Magmites?

darkage
darkage Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
Volcanic Magmite or Crystalline Magmite?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Up to you. Volcanic I believe comes with a higher lvl bash and the Crystalline one has an extra skill. Or vice versa. It's been too long since I used my magmite.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sable minkii

>.>

Wut
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They have little difference in stats. I know the Volcanic comes with tough so I'd say to get the Volcanic one to save you from buying Tough Skill for your pet.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • darkage
    edited July 2010
    Hm... How about Glacier Walker?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The glacial walker has replaced the magmites as the prefered tank pet. Not only are its stats range from marginally worse to a fair bit better, but it comes with better skills (icicle, roar and tough, all level 2.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Crystalline starts at 17, Volcanic starts at 18. In the end, the Crystalline will have a tiny stat advantage --- for example, he has 3 more HP at lvl 90, and additional 10 pdef and 6 more attack :-) I've tried to point that out to the bosses after they slam my Crystalline into the ground, but I don't even get half a sentence out before I'm back in town.

Ecatomb doesn't list the skills, though.
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010

no, but the wiki does.

wish the wiki hotlinked the pet names in that list to some useful pet descriptions. maybe i'll work on that if and when i get a couple hours free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Crystalline starts at 17, Volcanic starts at 18. In the end, the Crystalline will have a tiny stat advantage --- for example, he has 3 more HP at lvl 90, and additional 10 pdef and 6 more attack :-) I've tried to point that out to the bosses after they slam my Crystalline into the ground, but I don't even get half a sentence out before I'm back in town.

What percent advantage does the 3 more HP make? Now what percent advantage does it's speed decrease cost? Oh wait, neither of these pets is worth using. -Seriously: levels can come daily into mid 70's without oracles, esotericas, xp stones, or dailies. The Dark Wanderer has a speed advantage, comparable pdef and unparalleled unskilled dps. It's also not made obsolete by a Herc.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    darkage wrote: »
    Hm... How about Glacier Walker?

Yes the Glacial Walker is indeed better and it looks cooler in my opinion, or i'm just tired of seeing magmites everywhere b:chuckle Go for a Glacial unless you like the Magmite's looks more.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • darkage
    edited July 2010
    thanks for the reply guys. I guess I'm going to get glacier walker.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I got it(Glacial Walker) yesterday on my veno. And let me tell you right now, I was determined to tame that sucker. Although first I had to grind up to the level that I'm able to tame it. heh

Not a bad pet at all ;3
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • goat111
    goat111 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the Glacial Walker is almost a herc without the reflect skill it has great defence great hp and it hits hard i have mine and im level 42 and loveing ym glacial i can AOE grind on 3-4 mobs currently with its tough skills b:bye