Best Blademaster weapon?

Options
syntheticlife
syntheticlife Posts: 5 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Blademaster
Hello everyone, I'm new to the game (haven't even finished downloading yet) and I've decided to become a Blademaster! BUT I've searched through the various guides and the walls of text are just mind numbing and I was wondering if anyone would care to share which weapon is most useful/ best for a Blademaster, please include pros and cons of the weapon you support.
Post edited by syntheticlife on

Comments

• Theotus - Heavens Tear
    Theotus - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    Umm, ok. So your weapon choice really depends on how you would like to play. I am an axe bm, like most bm's in the game. I personally enjoy the major aoe attacks and effects that being a higher lvl axe bm provides. The only problem I have is the somewhat low damage while 1 on one with a mob. sword provides decently high one on one damage, but very few aoe attacks. Polearm is a bm range class, not to be confused with the range of an archer, but you can attack from further away than all the other weapon paths. I don't know much about this path, so I don't know the drawbacks. Fist bms have high dex, which increases crit rates, but somewhat low str, which lowers your average attack. Again, don't know much about this weapon path, so I can't pass a judgement. It's only a choice of how you choose to play. Whether being a mass mob murderer like myself, or a more strategic player like a fist bm has to be.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    I would say duel swords or poleblade.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Anders - Lost City
    Anders - Lost City Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    the best blademaster weapon at 60 is an ancient arbor.
  • Zozan - Heavens Tear
    Zozan - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    1.Axes are best overall weapon and most popular. It is best for pve,aoe,and tw. Also it is the best weapon for Zhening and squading with other players. All round you will level faster.
    2.Fist is best at pvp but takes time and effort to perfect. Fist has low damage but quick attack rate. With fist you will be taking on everything one on one aoe is not an option for fist.
    3.Poleblade is my personal choice cause it is decent all round but does not really stand out in any catagory except dueling cause of its good bleed effects. You get more ranged attacks with poleblade which does give options to take out running targets put it hurts to stay long range against magic users.
    4.Sword is the default if u find u can not decide on any other weapon. The swords finale attack is more effective then any other weapon cause it has better damage. This weapon does not place number one in anything but its finale attack damage.
    I hope this helps and a tip on you're armor u should use heavy.
  • Taihen - Sanctuary
    Taihen - Sanctuary Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    For my part, I would say swords, well, everything depends of that you prefers: criticals, magic, strength...
    Knowing that fists make more criticals, swords/axes/poleaxes play on strength and magic equipments play more on magic.
    And then, everything also depends on which monster the weapon has to act, but I am not going to detail because it will be necessary... At least a whole night!

Good luck...!
    For the sake of everyone who risked their lives for me...
    ... I'll try to be strong...!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    About the most honest answer I have seen posted is the second one thus far. Because in the end, it does come down to personal choice in how you like to play much more then any one weapon being better then another. Many BM's do not take the time to test out the pro's and con's of each. And more so the people that do use their weapons, seldom like to post the con's on them.

One thing to keep in mind, when you choice your weapon ( and you will not being choosing a real path till 29 but can stat ahead of time ) is how your stats must be set for each weapon. Axe require much more str then any other weapon, and fist follow suit with dex. Pole and sword fall in the middle and use a bit of both. You are only given so many points to play with in your build, so you end up sac'ing one of the main three to make up for the other. Hence higher str = more dmg normally but lower acc because of the lack of dex. High dex users having the highest hit % but lack some of the punch.

Personally on my own end, I have fallen inbetween with with running just enough str for my spear, capping my vit at 55 ( not all do, but with me it works well ) and keeping my dex nice and high. This works for me, only because I refine my gear to make up for the missing vit. But equally a axe bm can make up for the missing dex with the misty rings post level 77, giving themselves equal to or higher acc then my own. So late game, it does even out a bit, but you are still giving up something to gain the other.

Con's of the Pole line, I would not really call it a con, because I rather enjoy positioning mobs, but most of our aoe are frontal and liner. Being that I need the mobs in front of me and bunched up to effectively aoe them. To some it is annoying having to make sure the mobs are where you want them, to me as I put, I enjoy it because it adds some flavor to the grind. So as put, I personally do not see it as a con. I have aoe'ed along side axe bm's pulling just as many mobs and handling them just as effectively with less pots or healing because of this. But as for pure speed, then axe would top them out for sure.

Pro's for Pole have pretty much already been layed out. Extended range ( so loves tagging people trying to run ) with Farstrike has to be one of my favorite abilities, as well as one of the most hardest hitting bm ability ( note I did not say the hardests but one of them ) that is allowed to the class. Overall I do recall the pole line having the highest single dmg abilites, but as any pole bm will point out, some of them are much slower.
  • Kuragarifire - Heavens Tear
    Kuragarifire - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The best weapon I have ever seen would be Abysmal Tides (for a claw BM) Brothers Of Fear (Dual hammers) CirrusLord (Blade BM) Crescentic Sharpness (Sword BM) Heroic Pride (Pike BM) but sadly, all of these are ultiamte weapons, so they are a good goal to work towards.
    Like sword, or the night sky, I'll be there holding you, watching you cry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chosen Few Executor.
  • Shotay - Lost City
    Shotay - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    The best weapon I have ever seen would be Abysmal Tides (for a claw BM) Brothers Of Fear (Dual hammers) CirrusLord (Blade BM) Crescentic Sharpness (Sword BM) Heroic Pride (Pike BM) but sadly, all of these are ultiamte weapons, so they are a good goal to work towards.
    I don't think anyone in PWI has any ultimate weapons yet
  • Granrey - Sanctuary
    Granrey - Sanctuary Posts: 2,050 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    for me, it is the best one I can get my hands on between sword, fists and axes lol.
  • Maximus - Harshlands
    Maximus - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2009
    Options
    What you really should do, is play all weapons, at least till lvl 29.
    And then pick the one you think looks coolest, and plays the best.
    You play to have fun, so pick the weapon that you enjoy playing the most.

In the end all weapons have pro's and cons, but ultimately the player with the best skills in his weapon path will be the best BM. Unless you are outgeared.

There are some parts of the game that "require" a certain weapon to be used. BMs are DD, but our damage is comparably low to wizards and archers. In rebirth for example, you are expected to deal damage to the mobs, but they come with a lot at the same time so it is rater pointless to attack then 1 by 1. Same goes for zhenning. Its is very inconvenient to use polarm here, because your best AoE skill pushes the mobs out of wizards/archers range. Axes do not have this problem, and sword/fist don't AoE at all.
    So I would recommend to be able to use axes when necessary, and play your favorite weapon for the rest of the time.
  • Pronetix - Harshlands
    Pronetix - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would say the best weapons for BM are Axes for lvling and Fists or Claws for PVP,i graitly will say that Poleaxe is better than axes and has better speed and attack distance,iam personally playing with Fists cuz they attack ****** fast and do nice crits and damage

i hope i helped b:victory
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Options
    i would say the best weapons for BM are Axes for lvling and Fists or Claws for PVP,i graitly will say that Poleaxe is better than axes and has better speed and attack distance,iam personally playing with Fists cuz they attack ****** fast and do nice crits and damage

i hope i helped b:victory

You realize this thread was almost a year old..... Necro
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Accelerate_ - Heavens Tear
    _Accelerate_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't think anyone in PWI has any ultimate weapons yet

Yeah there is. Accelerator (Assassin) has Warsoul Daggers. Shes the very first one in the entire game to get a warsoul weapon. im not exactly sure what her lvl is but im sure she is around the 95+ in Heavens Tear Server (im in it b:victory)

[Anyway. I would say Sword is in between the effects of a Fist/Claw BM and an Axe BM
    since it has a fast attack rate and high damage and a few AOEs. My BM (lvl 73) is a Axe BM atm and im not quite happy with the damage I do. I started off as a Sword/Dual Sword BM then changed to axe at lvl 40 and never used a reset note to reset my stat points from a sword build to an axe build. Frankly I kinda regret switching because while axe bms have higher spike damage and aoes sword bms are smooth in battle, they have Mid-High9 damage and fast attack rate and consistent damage while axe bms are like Low-Higher . well, i dont think I should go in any more detail. It all depends on you. maybe try playing some of the other weapons to give you an idea. Hope This Helps^^] b:victory
    BTW. Im a retired BM now. Im an Assassin now (lvl 75 atm)b:victory
  • DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear
    DrowsEdge - Heavens Tear Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was axes till 80 or so. They're awesome for grinding physical attack quest mobs and AoEing in general, especially when you get to nightscream. I started using a sword and maxed all it's abilities. I put more dex in to get fists/claws now @ 99. Being a demon BM it's the best for DPS. Interval gear is a definite plus.
    Deicide
  • MoonlitMusic - Heavens Tear
    MoonlitMusic - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    nearly every bm goes fist/axe end-game. if you walk outside west gate and you dun see over 4 red named BMs with decide, you need to check your settings. P:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shocked
  • Zolex - Lost City
    Zolex - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I started the game, I started as a Sword BM around 70 after a lot of duells I was jelous on the axe BM's stunlocks so I decided to go Axe. Around 90 I was thinking that my sword skills are maxed why to noy use Axe and sword too so I started to use both. Now at 99 the fist bms make me wonder with the high DPS so I decided to restat so I can use Axe, Sword and Fistb:laughb:victory
  • Azilan - Lost City
    Azilan - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I preffer go sword bm coz its very useful in pvp and pve and easy to manage and when your high lvl the game will be easy as a sword bm so i being successful so far and no doubt i'll be success in future so bro giv it a try as sword bm
  • airisu41
    airisu41 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Well it usually depends on your build, like if you want to be a Fist Bm you should have pretty good dex. I prefer swords much easier to handle and it seems like the best chose for beginers. Lol dont know why i reply if this is like more hen year ago b:laugh
  • GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver
    GrimReaperHC - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,695 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I like my double axes build, but if you are going for them you should know that you will have a lot of misses in fights.
  • Zeroswift - Harshlands
    Zeroswift - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Silly little people, Why would you pick one weapon path when you can have all of them? Just build your character like so, 3str 2dex per level, get high level hp gear and your set, currently I can use all weapons but prefer axes and claws/fists. Axes are for mobs and aoe attacks while claws are good for boss fights. My current aps (attacks per second) is 2.23 which is decently fast! I can kill any class my level in most circumstances. If you are looking for a strong class Blademaster I HIGHLY recommend axes/fists! And you are wrong, I have brothers of fear, cost me 311 gold! XD I'm a loser!
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    nice necro (god WHY WHY can i say *** in game but not in forums? there are soooooo many wonderfull conjectures of that word i would love to call people here Q.Q)
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ois - Lost City
    Ois - Lost City Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    Options
    Wowowow necro O.O