Genie for clerics (not sure if this is the right place)

Options
vengefulfury
vengefulfury Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Cleric
Well i'm pretty much lvl60 and i feel that my genie could be so much more but i have no idea how to make it better i never really paid much attention to it. Yeh i set its' attribute points and such but it still seems pretty weak, it doesn't even have a good pull range.

Any tips on making my genie more powerful and what skills would best be assigned to it for a cleric?

I tried searching for a similar post but found nothing of use except a few rants lol.
Post edited by vengefulfury on

Comments

• Jellytoast - Sanctuary
    Jellytoast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A good pull range? Well if you have a Zeal with Earthflame, it always has the same range since it cannot be leveled.
    Also, I have a Zeal, it has Earthflame for pulling, Holy Path for obvious reasons, Leaf Dance for crit when I feel like it, and Earthquake really helps with physical mobs. I'd suggest Earthquake for a Cleric with low phys defense. It's similar to a psy's knockback skill. It'll keep the mobs off you long enough for you to heal or attack without them hitting you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    jellytoast - Demon Cleric
    Wizzypop - Demon Wizard

"We cannot solve our problems with the same
    thinking we used when we created them." -Albert Einstein
  • Umbra - Raging Tide
    Umbra - Raging Tide Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Breakstun works too. Absolute Domain, Bramble Rage, Holy Path, Tree of Protection and Second Wind are also skills that are a must have on a genie.

As for what genie, Zeal is the best. (It looks pro with 60+ LP) b:dirty Especially because of it's Earthflame.
    Skyrim, ok. b:dirty
  • Panteka - Sanctuary
    Panteka - Sanctuary Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My genie is lvl 65 with 42 LP... this is my setup and it works well for me:

50 Vit
    50 Mag
    26 str

Earthflame lvl1
    Extreme Poison Lvl10
    Holy Path lvl9
    Second Wind lvl10

when I get more LP I am gonna grab Tangling Mire as well. The 50 vit is for 2 consecutive holy paths and the 50 mag is for 2/s energy regen...im lvling str for more power in 2nd wind. It works well for me and I use all my skills regularly. *shrug*
  • Stargazers - Heavens Tear
    Stargazers - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    My genie is quite similar to yours, Panteka, but I've yet to get Extreme Poison because...I don't know, I should probably get it.

The only difference, besides the one listen above, is that I capped by VIT at 138 (so 38 VIT) because I figured that is all I need for 2 consecutive Holy Paths (don't forget that energy regens while the skill is in use. Since the max duration of Holy Path is 6 seconds of speediness, and since my genie has 50 MAG, the genie regenerates 12 energy points. So by the time the effect of the initial Holy Path has ended, I have the minimal amount of energy required for the second one).
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    well i have a lvl36 cleric and was wondering about the skill pheonix dance has anyone tried? it i looked it up on that site can't remember name but it seems to be a pretty good damage skill.
    she currently has an infliction genie in which i plan to get ToP, Extreme Poison and haven't really decided on the other skills but that's all i got.
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    Aesciret - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Pretty sure Phoenix Dance is an archer only genie skill.
  • FloraFang - Harshlands
    FloraFang - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    it says it in game on the skill description but i saw a pk vid of a cleric using it and on the site it says archer, cleric
    The three L's Love, Life and Light! Love those who love you back unconditionally. Live life the way you envision. And light a path that others would want to follow.

I've done two of them...don't try to guess xpb:kissb:cute
  • vengefulfury
    vengefulfury Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My genie is only lvl35 what the hell is that about? lol.

Must admit i haven't spoken to Watcher of Earth in regards to my genie for a lonnngt time lol.
  • Willtp - Sanctuary
    Willtp - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    My genie setup is as follows:

absolute domain ~ for obvious reasons

Tree of protecion ~ this is a handy little skill for high hp clerics like me, it heals alot more health than second wind, however you have to plan ahead and use it just before it's needed. This is a good skill to use if your health is dropping and you are unable to IH, welspring ect

extreme poison ~ if you like seeing big numbers, tap this midway through casting tempest

Frenzy ~ similar to exreme poison it increases damage by 20% however it does this by increasing your attack level rather than amplifing the damage the target takes. this jeans it effect AOEs such as tempest. use this in conjuction with exreme poison for devastating effects.

and finaly holy path ~ for running away and catching up your foes nothing is better