Is an endgame PvE archer any good?

Options
gammazare
gammazare Posts: 54 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Archer
Ive heard that endgame archers for pvp arent very good compared to other classes, is this the same for PVE?
Post edited by gammazare on

Comments

• Arog - Dreamweaver
    Arog - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hello,

I am a pure PvE archer with a full dex build and some half- good gear.
    Ive always found PvE very enjoyable with the Archer class especially in the higher levels.
    If you plan to fight regular mobs your lvl or a few levels higher than you you will not face any problems with some HP-sharded gear. Currently I fight in the desert where the mobs are lvl 100+ so I fight those around my level and I never had any problems.

There are some things you should consider though. You will need pots most likely and you will have repair costs. So should you simply aim to go PvE because of money you wont find yourself happy. If you take the DQ and the coin drops alone you should be able to cover the repair costs and the potions but you wont make any win. Possible armor drops might bring you some coin but they arent even worth to be considered actually. The new encyclopedia can help you though. Check the mobs around your lvl and look which drop crafting mats that are worth some coin. By that you can make a win but I promise you it wont be big.

PvE is worthless exp wise too.

Unless you simply enjoy killing and only killing for the fun of it (like I do) you should not bother PvEing as it will bore you to death very fast since there is no big gain.

Should you still want to PvE ok fine. It is fun if you like to kill mobs. To do so there are many useful skills and it depends on preferances but I would advise to max Knockback Arrow, Frost Arrow and Stunning Arrow as those can be extremely useful.
    Others I talked to do also prefer Aim low. Buffs should be maxed too and I recommend going demon even as PvE because I simply think the spark is better (again personal opinion, do as you like).

To the gear it is to say that for PvE you wont need as "awesome" gear as the PvPers do but without good gear it wont be fun. Use at least legendarys or if you like them better TTs. I work with a mixture of both to improove certain areas of my archer I like in PvE.
    You can play around a little and test that. I also recommend HP shards.

Last is the bow. As distance class we kill before it kills us so it is obvious that the weapon should be the best you can afford with your money to kill the enemy fast. Obvious as I said.

Maybe this answer is longer than you wanted it so let me cut it short.

- Archers are fun in PvE at higher lvls even with "half- good" gear

- PvE in general should only be considered if you really enjoy the fun of killing monsters as the gain will be low

- end game = boring and PvE is not really a solution at times

- others will most likely laugh at you

- there will still be classes killing better, get used to it or play another class

Now I wish you a nice day and if you really read all of it I hope it was a help.
    Have fun playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Actually, Maxing Knockback arrow is a BAD idea. All you get from maxing knockback, is a bit more damage for a much higher MP cost. The entire use of Knockback is as a knockback, not as damage. Knockback 10 adds about 1.5K more damage for quadruple the cost in MP.

For PvE I generally use : Winged Shell>TakeAim>Normal attack until close>Knockback>Normal Attack (sometime stunning).
    Generally I take little damage, and I don't use (many) MP pots, as Winged Shell 10 regens more MP then Take Aim 10 and Knockback 1. Also, I gain more Chi from the combo then Winged Shell costs.

Blazing Arrow/Winged Blessing/Bow Mastery should be maxed, and Winged Shell maxed really helps.
  • Arog - Dreamweaver
    Arog - Dreamweaver Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    As i said the fighting style differs from Archer to Archer.
    I strongly recommend to find one that you like to work with as for PvE in this game it is important that you feel good with it.

I have a maxed knockback because I learnt demon knockback for the chance to gain extra chi for sparks which I really enjoy even though the MP costs are indeed high.
    Besides of that I barely ever use Knockback if I dont need chi because nothing gets that close :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Archer is,
    always good in pvp, starting in low lvls, and idk those archers i see aint bad in high lvl...

pve wise
    one of the most powerful DDs, (low and high lvls)

they own in TW - superior range, high damage + aoe
    (this made a 101wizard i know, who rolled a sin to 100, reroll as archer now xD)

=
    PVE lowlvl +1
    PVE hi (5aps claws) +1
    PVP +1
    TW +1
    for low lvls and high lvls :O

when a wizards starts pvp at 90
    and will never be good in pve

assasin is #1 pvp class but archer is way more useful in TW
    and PVE is good for both, but who will take a fish to rb when u can have a archer?

yes im a wizard i know what im talking bout, archer ! :P
    i like potato
  • Amplius - Lost City
    Amplius - Lost City Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Thanks for everyones response and tips
    Now I have a good Idea of how archers will be endgame