Make all-class pets useful!

Options
ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver
ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Suggestion Box
My friend and I were thinking - sure, all-class pets are cute and a fun novelty to have around, but they don't really have any good use. What if there was a place to go where we could have our all-class pets race each other, or we could play some kind of mini-game with our all-class pets? I know we already have races for mounts, but maybe the all-class pet races could be kind of different, in a way. All I know is that this would make them useful and it would make them worth more!

P.S. If you guys have any ideas to contribute, post them! Think of some neat twists for all-class pet races, some way for it to be different than the mount races! Or think of some mini-games we could do with the pets!

[Edit]: Maybe there could be a separate race/mini-game for venomancers' battle pets.
The Dev's could probably come up with a little leveling system for all-class pets. (Sort of makes me think of the Chao races in Sonic)
It would be nice to have pets that pick up drops from the monsters we kill, if that's at all possible. (A friend of mine has problems picking up items sometimes, especially when she's lagging a bit. Also, sometimes items land in a spot we can't reach for whatever reason)
Post edited by ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I read the title I was like: NOPE! Next one please (because I thought this would be about making all-class pets able to attack or something else...)

Well... all-class pets are just for showing off... so... all-class pet race? o.O? Seriously? All all-class pets do have the same speed I think... and what about veno's pets? (if they're allowed, just one word: Kowlin)

Mini-games... with pets. . . b:surrender
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I thought the same as Silvy... I thought this thread was about making all class pets attk'ing pets.. then I thought about.. minigames? nope. like Silvy said the all class pets are the same speed, and they dont really do much
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • ChishioToxic - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    When I read the title I was like: NOPE! Next one please (because I thought this would be about making all-class pets able to attack or something else...)

Well... all-class pets are just for showing off... so... all-class pet race? o.O? Seriously? All all-class pets do have the same speed I think... and what about veno's pets? (if they're allowed, just one word: Kowlin)

Mini-games... with pets. . . b:surrender

I suppose we could have separate races and mini-games for venomancers' battle pets. *Shrug* Anyway, this is just a little idea my friend and I had, that we think would be fun.

Also, if you mean that the Kowlin is really fast, at least there's the fact that the Kowlin is one of those rare monsters that only shows up every 12 hours.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I thought the same as Silvy... I thought this thread was about making all class pets attk'ing pets.. then I thought about.. minigames? nope. like Silvy said the all class pets are the same speed, and they dont really do much

Well, maybe the GMs could find a way for them to have their own little leveling system? For some reason, this is kind of making me think about the Chao racing in Sonic... Hmm..
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    NOO i hate useful pets...

oh ... xD

i guess this is ok D:
    i like potato
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I want a pet that picks up my drops for me
    (or a hamsta who stalks the forums for me)
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options

Now, that is an idea. It'd be pretty cool if pets picked up drops for you!
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    why? you can pick them up your selves... that's just not very useful
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    For lazy people like me, it is useful =D

@hamsta, wow you are really quick T.T
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    why? you can pick them up your selves... that's just not very useful

At the same time, this is very true. It's the lazy man's way out, but at least the little critters would do something. Also, one of my friends has issues picking items up sometimes, especially whenever she's lagging a bit. The last thing she wants is to be late on the draw because of a little lag.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I want a hamsta too o.o.
    But not the stalking forum kind. We all haz one of those.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Of course the venos don't want all class pets to be able to attack. But you venos are overpowered, let's bring you down to size by making all class pets able to pull :)

Stupid overpowered venos and your no-skill class. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Bump. .
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    All-class pets are supposed to be mascots, hence them to be useless besides making people go aww.

A beauty contest, no as they are generic, it's not pokemon.
    A race? no, as pets don't move on their own, unless they are stuck (stupid guards).
    A noise contest? Baby Elysium Fowl would win, but no. Please mute the pheasant instead.

Grab drops? Good idea, but a ground-based AC pet will not be able to help you in the air.
    Air ones would be able to get both ground and air ones, but it's making the epic snow hares be sad.
    As for drops in water, tough luck getting them that way.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~