Assassin Sucks

Comments

• Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Assassins be fine, in fact they be ridiculously good at surviving.
    The problem be that YOU suck.
    b:surrender
    sowwys, tis true.

^ Approved by a lvl 100 assassin

LOL
    but then again like everyone else said lvl 3x is nothing, lvl 59+ is where you get most of your most useful skills for building chi & having literally endless 2x sparks to where you will out DD every & any other class in the game =)
    & bloodpaint + endless 2x spark = great hp recovery, therefore you wouldn't need to pot much or at all during quests or w/e you're doing
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    End of. I have a lvl 23 barb nd the only thing he can do is miss. MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS. A wise barb once told me, either way for a barb, a battle never ends before 5 minutes. Oh how true. Barb is basically an axes BM with no misty and... no axes. Everyone says "oh yeah, Barb pwnz." NO effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodbath, everythings all better". I saw a Barb buffing bloodbath once, nd he still missed. How useful. BTW i'm talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how barbs r amazng at tanking PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a barb lvl up much or anything like that if you keep on missing.

ROFL

good comeback

b:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *tilts head*

Whats an assassin?

*Knife*

X.X

oh.
  • DarkVix - Raging Tide
    DarkVix - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if ur barb was missing that often u really shouldve put a tad bit more dex into ur build ( i prefer 3/1/1 over 3/1/1-4/1)...my barb when he was 3X still missed more then i liked but it wasnt that bad and with cleric buffs i never even saw my health drain

back on subject: sins remind me of BM's and really do shine more the later in game u get...some classes simply take patience to play if u want a immediate **** class then i suggest veno/psy for early level pve pwning or archer for mid level pve pwning

the rest take time but each has their good points
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    End of. I have a lvl 23 barb nd the only thing he can do is miss. MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS. A wise barb once told me, either way for a barb, a battle never ends before 5 minutes. Oh how true. Barb is basically an axes BM with no misty and... no axes. Everyone says "oh yeah, Barb pwnz." NO effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodbath, everythings all better". I saw a Barb buffing bloodbath once, nd he still missed. How useful. BTW i'm talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how barbs r amazng at tanking PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a barb lvl up much or anything like that if you keep on missing.

barb in pve rarly miss example at 90, i got a 91 barb and only with 75dex rest vit and str for weapon. i never use bloodbath in pve (ok at lv77 got a 50% acc ring but thats all).
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if ur barb was missing that often u really shouldve put a tad bit more dex into ur build ( i prefer 3/1/1 over 3/1/1-4/1)...my barb when he was 3X still missed more then i liked but it wasnt that bad and with cleric buffs i never even saw my health drain
    barb in pve rarly miss example at 90, i got a 91 barb and only with 75dex rest vit and str for weapon. i never use bloodbath in pve (ok at lv77 got a 50% acc ring but thats all).
    And this, folks, is a prime example of how to be too stupid/ignorant/serious to see an obvious point flying above your heads.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Read below.
    truekossy wrote: »
    And this, folks, is a prime example of how to be too stupid/ignorant/serious to see an obvious point flying above your heads.

Unfortunately, things like that happen quite often on these forums. You'd think that the fact that he quoted OP's post and followed the exact same format (with a few words here and there changed to apply to barbs) would be one hell of a clue.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010
    Unfortunately, things like that happen quite often on these forums. You'd think that the fact that he quoted OP's post and followed the exact same format (with a few words here and there changed to apply to barbs) would be one hell of a clue.

You'd think so. When I saw it, I laughed in approval.

Then I came back and saw the responses. Are people really just this stupid or ignorant nowadays?
    edited July 2010
    Are people really just this stupid or ignorant nowadays?

Not really. It's just that common sense is somewhat lacking (intelligence does not correlate to possession of common sense). It makes phrases such as '/sarcasm' necessary when posting on an open forum since subtle, strong, and obvious hints don't work.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well sir if you think assassins suck in pve that's just too bad.

I personally think they are the sex in pve with rising dragon, tackling, and inner harmony
    cause you can just heal with demon/sage spark, and suck more hp with the increased attack you get from it

b:victory booyaa.
  • raely
    raely Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You could have just told him to use Life Powder.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I personally think they are the sex in pve

You are just making that phrase up aren't you...?
  • XReD_RuMx - Heavens Tear
    XReD_RuMx - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sins are a great class, only times i really died was when i was drunk or wasn't paying attention to my hp. try sticking with it through more lvls before you decide. shadow teleport + headhunt = pwnedb:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Dorset
    Lvl 70 Mermaid Ninja (retiredb:cry)
    Still madly in love with Nekhbetb:dirty
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010

obvious point? not really everybody who read the thread is experienced in pw, easily can think (example) barb miss allways and dont think barb could be nice in aoe grind later or also can get 5-6k accurancy with different build and can use fist with higher hp from refines and solo few boss with interval gear.
    (its isnt sin vs barb post, but few class will be better in time (barb, archer), few allways was good (psy, wizz)).
    Your barb ever low on chi?
    not really if i do aoe ty to Beastial Rage XD but annoying the melee range and only 1 skill is ranged, and only zerk+crit,3rd spark+crit, armageddon hurt, autoattack or simple skill spam dont really deadly and no stun lock.
    instead this sin got less hp, def but more deadly and suprise attack the biggest advantage in sin with crit+dmg.
  • Amarante - Raging Tide
    Amarante - Raging Tide Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Level your fish. It gets better after the initial squishiness. Barbs have their initial miss-fest too :D

Just know: Out of all the classes, sins got chi. We have a lot of chi. Our skills reek of chi. We bleed chi. We pee it. Your barb ever low on chi? Be a sin and get it past level 80. Then you too, can have chi orgies anytime, anywhere; standing still, in the air, in the bedroom, or simply standing still in the air in the bedroom.
    b:dirty
  • HydroSIN - Heavens Tear
    HydroSIN - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Assasins are speed killers, the faster you can put crit damage in, the better you'll get.
    b:angry HydroSin level 59 Assasin b:angry
    b:shocked Trogdagon level 32 Barbarian b:shocked
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    obvious point? not really everybody who read the thread is experienced in pw, easily can think (example) barb miss allways and dont think barb could be nice in aoe grind later or also can get 5-6k accurancy with different build and can use fist with higher hp from refines and solo few boss with interval gear.
    (its isnt sin vs barb post, but few class will be better in time (barb, archer), few allways was good (psy, wizz)).

not really if i do aoe ty to Beastial Rage XD but annoying the melee range and only 1 skill is ranged, and only zerk+crit,3rd spark+crit, armageddon hurt, autoattack or simple skill spam dont really deadly and no stun lock.
    instead this sin got less hp, def but more deadly and suprise attack the biggest advantage in sin with crit+dmg.

Oh wow... I just don't... wow. What is this I don't even... He was talking about you two... *face palm*.
    edited July 2010

b:sweat

This is OP's post:
    End of. I have a lvl 33 sin nd the only thing he can do is die. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. A wise sin once told me, either way for an assassin, a battle never lasts longer than 15 seconds. Oh how true. Assassin is basically a hand to hand cleric. Everyone says "oh yeah, assassin is the best class ever." No effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodpaint, everythings all better." my sin once got buffed with bloodpaint, nd he only recovered 5 hp per attack. How useful. BTW im talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how sins r amazing at PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a sin lvl up much or anything like that.

Tell me what u guys think.

Here's Okeano's post:

Here's my post:
    You'd think that the fact that he quoted OP's post and followed the exact same format (with a few words here and there changed to apply to barbs) would be one hell of a clue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • truekossy
    edited July 2010

ufw.jpg
  • Shark_attack - Dreamweaver
    Shark_attack - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if your complaning because your sin is squishy do wat i do put some vit instead of dex and str so ur not sooo squishy its not the sin its u
  • Shark_attack - Dreamweaver
    Shark_attack - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    if your complaning because ur sin is squishy do what i do put in some vit not just dex nad str so ur not soo squishy and sometimes bloodpaints help i think b:laugh
  • Tideywidey - Dreamweaver
    Tideywidey - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    my sin is lvl 51 and through the 30's i hardly ever died with my macro i used. and sins arent supposed to be tough but they are supposed to be evasive so about 60-80 is when they really do good soloing
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You are just making that phrase up aren't you...?

uh sure, lets put it that way.
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ya know the ops main is a barb, and when I made my first sin it was all DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!
    Later I found out I was playing my sin like a bm, imagine how much worse Id be if I was playing him like a real tank?
  • Sheikah - Raging Tide
    Sheikah - Raging Tide Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ya know the ops main is a barb, and when I made my first sin it was all DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!
    Later I found out I was playing my sin like a bm, imagine how much worse Id be if I was playing him like a real tank?

When I came to Raging Tide I Started lvling a barb then because I couldn't stand not trying out my assassin I started lvling my assassin and I had no problem adapting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrHook - Lost City
    DrHook - Lost City Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My point is if he doesn't adapt his play-style he will fail, just like I did at first.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Exactly. He went from the most tanking class to the least.
  • KAPPOW - Dreamweaver
    KAPPOW - Dreamweaver Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The funny thing is i tanked Drake Glut and Ofo today in my BH i dont have a charm and there was 1 cleric the same level - i also have pure dex build. Make sure you have good armor or you sin will be taking alot of DAMAGE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ok so, after 2.5 days of playing an Assassin and getting to 32, here's what I found out:

1. Sins take a lot of damage
    Well, isn't that obvious, since they are LA and melee range.

2. Sins need lots of potting
    Well, pure dex, LA and melee range kinda does that.

3. Sins use more mana than Archers
    Well, considering that Archers use about 2 skills at all, this is no wonder. And besides, most of the sin skills are actually pretty epic.

4. Sins have bucketloads of chi
    Well, high attacks/second rate with low chi usage for now, so I was expecting this. I'm also expecting it to be even more ridiculous in the future with skills like Inner Harmony and Rising Dragon Strike.

5. Life Powder is epic
    This is so very, very true.

And yes, considering that I got my sin to level 32 without much effort in 2.5 days, I'd say the opinion of a level 30er isn't really meaningful.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    2. Sins need lots of potting
    Well, pure dex, LA and melee range kinda does that.

For lower levels,yes. But you'll hardly need pots at all later on. At this level, I walk around with like 5 level 60 MP pots if I'm doing PvE.