Facebook Promotion is a ****

Options
GHealz - Archosaur
GHealz - Archosaur Posts: 201 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
OK i JUST logged on mt fb profile and found that it had been **** and some idiot was using it to spam advertisements on my friends page, now goin over my recent activity on net the ONLY place i EVER used my fb account other then just lggin in my comp was for the perfect world facebook promotion for the jonas blessing
so i am warning ppl dont do it anymore PW has hackers using it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Tempest FTWb:bye
Post edited by GHealz - Archosaur on

Comments

• DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • MsEvilness - Heavens Tear
    MsEvilness - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    oh no, hackers!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Originally posted by LShattered - HeavensTear
    Ohhh...I am dumb b:shutup
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    b:shocked did you actually used a proper facebook account.....b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sigh sadly i 4got the password and user name for the other account i have
  • Mi$t - Lost City
    Mi$t - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The hell is a Jonas Blessing?
  • ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver
    ShadowOfLife - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

+60 att level b:surrender

No but seriously he meant Jones blessing b:pleased
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    #1: It posts an advertisment every time you use the promotion to get a blessing.
    #2: Connecting your FB makes them able to send you other 'updates' as well.
    #3: You seriously used a real account? b:laugh
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited July 2010
    Options
    #1: It posts an advertisment every time you use the promotion to get a blessing.
    #2: Connecting your FB makes them able to send you other 'updates' as well.
    #3: You seriously used a real account? b:laugh

not THAT advertisement, some advertisement for ipod shippinG and as i said i lost the fake account i had, my passwords combinations are hard sometimes
  • DemonFox - Dreamweaver
    DemonFox - Dreamweaver Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So make another decoy account? xD
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not THAT advertisement, some advertisement for ipod shippinG and as i said i lost the fake account i had, my passwords combinations are hard sometimes

How hard is it to make a new account? y u making pass word so hard to remember for a fake account? fake account is there to be **** to be abused to be.... pwied
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited July 2010
    Options
    being a REPUTABLE organisation it shouldnt matter which account i use, the fact is that they promote hacking of accounts, which should NOT happen for being an established organisation
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All I want to say is.. they are Chinese b:avoid

They are COOL b:surrender
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't see how we **** or promoted the hacking of your account. Could you please elaborate?
  • Belgare - Sanctuary
    Belgare - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok after i went tru the entire process of getting the jones blessing at exactly 10hrs ago, i check my email inbox on msn and see some messages from facebook about some picture i posted on my freinds wall, this happened to a few of the friends 9 hrs ago.
    some advertisement on ipod shipping was posted on their walls and i dont even own an ipod and its saying that some site can ship them to u fast, now since the ONLY other place i used my facebook account info was here( besides me ofc)....who is the 1st suspect??.....PWI
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Teh Jonas brothers appear and blesses you giving you a +5 to whattheheckjusthappenedstatus.
    b:shocked
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There was this one time where my friend's facebook started posting random advertisements on my wall. I went and removed it from my wall and I ended up getting hit with this virus-thing as well. It started posting the same advertisements onto my friends' wall. Seems like you get infected when you remove it from your wall.

This sounds similar to your problem. Change your password and don't touch anything and see if the problem persists over the next few days.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't see how we **** or promoted the hacking of your account. Could you please elaborate?
    He's referring to the fact that Facebook posts an advertising message (because that's what it is) to his friends' feeds every time he gets a Jones Blessing.

And, as the replies to OP have proven, most people who get the blessings are using alternate accounts - most likely dummy accounts with 0 friends - to do it (myself included). Why? Because we're decent people who don't want to spam our friends' feeds with **** they don't care about (I mean hell... we're not playing Farmville here XD).

So you can tell whoever cooked up the Facebook promotion that it's not serving their intended advertising goals. :P Maybe then we'll see the end of it and the stupid blessings as well... -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Zikai - Heavens Tear
    Zikai - Heavens Tear Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I used my real account... and then set it to hide them from my news feeds and now it doesn't bother anybody.

But I only bothered to get the blessing once because I'm not really into it. I'd rather not play like an addict with the blessing, and then when it goes bye-bye, oh wait... my character suddenly sucks because she doesn't hit as hard as I thought. b:bye

Edit: And did you happen to leave your account open in a public place like a school or library computer lab? It just so happened earlier today that I sat down at the computer in one of my college computer labs and someone left their facebook logged in. So I posted on their wall saying it was hijacked and logged it out. Never know who can come across your account :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Who heals the healer?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ok after i went tru the entire process of getting the jones blessing at exactly 10hrs ago, i check my email inbox on msn and see some messages from facebook about some picture i posted on my freinds wall, this happened to a few of the friends 9 hrs ago.
    some advertisement on ipod shipping was posted on their walls and i dont even own an ipod and its saying that some site can ship them to u fast, now since the ONLY other place i used my facebook account info was here( besides me ofc)....who is the 1st suspect??.....PWI
    I've done dozens of those blessings and haven't ever got the problem you did. Likely, it's a problem with something you downloaded, something you allowed access to your fb that doesn't include pwi, or having weak security on your browser. Look more internally first.
  • GHealz - Archosaur
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i dont log my facebook account in any other place but home,
    also i have avast 5( fully activated) my downlaods are limited as i have had bad situations with downlaods, so i am very cautious with wat i dowload and i dont log facebook that often maybe one every 3-2days i mite log on