Decision making sage or demon

bladeacolyte
bladeacolyte Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
i'm currently playing pw Philippines since it patched the rised of the tideborn on july 21 2010 so its been a week now and im currently level 50 assassin pure dex thanks to tips in this site its really good and i think its not that squishy i guess i only got killed twice since level one,anyway my problem is i dont know what to get sage or demon so i need info what performs better in TW and in PVP,but im eyeing for demon now it seems very interesting path,i know some topics are similar to this but i just want to do my own thread,b:laugh
Post edited by bladeacolyte on

Comments

• Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sage; 3% BP alone beats everything Demon has to offerb:sin
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you plan to do nothing but PvE for the rest of your life, yes sage BP is the reason to go sage
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Get demon spark and only demon spark at 89. Take that to 100. Outfit your gear for a 4 aps sin by 100. Then switch to Sage.

With genie skills, you can be a 100 sin with 3% BP, 5 aps, supa fish powah! b:dirty
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Permanent 5 aps while sparking > relentless courage, not to mention that RC takes up a lot of genie energy, which can be used for better things
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Get demon spark and only demon spark at 89. Take that to 100. Outfit your gear for a 4 aps sin by 100. Then switch to Sage.

With genie skills, you can be a 100 sin with 3% BP, 5 aps, supa fish powah! b:dirty

Whoa wait! Hold the boat! Are you telling me that you can respec and keep Demon Spark?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Rougweee - Dreamweaver
    Rougweee - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    but if u don't have the money to swich to demon or stuffs like that what would be best to choose and stay with it?...sage or demon?
  • ehnoismano
    ehnoismano Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    im in the same boat

im going to make a -int sin, so the demon spark looks great, but the sage skills effects seems great too, and the spark damage reduction effect with RC more BP make me feel like semi-immortal, but its not spammable =(

i'm pve-pvp-tw player, any opnion are welcome

a question about slipstream

Has 30% chance to increase your attack speed by 20% for 3 seconds
    is this the real effect? i heard that the time is 12 seconds
  • bladeacolyte
    edited July 2010

thanks for replying in my post anyway if i go sage and get chill of the deep can the interval gears compensate for the reduction in attack speed?
  • StretchIt - Harshlands
    StretchIt - Harshlands Posts: 327 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    sage dagger mastery kicks bum too.
    and ribstrike
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sage Sin: PvE/Skill Spammer/Defense (in a way).
    Demon Sin: PvP/PvE/Interval/Offense.

If you want to be a skill spammer sin, be a sage. If you want to be an interval sin, be a demon. It's pretty much that simple IMO.
  • Neddih - Harshlands
    Neddih - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    In my opinion:

sage has:
    better pve tanking/soloing ability.
    a few better skills for aoe and pve situations

demon has:
    better stuns
    spammable demon spark for speed

the biggest difference that i see for the speed between relent and demon spark is you cant res/release and have the speed boost ready with the click of a couple skills (ih/rds/escape).
    it takes some time for genie to charge up enough energy to use it. and if you just used it its hard to use it again nearly immediately if you are doing pvp vs. multiple players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Permanent 5 aps while sparking > relentless courage, not to mention that RC takes up a lot of genie energy, which can be used for better things
    4 aps sage even without genie skills > 5 aps demon

Less damage but you get 25% damage reduction + better skills (even at DD, look at Powerdash) and on top of it you can help with genie skills to get 5 aps.

Getting 4 aps unsparked is bloody hard though rofl

From my point of view:

Sage pros:
    - better AoEs (amplify effect too, so more useful in rebirth or some TW situations)
    - better soloing capabilities
    - better bloodpaint which is a buff others love you too for, like BMs XD
    - better chi (helps when you can triple spark constantly + Inner Harmony + Power Dash or such... also helps in TW when you die and need to get back to fight fast, as much chi gain as possible is awesome)
    - better in some PvP scenarios, for example CotD, Tackling Slash and Power Dash are better than Demon.
    - better mastery

Demon pros:
    - better single target DPS when sparked, which is useful mostly in PvE and not PvP obviously (because you need to spark). If sages get 4 aps it's not that huge of a difference especially with genie skills now and then.
    - better in 1v1 PvP fights (PK and such) due to a bit longer stuns.

All I can say is it's your choice they're both not bad but imo sage pwns if you get 4 aps.
    the biggest difference that i see for the speed between relent and demon spark is you cant res/release and have the speed boost ready with the click of a couple skills (ih/rds/escape).
    it takes some time for genie to charge up enough energy to use it. and if you just used it its hard to use it again nearly immediately if you are doing pvp vs. multiple players.
    Wait you're telling me you triple spark in PvP and kill multiple opponents with it?

Wow those ppl must actually suck to let you do it lmao
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Neddih - Harshlands
    Neddih - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    actually was refering to spark/killing one player then getting killed or running/stealthing because multiple people then getting back in and spark/killing them again or another person.

not sparking then going after many at once since as a squishier class we'd get owned pretty quick.

though aoe from stealth works very well for killing a group especially combined with bramble rage.(which sage > demon due to better aoes). but be prepared to die if any/many survive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bladeacolyte
    edited August 2010
    ok tnx guys ill message again have to work 20 levels yet to reach 89,thank you for the replies anyway i think sage can better utilize all the sin skills specially chill of the depth i think it helps increase further his spamming capabilities
  • _Leif - Lost City
    edited August 2010
    4 aps sage even without genie skills > 5 aps demon

Less damage but you get 25% damage reduction + better skills (even at DD, look at Powerdash) and on top of it you can help with genie skills to get 5 aps.

Getting 4 aps unsparked is bloody hard though rofl

From my point of view:

Sage pros:
    - better AoEs (amplify effect too, so more useful in rebirth or some TW situations)
    - better soloing capabilities
    - better bloodpaint which is a buff others love you too for, like BMs XD
    - better chi (helps when you can triple spark constantly + Inner Harmony + Power Dash or such... also helps in TW when you die and need to get back to fight fast, as much chi gain as possible is awesome)
    - better in some PvP scenarios, for example CotD, Tackling Slash and Power Dash are better than Demon.
    - better mastery

Demon pros:
    - better single target DPS when sparked, which is useful mostly in PvE and not PvP obviously (because you need to spark). If sages get 4 aps it's not that huge of a difference especially with genie skills now and then.
    - better in 1v1 PvP fights (PK and such) due to a bit longer stuns.

All I can say is it's your choice they're both not bad but imo sage pwns if you get 4 aps.

Wait you're telling me you triple spark in PvP and kill multiple opponents with it?

Wow those ppl must actually suck to let you do it lmao

Theoretically, sage can get 5 aps without genie skills with the addition of the new rank 9 rings. It's just significantly easier to do so as a demon sin. As for skills, yes sage does have several skills that are better than their demon counterparts. In 1on1 PvP, the only aggressive skills that I tend to use are Tackling Slash, Deep sting, Throatcut, Headhunt, RDS, Shadow teleport, and occasionally rib strike (deals decent damage). Of these, demon throatcut, headhunt, and shadow teleport are all significantly better. Also, 25% damage reduction is not very useful outside of PvE and boss tanking. I still get hit upwards of 6k from some players, which is a oneshot for me without deaden nerves up. Best case scenario, sage spark lets me tank an additional hit before going down.

The only PvP aspect where sage wins hands down is in aoeing. Sage chill of the deep, power dash, subsea strike, and bramble rage will post some BIG numbers

EDIT: Demon sins can also have 4 aps... with chill of the deep up