tear Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    afcdv wrote: »
    lol. a barb (that knows what to do) can almost successfully stunlock a person.
    Mighty swing stuns for 4 seconds and a 6 second cooldown
    Untamed Wraith stuns for 1 second and 60 second cooldown
    so a barb only has a 1 second gap in their stunlock and, if timed right, that can act like a true stun lock b:laugh

no sorry because of the 60 second cool down on untamed wrath a stun LOCK is impossible stun lock implies that the enemy will not be able to move at all, after untamed wrath goes, you can hit with mighty swing again but what happens after that? no more stun, and for that little bit of immobilization that depends on if mighty swing stuns or not its only 50% chance, sage has a shorter cool down which is nice and if stun goes off multiple times in a row then a stun lock is able to happen. demon has a higher chance to stun, so the untamed wrath combo will work a little better so barbs cant really stun lock but can stuck in clutch situations long enough to make a huge difference.
    well i havent done much pvp just alot of dualing but i will just say comfert lvl. keep in mind i havent play all the classes to a desent lvl but my brother has played the ones i havnt so i have a rough idea on how good they are.

1.barb
    2.veno
    3.bm
    4.arch
    5.phy
    6.cleric
    7.sin
    8.wiz

so i siad a barb bc i find with the right food and 2 sparks i never die like fighting mobs i dont die 5 att im fine bc of inoke then beastle rage for another spark if i dont kill enough in time i can sunder over 1000s of hp and 1000s of dmg on ea mob. i think u ahve to have +3 or more refine to realy feel how cunfy they r even magic mods dont matter with msg ornements and invoke ur laughin the hole time. so 2. veno is bc u never get hit unless ur tanking a boss u steal agro some times but if ur heavy fox veno it dosnt matter. i didnt make veno nubmer one bc u die alot when 2+ mobs att u well no die but sweat a lil. now for the rest of them i ahvent lvled much but my bro has made 2 dif sins and they kill fast but ones with no vit die to easy like i dont see how many one can me cunfyer with them more then a barb 1v1 they kill fast but thats it from wat i have seen.they can escape tho so idk maby they should be higher up i havent used 1 yet. iv also made a low lvl cleric i found they were ok but hp was to low had to heal all the time

were talking pvp right? this is the pvp threads =P
    1. Cash Shop player
    2. non cash shop player

(class doesnt matter, its the person behind the keys)

^that =D

also as a barb i have to say that barbs are great for pvp is built right and played right, contrary to popular believe they do NOT hit weakly, especially sage barbs they hit like a truck i know mine does =D my weapon is only +4 (tt99 gold) and i hit for over 1k on heavy armor classes and can hit up to 6k on arcane with just normal skills so far my highest hit in pvp was a 20k with Armageddon (with just my own p def debuff and of coarse on a low p def character, 10k crits on well geared arcanes) so id say barbs are pretty epic for pvp considering there survivability and the possible damage they put out, mind you they are really only good end game, with there sage/demon skills and decent gear and a lot of hard work =)

sage barb with sage axe and hammer, sage str of titans, poison fang, and a decent weapon (calloused lion-hearts, tt99gold, tt100) will annihilate in pvp also considering if they are built well, full vit for relying solely on Armageddon but a hybrid build for relying on using your character to its full potential >:D
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PvP:

1. Assassin (able to strategically outsmart any class if you can play it right. Stealth is just an added bonus)
    2. Psychic (able to strategically outsmart any class as well if played right but IMO sins are squishier and deadlier in PvP mostly due to stealth and stuns)
    3. Blademaster (Master of stuns, has powerful damage, and balanced phys/mag defense and HP)
    4. Wizard (once a wizard hits 90s, it becomes extremely powerful in PvP and can take down most classes if played right)
    5. Barbarian (best phys defense and decent damage and abillities. Hard to kill for most classes at later levels. Weak against casters and pro sins but can work around this to easily kill them if you know how)
    6. Venomancer (some venos are great at PvP but they tend to rely on their pet too much. More of a PvE specced class IMO)
    7. Archer (Archers are deadly in PvP but this is only at later levels and most classes can kill them. More of a support class in PvP for ganks and such)
    8. Cleric (Clerics should stick to healing and support. Not a good PvP class for players their own level but very much needed as a support class for both PvE and PvP)

Comfort:

1. Assassin (good hp if you build it right, fastest killer, stealth, squishy, etc. Best DD)
    2. Blademaster (Easy to play but gets boring in PvE after a while)
    3. Psychic (can kill nearly anything, good soloing class, etc. Great DD and great at PvP and PvE)
    4. Archer (great crowd control, DD, great at PvP at later levels)
    5. Venomancer (Best solo class and can fill a variety of roles but I'm unhappy with the pet system and such compared to many other MMOs)
    6. Barbarian (Easy to play in PvE, best tank, always wanted in a squad, potentially great at PvP in later levels. I prefer DD classes over tanks though)
    7. Cleric (good if you can play it right and always needed but too many "can you rez me" calls to actually focus on your own leveling)
    8. Wizard (I've yet to play a nuker in any MMO. I know how to kill them and play them in PvP but don't feel comfortable playing something I don't know how to play in PvE)

Feel free to correct me if you think I'm wrong on anything. This is all my own opinion based on my experiences and playing with others though.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    when both players can play their class and are equally geared

1.Psy
    2 Sin
    3 Cleric / Ven / Archer
    4 Wiz / Bm /Barb

of course culti sage/demon matters here also because i doubt to have any chance against a psy in 1v1 as wiz and after my sage culti it wont be better whereas a demon wiz with the reduced chan + -chan gear and the added dmg to the core skills because of culti will be able to take down a psy i guess

sins 2nd because they always have the advantage of first hit/stun

in my point of view the new classes are a bit op whereas the old ones are balanced

i rated wiz and barb 4th because 80% of the game unless endgame those classes hardly stand a chance in pvp
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1. stabbie fish
    2. nix veno
    3. archer
    4. bm
    5. wizard
    6. cleric
    ( 7. psych ?_? )
    8. barb

9. non-panda-barb, only pandas are cool!

i personally stay no chance in prepared 1vs1.. fish or veno
    i like potato
  • yashino
    yashino Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1. Credit Card
    2-x. insert your classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ^me

already quit pwi, and yet my gears are still superior than 95% of you people.
  • Wollfgoldrid - Lost City
    Wollfgoldrid - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    1.barb
    2.archer
    3.wizard
    4.cleric
    5.bm
    6.phsy
    7.veno
    8.sin
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    boy if i do a damage test on a barb my level i can kill it in mere seconds. and u dumb for putting sin at the bottom.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • hetra987
    hetra987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Assuming equal gear and roughly same skill.

Pre-90

Assassin/Archer/BM/Veno
    Psychic/Cleric/Barbarian
    Wizard

Post-90

Wizard/Assasin
    Psychic
    BM/Cleric/Barbarian/Veno/Archer
  • Qqarrowqq - Lost City
    Qqarrowqq - Lost City Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Veno > every other class b:cry

I wish venoes don't have the damn pets with them... Thats just insane. I will try assassins against venoes
  • BlastingWave - Harshlands
    BlastingWave - Harshlands Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    hmm ther 2 ways to rank em all pre 90 and post 90 im gona exclude psychics since i havent seen manyin action and include only those who ive seen kill and kill good ok her goes

PRE 90
    sins
    venos
    barbs
    bms
    archers
    clerics
    wizards

Post 90
    Wizards ( post 90wizards kill all clases and i mean they kill since wizys mosthardest hiting spells need time and post 90 gear and skills give em all the time they need)
    sins ( in my opinion this class was made only for pvp )
    clerics ( i havent seen many in action but ouch do they hurt when they atck you and killing them with charms is a pain in the keyster)
    Archers + BM( mostly archers are also made for pvp but killing bms and barbs for them is a little difficult in my opinion plus u need skill for this class as for BMS ther aoe and stuns speak for themselves)
    Barbs ( charmed barbs are killed easily only by wizzies or clerics )
    venos ( last because there not that strong if ther pet dies and i ve seen barbs and bms and wiard 3 shot ther nix and as all knoe nix is the only reason why venos can kill easy its also cause i havent seen many nix venos in action , yet)

now as far as comfort is concerned well than Venomacers FTW !!!!!!!!!
  • LOKl_ - Harshlands
    LOKl_ - Harshlands Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Time to **** people off. I have one of every character and class. Just the bm I have taken up to the 7x range. Recently started an archer and got its first kill and fought a 60 sin (archer was 40 at the time now 45).

Anyways first things first pvp is player versus player or fighting back and forth evenly... Or evenly either way its really fun

pk is player killer as in one shot and run to the next one... No fun at all... Rather boring in fact.....

So with that being said..

PVP
    Blademaster and barb are up there dead even.... OMG my best duel was with a barb 4 lvls higher than me... fight lasted 10 minutes... Only reason he won was cause I miss clicked my sutra.

Outside pvp wise was with a barb as well.

Then archer (also pk class).... I hate the kiting and trying to keep up but the fun is in the chase and trying to stun them. After 4 or 5 hits for most they are down... Or I am in 2 or 3 hits.

Them damn wizzies.... What can be said.... OOOOWWWW!!!!.... the ones who know what they are doing in light armor... holy...

Clerics and psy are about even with the wiz I hate the healers... But love the dmg they can do

venos.... The debuffs... the pet that keeps whacking away at you while you try and take out toon.... Its just a nuisance but most die.

Last for pvp but highest for pk are sins.... I have never seen a sin stand and fight....Its always come out of stealth kill back to stealth.... wait till cool down come out of stealth kill back to stealth.... You have no idea how many times I have griped at my computer... fing coward...

Comfort
    Barbs
    Venos
    Blademasters
    Archers
    Sin
    Cleric
    Wiz

Note.... I have noticed each class requires a different play style... So for my style of being up front standing and fighting anything and everything... The other squishy classes.... I might be a fail.... Ok I am a fail on my wiz and cleric but eh...

I am starting to fall in love with my archer though

Have fun all

Cya in gameb:bye

Lokib:pleased
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why does everyone forget about Psys? I know we're rare, but come on, people. >.<

PvP:
    Full +12
    Full +11
    Full +10
    Full +9
    Full +8
    Full +7
    Full +6
    Full +5
    Full +4
    Full +3
    Full +2
    Full +1
    Full +0

Comfort:
    Same as above.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Why does everyone forget about Psys? I know we're rare, but come on, people. >.<

PvP:
    Full +12
    Full +11
    Full +10
    Full +9
    Full +8
    Full +7
    Full +6
    Full +5
    Full +4
    Full +3
    Full +2
    Full +1
    Full +0

Comfort:
    Same as above.

Full +12 grade 1 gear isnt as good as Full +0 grade 12 gear b:surrender
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    PvP: [Best to Worst]

Wizzy
    Sin
    Archer
    Cleric
    Nix Veno
    Psy
    BM
    Normal Veno
    Barb

Although Barb could 1 hit all. BM and easily beat sin. Etc.... there really isn't an order
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Full +12 grade 1 gear isnt as good as Full +0 grade 12 gear b:surrender

Have you ever fought someone with full +12 grade 1 gear? No? Didn't think so. Them peeps are leet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Kaloissa - Archosaur
    Kaloissa - Archosaur Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    For your viewing pleasure

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=44e8908be14c18d3

TAH DAH!

call that squishy
  • ShadowDrag - Lost City
    ShadowDrag - Lost City Posts: 291 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sure why not..

PvP
    1. Cashshopper
    2. Cashshopper
    3. Cashshopper
    4. Cashshopper
    5. Cashshopper
    6. Cashshopper
    7. Cashshopper
    8. Cashshopper

Comfort:
    Need i say more?
    For your viewing pleasure

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=44e8908be14c18d3

TAH DAH!

call that squishy

Lol wtf, its called nirvana gear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aussiecleric - Harshlands
    Aussiecleric - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    barbs are the bomb come end game i have 3 chars so far all lvl 50+ and have been told several times to get barb 90+ for pvp anyways they all have there little quirks and its how u control your char anyways good gaming