The most efficient way to get the skill books you want?

Options
Ranfa - Dreamweaver
Ranfa - Dreamweaver Posts: 382 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I just wasted 15mil (buying tokens for mysterious pages) trying to get one of three skill books that I wanted and ended up with 3 completely different books (and cheap ones) that I didn't want...do we have to always rely on luck to complete our characters?

I mean sure, I could save up the coins and buy the books I want but sometimes you just can't find what you are looking for (i.e. Demon Fist Mastery) so you could only rely on the luck.

I wouldn't be QQing as much if you could use them right away but they require a good amount of coins and spirit, even if the skill is pretty much worthless. Is there any efficient trick to this? Or does everything have to be about luck in this game? b:worried
Post edited by Ranfa - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Try the book clip.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Teaianna - Sanctuary
    Teaianna - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The most efficient way that I know of is to actually run Eden/Brimhaven. The wine is fairly inexpensive since the mats are easy to get and Eden especially is an easy dungeon to run. I often run Eden with just a barb and myself and split any books we get. Brimhaven is known to drop more books, but tends to be harder to run since there is the AOE mobs towards the end by Fatso. Abomination in Brimhaven is favored to kill because he he known to drop the best books.
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Try the book clip.

Only some of the Mysterious Pages books are included in this, and except for the masteries, it's usually the crapper ones.
    The most efficient way that I know of is to actually run Eden/Brimhaven. The wine is fairly inexpensive since the mats are easy to get and Eden especially is an easy dungeon to run. I often run Eden with just a barb and myself and split any books we get. Brimhaven is known to drop more books, but tends to be harder to run since there is the AOE mobs towards the end by Fatso. Abomination in Brimhaven is favored to kill because he he known to drop the best books.

That's only the first 3 books of each of the 6 original classes...

All in all, my favored way Mysterious pages until you get all the 89 books they offer->book clip from Advanced Mystical Pages-> Old Book Pages to fill in the gaps left by the Mysterious pages and advanced -> Pages of Fate to finish off the skills that none of the previous offer->World Bosses and Summonobot Bosses to get Chrono Pages for your 100 skills

So, run Eden/Brim for the first 3 skillbooks for your class/culti (or buy for 1m or less from AH) then start running rebirths constantly to get old book pages while farming for money for the first two page types, all the while running cube at 90+ to get pages of fate.

End Result profit, all skills completed, level near 101 (if you started doing all this and only this at 90), and a much better understanding of your class than the quick level options available now offer you as well as a greater pressure to improve your gear for rebirth runs.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All in all, my favored way Mysterious pages until you get all the 89 books they offer->book clip from Advanced Mystical Pages-> Old Book Pages to fill in the gaps left by the Mysterious pages and advanced -> Pages of Fate to finish off the skills that none of the previous offer->World Bosses and Summonobot Bosses to get Chrono Pages for your 100 skills

+1
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Eww but I hate cube >_>.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fate on RT got 3 demon vicious arrow skill books in a row, don't complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Seriously.

Try getting your very first Sage skill, and it's flippin' Torrent.
    Furthermore, try thinking "well it can't get worse than this!" and getting a second one, only to get Torrent again.

Still to traumatized to buy another book.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If I get an ectasy or excitement card from the event in like an hour I think I'll buy another random demon barb skill, so far I've bought 2, flesh ream and feral regeneration.

*prays for onslaught*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

Complain? That sounds like good luck to Fuzzy....

Yesterday me trade in pages of fate and get Demon Strength of Titans for 5th time b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bought Focused Mind.

30 Pages of Fate turned in into Headhunt.

Used 20 old book pages got Tackling Slash. Then I bought Shadow Jump.

Then bought the skill book set which gave me all remaining old book skills + Earthen Rift + RSD + CotD.

Shadow Walk a friend got in SoT and gave me <3

Another 30 Pages of Fate turned in -> Tidal Protection

So far I'm doing pretty good I'd say XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I got Knock Back Arrow 5 times in a row - i didn't even open them at the same time. After that i decided to just buy the books i wanted lol

Trying to open books for rare skills like Quick Shoot, Stone barrier, Summer sprint, Hp buff, Fist Mastery etc is kinda like trying to open packs to get a Lunar weapon or Scroll of tome. Very much based on luck and you will normally end up broke with nothing.

Only way of getting the books you want is buying them form others. One thing you can try is to ask lucky people to open for you. Thats how i got Demon Parasite Nova for my veno and HP-buff for my barb on first try - i didn't open them myself b:chuckle.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Complain? That sounds like good luck to Fuzzy....

Yesterday me trade in pages of fate and get Demon Strength of Titans for 5th time b:cry
    I'll trade you my demon frighten for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I never got but one duplicate with my Cleric books (Sage Revive) when I originally began doing the pages from tokens. Was lucky b:cute

Since then I have gotten all the skills and even 5 Sage Soul Degens, 3 Sage amps, 2 Sage purges....

I have also gotten **** skills in trying...I would say if you see a skill at a reasonable price, just buy it. Otherwise you are technically gambling.

It is all based on luck tbh b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if you are trying to get 1 or 2 certain skills then just buy them

but if you dont mind getting others on the way then gambling is for you =)
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Carnica - Heavens Tear
    Carnica - Heavens Tear Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    On Pages of Fate I was either very very lucky or just did the best thing to do!

There are 5 Veno Sage skills available with Fate pages, so I did a daily Cube run and kept saving my Fate pages starting at level 90. By the time I was ready for them I had 150 Pages (1 skill is 30 pages).

I went to the NPC in room 1 of the Cube and traded all 150 pages, bracing myself for 5 copies of Sage Consume Spirit b:cry

BUT!! I got 1 each of all 5! b:victory

On the bad side, using Mysterious Pages I ended up with 3 copies of Frost Scarab!
    [SIGPIC]TY Santacruz![/SIGPIC]

theempire.ucoz.com