Character stores

legion0546
legion0546 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
Cat store spamming in cities causes my computer to lag dramatically. Several of my friends have complained to me about this as well.

We should have a way to block cat stores, much in the way we can set the game to not show other player's names and not see players outside a certain range.

Another solution for this could be to set up a store that would sell items directly out of a character's bank. We could just go to the "store" and identify items for sale and set a price.

This would also allow individuals to see what others are selling the items for and help buyers compare prices to get the best deal.
Post edited by legion0546 on

Comments

• mogwai
    mogwai Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    did u try pushing U in-game? many settings to adjust there
    mmorpg is R'lyehian for: Innumerable quantities of grown babies
    discussing & often complaining about the imaginary.
    [SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1618000&dateline=1316204434[/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ever try the AH? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • BeingHope - Raging Tide
    BeingHope - Raging Tide Posts: 1,869 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:shocked and you think that wouldn't cause massive lag?!

Try AH..... quick, easy, and..... nice to use? b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Hiatus from April 2011
  • legion0546
    legion0546 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have used the AH a few times, and it is great for looking for the hard to find items, but if I am running low on crafting items I hate searching through a ton of cat shops. Something along the lines as the AH would likely benefit everyone.

For that matter, what is the point of the cat store when you could just sell everything through the auction house? You could add an extension to the banker that allows you to add items to the AH, then it has access anywhere.

As for the settings, I have everything set to the lowest possible point. Fights run fine, dungeons and instances all run just fine, but once I hit W. Arch or S. Arch the game starts to lag. It only hits in these areas because there are (almost literally) 1,001 cat shops.
  • /Gohan - Dreamweaver
    /Gohan - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I say delete cat shops and improve AH. Cat shops only cause trouble. Especially when it comes to PVP cause pkers can wait right on the edge of that wall of lag and ambush other players when they are unable to move.

I don't care if they have to make another pack to make up for the cat shop skins, removing cat shops would be the best improvement to the game they can make. I'd even take it over bug fixes.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well,since you run on lowest settings and fights/dungeons work fine,it could also be your computer or internet.My school computers have PWI and they work fine in West Arch even with the outdated computers and slow internet.
  • Amencat - Sanctuary
    Amencat - Sanctuary Posts: 484 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    +1Mil to that!
    Some Rules each PWI Gamer should know
    1. Dont break this rules & no matter what: DONT TRUST ANYONE!
    2. Dont pay wine or heads fee (like to get kicked after that?) b:chuckle
    3. Dont borrow items (since when return gms scammed stuff?) b:embarrass
    4. Dont use your password in faction-forums (like hacks?) b:fatb
    5. Dont give your mats to the tt-banker (obvious, not?) b:beg
    6. Dont wait for help, or heals, or any other miracles,... (for more examples just play pwi and you will hate the whole humanity) b:bye