**** ???, how to prevent

Options
migalia
migalia Posts: 63 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
ok, simple one of my accounts is being **** currently. i logged on with my normal username/pass. then soon after i was on it disconnected me from server and said . . you have been booted.

ok next i head to my account to see what the pass was changed to (the lost id/password) put in the proper email and not even the email is being sent it seems.

the account name is shintera. (user shinkansen and surentos posted on fourum recently)
Post edited by migalia on

Comments

• Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A few points to consider:

You should not put your account name here. It is supposed to be private.

Disconnections occur. I always get disconnected when switching from one character to another for some reason (especially when I am in W.Arch) and I am not ****. Logging back in to solve this issue is fine.

If it is not that, you should send a ticket to support.

And finally, do not make multiple threads on the same, or very resembling topics. GMs and mods frown at this practice.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    that's the name of the account, not the actual username to log in. the name that when i type from it you see that name. and 2nd. d/c i woudl expect. but it said booted. and also when i tried to relog back in my password was changed
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    migalia wrote: »
    that's the name of the account, not the actual username to log in. the name that when i type from it you see that name. and 2nd. d/c i woudl expect. but it said booted. and also when i tried to relog back in my password was changed

Hmm hmm. If you said you never gave your password to anyone, that is really strange that it happens to you. Yup, do send a ticket to support... Locate the support button on the top part of this page, then click on'my support', log in then go for 'request support' and fill the form in.
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    heres another tip from me though. . . . . am i spending $ to the people who take care of support. . . . no. . . . chance of somebody not paying them (greedy pwi if you haven't payed attention to anything lately) the'll probably not give a ****. at all. i've had the accoutn for 3-4 days. spent $20 to get my wings. that's all i have are those wings. and lvl 20 archer. i havent talked to anybody about the account. i've only talked to a few people in game and that was 1-2 i squaded with whcih i just chatted about classes/pvp ect. mostly i've been solo. nobody knows anything about the account username/password or so i thought.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    heres another tip from me though. . . . . am i spending $ to the people who take care of support. . . . no. . . . chance of somebody not paying them (greedy pwi if you haven't payed attention to anything lately) the'll probably not give a ****. at all

Dissing them will do no good. You desperately want to get helped, yet you already make assumptions, false accusations/defaming and so on... -_-
    Try it and hope for the best. :P
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    considering all i'm trying to do is primarly get the email that i set the account up on. (was a new account for a pvp server so i set it up on a new email which i vaguely remember the details about. in the process of doign process of elimination to figure out what i actually set it as. so that i can change the password back to something that i know. and is not known to others. (good thing i have different passwords for everything i do including multiple accounts/emails which is not bannable in this game)
  • Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
    Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    euhm dont know if ya noticed, but lately PWI has been shaving the skin off their asses to make us happyb:bye and it seems you not even gonna try support, and yet you still say they dont care? you obviously dont care then... >>
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    and yet anni packs, and **** are still in game. chest of coins still exists, very few bugs are fixed. and yet you think they help much psh. only reason they help is when it's a cser. find who was helped or what glitches are helped and chances are it relates to a cser.
  • Iyzebel - Lost City
    Iyzebel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:laugh look at your friends maybe some1 of em stole and log on your acount
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    considering all i'm trying to do is primarly get the email that i set the account up on. (was a new account for a pvp server so i set it up on a new email which i vaguely remember the details about. in the process of doign process of elimination to figure out what i actually set it as. so that i can change the password back to something that i know. and is not known to others. (good thing i have different passwords for everything i do including multiple accounts/emails which is not bannable in this game)

Fair enough, but if you got no true lead, I don't really see how it can be done. Sorry. It's all I could do for you.
    Besides, you are going on rant mode atm... I guess I will leave you alone.
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nope, 0 flist on lc atm. nobody on sanctuary even knows the account exists. dan (rl friend nickname) hasn't played pwi for about 4-5 months i don't think he'll even return tbh

true i am starting to rant. cause frankly i'm really pissed at it. pwi if you look at the tickets (i did do some looking at it just not a ton) only deals with specifics and leaves little room for alterations. or variations
  • Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver
    Missa_Mae - Dreamweaver Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    err hello, if you were smart and bought gold in game coins mind you before packs then when packs came out bought em, you would see this is another way for you and them to make money....if they bring packs people QQ if they dont they still QQ, really if you want your problem fixed stop QQ-ing and do something about it...b:lipcurl
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    err hello, if you were smart and bought gold in game coins mind you before packs then when packs came out bought em, you would see this is another way for you and them to make money....if they bring packs people QQ if they dont they still QQ, really if you want your problem fixed stop QQ-ing and do something about it...b:lipcurl

You are going off-topic. XD

Hey migalia, now that I think about it... You did not log into phishing sites did you? (just making sure)
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    agreed, and i figured out the issue. i logged onto my account with hotspot shield active (so my ip becomes a virtual ip and not my own.) so they decided to temp ban me (still half to figure out how long) for logging in from a restricted realm. and instead of telling me it's a temp ban they just change my pass/shut off account and only say incorrect pass/account without saying it when you try to log in. QQQQQQQ
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well then, my job is done here. b:avoid

P.S.: A thanks is always nice and costs nothing. :P
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the primary thread topic is over. now i half to figure out why using an ip guard is bannable.
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    Aesciret - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    the primary thread topic is over. now i half to figure out why using an ip guard is bannable.

Its to stop people using PWI from IP blocked regions or multi-clienting.
  • CTRLotus - Sanctuary
    CTRLotus - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    two questions though:
    1) If your pasword was changed, how can you post on the forums? Open a new account? Probably not, concidering you have a 67 cleric.

2) How would he have changed your email if there is currently no way to?
    Cant make up my mind D:
    Maybe.. human guardian?
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It sounds like you were given or bought the account.

You need to have ownership of the original email address registered to the account to change your password.

The message "you have been booted" happens if someone else force logs the account. If the password was changed on you, it's not actually your account. It must have belonged to someone else originally, otherwise the password could not be changed.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Here's how you prevent getting ****.

1. Do Not download any bots or cheats and try to use them. They are just progs to steal your login info.

2. Do Not give your login information to anyone, not even your best friend.

3. Do not "buy" an account from anyone, they will always have the ability to take it back and you're screwed. (not really ****, but hey, there's really stupid people out here.)

As you can see none of these methods are you getting ****. It's basically you being an idiot.

It would be SO hard to actually **** a PWI account that it's not feasibly possible.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • migalia
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lol if you read up before you posted, alittle ways before. it was being banned from using a proxy server it seems. and no i didn't buy the account. i just have multiple of them. i never put all i have on 1-2 accounts. regardless of the mmo i never have and never will.
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    yes, but since your title was a question about how to avoid getting ****, I thought it would be good to have a proper answer in the thread somewhere. Ya never know, someone may actually read it and be educated.

I doubt it, but I like to have hope that someday people will use the search function to find answers.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
  • Tonttuu - Heavens Tear
    Tonttuu - Heavens Tear Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    reading ur posts i bet u just got banned with that attitude...i didnt read any other posts =)