Cube of Fate?

Oceanism - Archosaur
Oceanism - Archosaur Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
Hi, I recently got a Shadou and he levels too damn slowly. So I heard about something called cube of fate, requiring me to bring a dice to the khatru pup. So I want to know:

1)How do I turn a mirage into a die?

2)What is the level limit for the cube?

3)What do I have to roll to get into this "training room"?

Thanks.
Post edited by Oceanism - Archosaur on

Comments

• KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1.) One of the forges will turn one mirage into 2 dice tickets for you.

2.) You can complete the cube once a day, but you can try for as long as you want without completing/leaving i think

3.) A 3 assuming your talking about mice bashing to train pets
  • Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    inside the cube, theres these pots, at one of them you can exchange 1 mirage for 2 tickets.

when you have your ticket, and the item from the dog npc (get this before you enter the cube) then you can get a dice. when u roll a 3 (im pretty sure) then you can go to room 4 when you click it. its some killing mice room, bunch of tomb stones that your pet (or you, with your fists, or a low lvl bow and arrows) can 1 hit.

you need to be lvl 40

and make sure you take your weapon and armor off, or you will need to pay repairs. you can use magic attack or whack with fists. if you want to use a bow, make sure u buy plenty of arrows and probably 2-3 bows, depending on how long yyou will be there. the bow thing, and whacking thing, usually doesnt work out well for robe users though, but u can still use magic attacks anyways.

just remember, tab button is your friend, and if you want, u can set your pet to attack on a different key on the keyboard to make it a little easier. (press K to configure keys)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just to add one more thing to what has been said.
    Before entering Cube of Fate through the Khatru Pup make sure you get a Duty Badge first.
    You don't necessarily need to make the dice tickets. A lot of people sell them there in Catshops. Make sure you have at least 3-4 tickets with you.

Once you enter and have the duty badge and the tickets talk to the big fat guy in the middle. Go to Quest Related >> Cube of Fate. You will receive a Puzzle Cube. This is the key item of Cube of Fate.
    Talk to him again but this time choose Quest Related >>> Start Challenge. You will receive a Thrown Dice: x
    If it's Thrown Dice: 3 you are lucky. If it's something else you can right click it, go the that room, use town portal and take the challenge again. If you leave Cube of Fate completely you will lose your Puzzle Cube therefore you won't be able to try again until the next day.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I believe you need a duty badge to enter the cube, not just to get the puzzle cube. (You can also use the cube as a cost-free way to Archosaur from the starter cities (except Raging Tide? Don't remember seeing a pup there), Dreamweaver and Thousand Streams (you emerge from the cube near the pup in north-east Arch.))

From the starting room (room 1), you want anything that will add up to 3... a 3, a 2 and a 1 in either order, or three 1s in a row... to get into mice bashing. Neither rooms 2 nor 3 are particularly hard to complete (one's mining some chests, the other is killing a few mobs about your level) so don't be afraid to complete these.

If you go too far, just town portal, die (you don't lose XP) or fail the current room's quest to return to room 1 and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I believe you need a duty badge to enter the cube, not just to get the puzzle cube. (You can also use the cube as a cost-free way to Archosaur from the starter cities (except Raging Tide? Don't remember seeing a pup there),

F

Raging tide has a pup in one of the corners i kept bumping into it when i was exploring down there