Ultimate Dragon Orb Combining Guide

Comments

• SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for this very nice guide :)

Havn't read all post but there is a small error when making a 8 star...
    You need to make six 5 stars, not five as posted....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for this very nice guide :)

Havn't read all post but there is a small error when making a 8 star...
    You need to make six 5 stars, not five as posted....

Thank you for your input. I will look into my calculations later today when I get home.

That being said... There is always a slim possibility for error in something like this. Everything is so repetitive it all begins to blur when attempting to figure it all.

Also keep in mind I'm no millionaire here either. I spend most of what I have made on my TT90 gear and getting my sage skills.

In other words this guide has not been verified. Which is why I asked for any corrections needed to be pointed out. I don't have the billion coin needed to make all of the orbs. The highest I have made is a six star mainly because you start losing money when reselling at that point.

I'd love for someone who has made the higher level orbs to verify. Even better to have made them starting with one stars. Maybe a cash shopper would be able to confirm this.

Again though thank you for being the first to point out a potential error and I will make sure to confirm or deny it and fix any errors if they are present upon further inspection.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    I had a few minutes on my lunch so I checked the post on my phone.

You are correct the eight star indeed requires six five star orbs not five as I originally posted.

Once I'm off work I'll fix it and look further into the rest of the math.

Thank you for pointing out the mistake.
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Kado: If you want somebody who shoulds know the D.Orb combining rate above 6* check with Accelerator on HT server. She/he has a set of Warsoul Daggers that are +12'd.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Kado: If you want somebody who shoulds know the D.Orb combining rate above 6* check with Accelerator on HT server. She/he has a set of Warsoul Daggers that are +12'd.
    Only thing about that is its easy to do that cash shopping without actually making the orbs from scratch. Hell you can out right buy ten stars and not sure about the twelve star. To actually check the math in its entirety would require someone buying the amount of one star orbs required and going at it from scratch. That or having a developer or someone verify which means someone else doing the math and suggesting the fix or having their guide overwrite this one.
  • SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver
    SuperHebbe - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I had a few minutes on my lunch so I checked the post on my phone.

You are correct the eight star indeed requires six five star orbs not five as I originally posted.

Once I'm off work I'll fix it and look further into the rest of the math.

Thank you for pointing out the mistake.

Anytime :)

I have combined every orbs up to +12 (except +10), and as far as I remember this was the only error that I found ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    SuperHebbe that one orb difference actually threw the whole thing from 8 star on out of line. I believe the calculations should be corrected now. Below is the table I used to formulate the process.

Orb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    1 1
    2 4 1
    3 10 2 1
    4 25 5 2 1
    5 60 12 5 2 1
    6 130 26 11 4 2 1
    7 215 43 18 7 3 1 1
    8 405 81 34 13 6 2 1 1
    9 750 150 63 24 11 4 2 1 1
    10 1370 274 115 44 20 7 4 2 1 1
    11 2525 505 212 81 37 13 7 4 2 1 1
    12 4645 929 390 149 68 24 13 7 4 2 1 1
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I think most people these days make the 11 star and the 12 star from ocean orbs (10 star orb) since those are often on sale for cheap. Here are the steps for that.

11 Star Orb with Ocean Orbs

Amount of Orbs Needed=1155 (1 Stars), 1 Ocean Orb

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (8 Star), 1 (9 Star), 1 (10 Star)

Combine 924 (1 Stars) to make 231 (2 Stars) =924 Orbs Used
    Then Make 97 (3 Stars) =1118 Orbs Used
    Then Make 37 (4 Stars) =1155 Orbs Used
    Then Make 17 (5 Stars)
    Then make 6 (6 Stars)
    Then Make 3 (7 Stars)
    Then Make 2 (8 Stars)
    Then Make 1 (9 Stars)
    Then Make 1 (11 Star)

12 Star Orb with Ocean Orbs

Amount of Orbs Needed=1905 (1 Stars), 2 Ocean Orbs

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (9 Star), 1 (10 Star), 1 (11 Star)

Combine 1524 (1 Stars) to make 381 (2 Stars) =1524 Orbs Used
    Then Make 160 (3 Stars) =1844 Orbs Used
    Then Make 61 (4 Stars) =1905 Orbs Used
    Then Make 28 (5 Stars)
    Then make 10 (6 Stars)
    Then Make 5 (7 Stars)
    Then Make 3 (8 Stars)
    Then Make 2 (9 Stars)
    Then Make 1 (11 Star)
    Then Make 1 (12 Star)

EDIT I have made both the 11 star and 12 star orb with these exact steps so consider this verified.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Good info Asterelle. Just like with my main post, I would suggest anyone trying this process to confirm the math but I'm sure it is sound advice.
  • FastTwitch - Archosaur
    FastTwitch - Archosaur Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I would assume in order to make one of each orb from 1 to your desired number, you would have to add up the crafting steps of each proceeding orb. So, if i wanted to refine something to +2, i would need 1 1* + 4 1*. Maybe you could post this info as well
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    I would assume in order to make one of each orb from 1 to your desired number, you would have to add up the crafting steps of each proceeding orb. So, if i wanted to refine something to +2, i would need 1 1* + 4 1*. Maybe you could post this info as well

Frankly I believe that is quite simple and you should have had no trouble doing that yourself. Considering the amount of effort that was put in to this to begin with now you are just coming across lazy. Simply add up the steps just as you had begun and you have your answer. Or better yet you could have done it and provided help for all others that may have had the same inquisitive idea as you.

Either way...

Segments are Orb Amount and Combined Amount

Combined Process
    Orb Amount Combined Amount
    1 1 1
    2 4 5
    3 10 15
    4 25 40
    5 60 100
    6 130 230
    7 215 445
    8 405 850
    9 750 1600
    10 1370 2970
    11 2525 5495
    12 4645 10140

As always verify or take the time to check the calculations before you spend your hard earned coin on attempting this.
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I was told nothing like this was available, so I created exactly the same thing you posted here for my factions website then was immediately informed of your guide!!!!

I'll give you the extra information added in mine too so you can add it to your guide if you wish. This is the crafting guide for 11 and 12 star orbs as 10 stars are now available in cash shop. (If you're anything like me, you'll check this anyway, but here are the figures)

11 star Dragon Orb
    Buy 1* 10 star orb
    and 1155* 1 stars
    then craft

231* 2 stars
    97* 3 stars
    37* 4 stars
    17* 5 stars
    6* 6 stars
    3* 7 stars
    2* 8 stars
    1* 9 stars
    1*11 stars

12 star Dragon Orb
    Buy 2* 10 star orb
    and 1905* 1 stars
    then craft

381* 2 stars
    160* 3 stars
    61* 4 stars
    28* 5 stars
    10* 6 stars
    5* 7 stars
    3* 8 stars
    2* 9 stars
    1* 11 stars
    1* 12 stars
  • Isaphet - Heavens Tear
    Isaphet - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Bah, just realised someone already did this too!!! fml.

Anyway, if my figures tie in with the previous ones I'm sure that can be considered verified too :) have fun!
  • Jinemon - Lost City
    Jinemon - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    The first person to get a psotive comment from me on forum. Thank you. Was very helpful. I still hate poor people...
  • Sairish - Dreamweaver
    Sairish - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    Wow!!! tyvm for the guide
    Helped me alot!!! Keep up the Good Work b:thanksb:cute
  • redmouse
    redmouse Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Even though I've had this bookmarked for a few months now and have been using it for about as long, I've never actually said thank you for making this guide.

Thank you very much for this, it has saved a lot of time, money and had I of got it wrong then perhaps even lives!

Awesome work.
  • Ramsies - Heavens Tear
    Ramsies - Heavens Tear Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Your Orb guide is totally awesome and so helpful. I have gone to lvl 7 so far and it is right-on and completely accurate. thanks, and keep up the great work. From an apreciative Co-player
    edited July 2011
    I wish this was updated with the proper way to make 11 star and 12 star. If you follow WarrenWolfy's refining strategy you only use mirages tisha and tienkang for refining from +0 to +7, then you would use dragon orb ocean for +8 through +10.

The only time you should really combine orbs is for +11 and +12 and this guide has bad advice for that since the cost to do it without using Ocean orbs is much higher.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited August 2011
    Asterelle - Sanctuary - Look up six posts above you, no need for me to add it when others already have.

Not once did anyone say that this was how you should refine. Was that mentioned anywhere, no! The purpose of this guide is mainly directed to those in the business of making money.

Buying 1 star orbs in bulk, combining, and reselling for quite a reasonable mark up WAS a lucrative business with ridiculous mark ups. This does not say anything about how to refine. Maybe you should re-read the title before trying to put your two cents where it doesn't belong! The soul purpose was to inform the public so they were not as scared to try to combine orbs and make a fatal mistake of making one two many five stars when trying to make an eight star..... That way the people can save a little money of their own. Or to the investors to profit even better and faster by having a quick reference guide

To all those that have said thanks, my thanks goes out to you in return. I am glad to know that this has paid off for those that choose to use it FOR ITS PURPOSE. Any smart forum participant would clearly be able to deduce that combining all these orbs for use is not a wise investment.... However combining, flipping, and pocketing a few that are needed from your profit is highly intelligent.
    edited August 2011
    Asterelle - Sanctuary - Look up six posts above you, no need for me to add it when others already have.

Not once did anyone say that this was how you should refine. Was that mentioned anywhere, no! The purpose of this guide is mainly directed to those in the business of making money.

Buying 1 star orbs in bulk, combining, and reselling for quite a reasonable mark up WAS a lucrative business with ridiculous mark ups. This does not say anything about how to refine. Maybe you should re-read the title before trying to put your two cents where it doesn't belong! The soul purpose was to inform the public so they were not as scared to try to combine orbs and make a fatal mistake of making one two many five stars when trying to make an eight star..... That way the people can save a little money of their own. Or to the investors to profit even better and faster by having a quick reference guide

To all those that have said thanks, my thanks goes out to you in return. I am glad to know that this has paid off for those that choose to use it FOR ITS PURPOSE. Any smart forum participant would clearly be able to deduce that combining all these orbs for use is not a wise investment.... However combining, flipping, and pocketing a few that are needed from your profit is highly intelligent.

It's best if the useful content of a guide is on page 1 and not buried on page 5. Could you add the steps for how to properly use oceans orbs from this post to the guide? http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=9374442&postcount=39
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I wish this was updated with the proper way to make 11 star and 12 star. If you follow WarrenWolfy's refining strategy you only use mirages tisha and tienkang for refining from +0 to +7, then you would use dragon orb ocean for +8 through +10.

Sorry but I just straight up refuse to tisha to +7. It might save me a few mil but the stress of it probably takes a few years out of my life.
    edited August 2011
    Sorry but I just straight up refuse to tisha to +7. It might save me a few mil but the stress of it probably takes a few years out of my life.

That's how I felt after I tisha'd a few +11's b:chuckle
    I still saved like 30m over like 4 pieces but I don't plan on doing that again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    That's how I felt after I tisha'd a few +11's b:chuckle
    I still saved like 30m over like 4 pieces but I don't plan on doing that again.

I can understand +7 because it takes like over an hour sometimes. but +11 is pretty simple just tisha, 10*, tisha 10*, tisha, 10*, etc.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
    edited August 2011
    I can understand +7 because it takes like over an hour sometimes. but +11 is pretty simple just tisha, 10*, tisha 10*, tisha, 10*, etc.

Well when you have 6 oceans in a row fail you get stressed. I still came out slightly ahead but can't handle losing oceans without getting any closer to +11.

For other stuff I always tisha to +7 or +8 except my R9 bow which I gave up on after 3500 mirages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Well when you have 6 oceans in a row fail you get stressed. I still came out slightly ahead but can't handle losing oceans without getting any closer to +11.

For other stuff I always tisha to +7 or +8 except my R9 bow which I gave up on after 3500 mirages.

I can imagine someone who sucks at math thinking that, but we both know it's +ev so theres no reason to stop. I failed 11 in a row once on my ring but I still kept going and got it lol.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    it's +ev

Say what?
    edited August 2011
    I can imagine someone who sucks at math thinking that, but we both know it's +ev so theres no reason to stop. I failed 11 in a row once on my ring but I still kept going and got it lol.

I'm guessing he's talking about expected value. The expected saving of tisha +11 atm is about 7.5% while the expected saving for tisha +7 is 25%.

It's not a bad gamble but its high risk. Your 11 oceans is almost enough for 2 +11 orbs. I personally tisha'd 3 +11's using 17 oceans but I know others that spent 20 oceans and had only 1 +11. Someone else I knew used 22 oceans and had 11 +11 refines (also has a GoF -int dagger after like 10 tries).

Overall even though I saved a little I wasn't happy with the risk / reward for the +11 tisha.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    but make some +11 orbs is funny as hell and takes a long time (did these for a friend of mine)
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    1 1 1
    2 4 5
    3 10 15
    4 25 40
    5 60 100
    6 130 230
    7 215 445
    8 405 850
    9 750 1600
    10 1370 2970
    11 2525 5495
    12 4645 10140

So to make my +6 orb I need a total of 230 +1 orbs?

I am still having a bit of trouble understanding the guide :-(
    1 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=1 (1 Star) that was simple

2 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=4 (1 Stars)

Combine 4 (1 Stars) to make 1 (2 Star) =4 Orbs used

3 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=10 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=2 (1 Stars), 2 (2 Stars)

Combine 8 (1 Stars) to make 2 (2 Stars) =8 Orbs used
    Then Make 1 (3 Star) =10 Orbs Used

4 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=25 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (1 Star), 1 (2 Star), 2 (3 Stars)

Combine 20 (1 Stars) to make 5 (2 Stars) =20 Orbs used
    Then Make 2 (3 Stars) =24 Orbs Used
    Then Make 1 (4 Star) =25 Orbs Used

5 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=60 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (4 Stars)

Combine 48 (1 Stars) to make 12 (2 Stars) =48 Orbs used
    Then Make 5 (3 Stars) =58 Orbs Used
    Then Make 2 (4 Stars) =60 Orbs Used
    Then Make 1 (5 star)

6 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=130 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (5 Stars)

Combine 104 (1 Stars) to make 26 (2 Stars) =104 Orbs Used
    Then Make 11 (3 Stars) =126 Orbs Used
    Then Make 4 (4 Stars) =130 Orbs used
    Then Make 2 (5 Stars)
    Then Make 1 (6 Star)

So basically these are the orbs I need to make?

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (5 Stars)

So I go to the 3 star guide

Specific Orbs Needed=2 (1 Stars), 2 (2 Stars)

and start here?
  • Vengeance - Lothranis
    Vengeance - Lothranis Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    realy good post was great for me tyvmb b:victory

grtz vengeance