Demon Archer Skills

Options
Sanctam - Dreamweaver
Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Archer
So I recently went to hell and was pretty excited about this until I started looking at the prices of demon skills in the AH:

Thunderous Blast: 10m for 800 more damage
Stormrage Eagleon: 3m for that one good use that whats-his-face found
Wings of Protection: 13m really?
Winged Blessing: 12m for 1% crit
Winged Shell: 6m
Take Aim: 1m for a slightly better opener.
Serrated Arrow: 3m for the most useless demon skill evar
Winged Pledge: 2m for the second most useless demon skill evar
Knockback Arrow: 3m for a skill that nobody has ever leveled past 2?
Poison Arrow: 2.5m for the third most useless demon skill evar
Quickshot: 30m (worth it)

That's all I saw in the AH, but really? Most skills I see in there are worth LESS than 1m. For heaven's sake (lolpun) sage take aim is only like 500k, and they all RAVE about how pwn it is. So I mean, what gives? I wanted to get a couple demon skills, but it seems like ever the WORST ones are insanely overpriced! Look at friggin serrated and poison!

So I know of the sticky where Asterelle shows how to get the books, but I heard of some other method where you bring materials and get two random books? What is this and how do I do it haha? I just want some skills....

So yeah, is there any other way to obtain these books? I know of running 89 and 99, but to be honest the only thing I can do is some of eden with a 97 veno friend. Soooo yup. How bout that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Sanctam - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Meanpie - Lost City
    Meanpie - Lost City Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thunderous Blast isn't just 800 more damage. It adds an extra 665 damage. It's just the Demon Version adds and additional 800 on top. That makes the damage go from 3354 to 4819 which is pretty significant. Winged Blessing doesn't just give 1% more crit. It also gives 10% more accuracy (which is needed endgame) and 2 more meters range. Quickshot is the only really useful skill there that you listed so if they are all so useless why does it matter how much they cost because you wont be buying them anyway. Really the only skills you need as an archer are Winged Blessing, Bow Mastery, Quickshot, Stunning, and Sharptooth. Though the other skills certainly do help.
    Though I will say those prices seem really high. Most of those are twice what they are going for on LC server (Quickshot being the exception).
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Most of the skills I have I gambled for or bought in AH if I saw cheap.
    Thunderous Blast: 10m for 800 more damage lol they like 1m here; was a pain when I got it gambling with pages -.-
    Stormrage Eagleon: 3m for that one good use that whats-his-face found mine is still lvl 1; don't remember the last time I used it. Even on that bonus boss in nirvana... Rather save the 2 sparks.
    Wings of Protection: 13m really? Um maybe 9m. I gambled mine with OBPs I think.
    Winged Blessing: 12m for 1% crit About 10m here
    Winged Shell: 6m Got for 3m, but saw them cheaper a week after -.-
    Take Aim: 1m for a slightly better opener. Have the book, not bothering to learn
    Serrated Arrow: 3m for the most useless demon skill evar Lol got it when was trying to gamble for barage... waste of 30 pages... But it's about 1m on here
    Winged Pledge: 2m for the second most useless demon skill evar
    Knockback Arrow: 3m for a skill that nobody has ever leveled past 2?
    Poison Arrow: 2.5m for the third most useless demon skill evar
    Quickshot: 30m (worth it) about 20 here

If you think the skills are useless don't bother getting them. I'm only learning lvl 11 those that I constantly use.

The 99 skills you can get with Pages of Fate (Cube), others you can get with converting tokens either into Mystical Pages or Advanced Mystical Pages. Or Old Book pages from Rebirth Delta.

I suggest check AH skill section regularly. Sometimes you get pretty good deals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Teppeii - Dreamweaver
    Teppeii - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,206 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Do some runs with me. I need some books too.b:victory
    On indefinite hiatus :3
  • Badazmofo - Dreamweaver
    Badazmofo - Dreamweaver Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So I recently went to hell and was pretty excited about this until I started looking at the prices of demon skills in the AH:

Thunderous Blast: 10m for 800 more damage 2-3 mil
    Stormrage Eagleon: 3m for that one good use that whats-his-face found not care enough bout the skill to remember
    Wings of Protection: 13m really? 10-11 mil
    Winged Blessing: 12m for 1% crit see above
    Winged Shell: 6m 3-4 mil
    Take Aim: 1m for a slightly better opener.500k or lower got mine for 5k
    Serrated Arrow: 3m for the most useless demon skill evar 1-2.5 mil
    Winged Pledge: 2m for the second most useless demon skill evar 1-1.5 mil
    Knockback Arrow: 3m for a skill that nobody has ever leveled past 2? wont be getting the demon version
    Poison Arrow: 2.5m for the third most useless demon skill evar 1.5-2 mil
    Quickshot: 30m (worth it) 24 mil

That's all I saw in the AH, but really? Most skills I see in there are worth LESS than 1m. For heaven's sake (lolpun) sage take aim is only like 500k, and they all RAVE about how pwn it is. So I mean, what gives? I wanted to get a couple demon skills, but it seems like ever the WORST ones are insanely overpriced! Look at friggin serrated and poison!

So I know of the sticky where Asterelle shows how to get the books, but I heard of some other method where you bring materials and get two random books? What is this and how do I do it haha? I just want some skills....

So yeah, is there any other way to obtain these books? I know of running 89 and 99, but to be honest the only thing I can do is some of eden with a 97 veno friend. Soooo yup. How bout that.

just updated your prices based on what ive seen the general price for over the past couple weeks and a does anyone know the general price to gamble for a book on DW?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Serrated Arrow - Lol got it when was trying to gamble for barage... waste of 30 pages... But it's about 1m on here

If you were attempting to get barrage and got serrated arrow you were doing something very wrong. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you were attempting to get barrage and got serrated arrow you were doing something very wrong. b:chuckle

b:quiet Haven't gambled for skills in a while b:surrender I just remember I kept getting seperated a lot b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So how do you gamble for pages then? That seems like it might be a bit easier...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So how do you gamble for pages then? That seems like it might be a bit easier...

http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/18235 (from cube of fate/delta?..not sure)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/items/19004 (from cube of fate)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/19148 (made from token, needs 450 token for 1 book, you can get a whole set with this kind of page)
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/18186 (made from token, needs 450 token for 1 book)

click on your demon archer books to see which skills you can get.

Sage skills are so cheap because there are more demon archers than sage archers.
    Also, you missed out stunning shot for demon archers which can cost up to 10mil.

Edit: Please do not farm fb 99 for skills... there is only one boss dropping skill books in there, and he can drop any lvl92(?) skill books for any class....
    And there are the standard 3 books in fb89(sage/demon) which are normally cheap(should have alot in AH).
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oooo thanks lylfo! So basically, I would need to get 450 tokens to do it lol. I think I'll try...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Don't gamble for it. Buy it.
    The only skills you need as a demon archer is quickshot anyway =/
    Everything else is a luxury.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not really.. 1st skill i bought was blazing arrow for 1 million...... then the next day i saw that for 50k i wasnt taht happy that i had it >.> but it increases dmg significantly.. 2nd skill i got was frost arrow - totally useless but sometimes saves if have almost no chi and need to escape, but i no longer use it (11 version hits alot more like 2x extra dmg), 3rd skill was knockback - got it for pwe and its awesome - for pwe. can hit more in general, and it knocks back, and it gives additional chi that i need b:cute dont have any other skills cos im broke. but 11 lvl skills give alot more additional dmg then 10 lvl skills, so depend on what you use

p.s. yep i got demon bow mastery too forgot to add - increased basic dmg and thats also very good even tho this dmg is like 5-10% difference, but i cant see 1 additional crit % ;/
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Don't gamble for it. Buy it.
    The only skills you need as a demon archer is quickshot anyway =/
    Everything else is a luxury.

Nah, it depends on how lucky Sanctam is. A cleric who gambles for books, got 3 or 4 rezzes, sold them all to pay for her other stuff.

If you cannot stand gambling for books, the book that can be traded in as a set might be a good starting point for you. But I don't know how many skills in there which is useful =/
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LegendofLove - Lost City
    LegendofLove - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    uh PC on demon Aim Low on Lost City plz
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    not really.. 1st skill i bought was blazing arrow for 1 million...... then the next day i saw that for 50k i wasnt taht happy that i had it >.> but it increases dmg significantly.. 2nd skill i got was frost arrow - totally useless but sometimes saves if have almost no chi and need to escape, but i no longer use it (11 version hits alot more like 2x extra dmg), 3rd skill was knockback - got it for pwe and its awesome - for pwe. can hit more in general, and it knocks back, and it gives additional chi that i need b:cute dont have any other skills cos im broke. but 11 lvl skills give alot more additional dmg then 10 lvl skills, so depend on what you use

p.s. yep i got demon bow mastery too forgot to add - increased basic dmg and thats also very good even tho this dmg is like 5-10% difference, but i cant see 1 additional crit % ;/

U bought 1m Blazing arrow ???? ok i can fully understand ur feeling . It's always wise to check prices before u buy skills. As for demon skills , Mastery , quickshot , take aim , stun arrow , winged blessing and knockback are the ones i want , as Islamey said , others are a luxury
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh
    edited July 2010
    Options
    >:O guinevir you want wingspan also
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well erm yes demon wingspan is good for a quick nice escape but i prefer casting my lvl 10 winged shell than relying on the weak lvl 5 one , so w/e
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    edited July 2010
    Options
    lvl 5 wingshell that doesnt cost chi and can be cast multipule times before lvl 10 does is quite handy the lvl 10 one will get poped in 1 shot anyway so you can basicly wingspan (lvl 5 wing shell)>lvl 10 wingshell>wingspan (lvl 5 wingshell) if your in a pinch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well yes that's a good strategy for wingspan, still though it wouldn't been my first priority for a demon skill. However that doesnt mean at all that i dont plan to take it some day :)
    Proud Male Venomancer <
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Take aim and knockback? Interesting...the only ones I want are quickshot and wingspan. Those two seem kind of useless...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Take aim and knockback? Interesting...the only ones I want are quickshot and wingspan. Those two seem kind of useless...

Take aim is a favourite of mine , and cheap here on HT , so why not ???? Knockback i want demon to find an excuse to use it again since i forgot i have it on my skill bar lately xD
    Proud Male Venomancer <
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Demon knockback is pretty good. It gives chi which you use to feed demon spark. Nowadays I mostly use knockback arrow to push nein mobs away from mellee classes :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Demon knockback is pretty good. It gives chi which you use to feed demon spark. Nowadays I mostly use knockback arrow to push nein mobs away from mellee classes :)

exactly , and using frost arrow to grind or winged shell to protect myself in Dungeons i find myself in need of chi sometimes , and i still train my genie for Cloud eruption ;)
    Proud Male Venomancer <