Cleric AoE Grind for Money

Options
Aelric - Lost City
Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Cleric
I know there are probably other threads about this, but I can't seem to find any. I am wondering where a good place for solo AoE cleric grind would be, and I want to do this for money, not experience. So please redirect me to the appropriate threads, or comment here :) Thanks!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
-Dr. Seuss
b:victory
Post edited by Aelric - Lost City on

Comments

• Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You will find as a cleric it gets really expensive to try to get money this way. Expenses seem to be equal to earnings when grinding...

Lets say you go to lake of WOE to kill moths, lvl 80ish wood mobs, if you aoe grind them you will be getting a repair bill of 80k+ when making about 100k-120k~ if you kill fast enough, not to mention the potions it consumes. So you will end up with about 20k profit out of your grinding or so, I rather use my veno for this kind of grinding.

That, or zhen with some BM, less repairs, only potion consume costs and you end up with somewhat a bit more coins.
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=252792

good luck

best pick toxic mobs, lower repair bill and easier to grind on your own.
    Best at your level is to grind with someone else, the faster they drop the lower the mana cost and damage. Player around your level with AOE's maxed, any class will do, but you need some trust both ways.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Look up replies to Nelae's post and find Kott's movie :) thats how i learned to pull many mobs - at first i tried to gether them on foot and it didnt work at all :(
    most cost-efficient is aoe on poisons because of elemental advantage
    second best is any other dots - low repair cost and dot doesnt hit you bad so you can hold more mobs and heal less than with direct damages
    third option: wood, direct magic damage mobs - like mothrans. can be done but you use way too much mana to heal and can hold maybe 7-8 safely, when poisons you can have over 20 at once when you get your timing right
    other direct mag mobs - i dont really recommend solo aoe grinding on them, mana and repairs will cost more than you earn (unless its 2*drop)

grinding partners:
    1) bm - they love us and we love them. with poisons well timed aoe stun and hf means you can one hit whole group with tempest :D. and you can assist their aoe grind too, with your heals and assist attack they can gather (and survive) more mobs and kill them faster so you will be welcome to squad anytime
    2) any other class. yes, drops are split so you lose some money that way, but anyone who helps you kill faster lowers your costs a LOT
    3) classic zhen party (does anyone still do that?) cleric + wiz and/or archer + barb to gather mobs and pick up drops

what to solo aoe grind on: at your level petallis, when you reach 80 move to malicious cadevils near 1k.
    for squad aoe grind: who you squad with can make a lot of difference, i dont aoe grind much because of time, but at 70s pirates with bm and wizzy were fun, at 80s cadevils with bm looked awesome (though i died 3 times before we got timing right lol), and with my bm husband i did a lot of crusades on nivastock shieldbearers (what can i say? he liked aoeing them :P he goes nuts when he has to stand and wait till i gather a group of magic mobs as it takes very very long compared to his quick dashes on cloudsprint...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hmm well see I stopped getting drops off of the orchid petalis it seemed like, so I went ahead to the Malicious Cadevils and got some drops, but I was using two pots (the ones from tokens lol, forgot the name) per pull of 10, so that was about 1.8k spent on pots, and I didn't grind long enough to get a repair bill, but I believe after stopping to go do an FB after 10 pulls I had made like 30k ish and spent around 18k, and right now its the 2x event on LC with double drops and double exp and double sp... got 1k exp per kill which was fun lol, but if drops are that bad, then I will be losing money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Flying_Flash - Sanctuary
    Flying_Flash - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    At your level the celestial hexocs work really nice next to Sanctuary. There are quite a few of them right across one of the bridges to the east. You can gather about 12-14 at a time. They're level 73 too so you should get decent drops from them still

I'll warn ya though, their poison seems to spike at times so start off with a few and work your way up until you're comfortable.

It's a nice area though between the Orchid Petalli and Malicious Cadevils
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    At your level the celestial hexocs work really nice next to Sanctuary. There are quite a few of them right across one of the bridges to the east. You can gather about 12-14 at a time. They're level 73 too so you should get decent drops from them still

I'll warn ya though, their poison seems to spike at times so start off with a few and work your way up until you're comfortable.

It's a nice area though between the Orchid Petalli and Malicious Cadevils

thanks! ill have to go check them out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have just finished one hour solo aoe grind on spiders at avalanche canyon and made:

~150k exp
    ~350k coin

Without 2x/3x exp/2x drops on/eso/hyper stones etc.

You will find as a cleric it gets really expensive to try to get money this way. Expenses seem to be equal to earnings when grinding...

Lets say you go to lake of WOE to kill moths, lvl 80ish wood mobs, if you aoe grind them you will be getting a repair bill of 80k+ when making about 100k-120k~ if you kill fast enough, not to mention the potions it consumes. So you will end up with about 20k profit out of your grinding or so, I rather use my veno for this kind of grinding.

That, or zhen with some BM, less repairs, only potion consume costs and you end up with somewhat a bit more coins.

I think you are talking about bms aoe grinding? Poison doesnt dmg armor at all.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I have just finished one hour solo aoe grind on spiders at avalanche canyon and made:

~150k exp
    ~350k coin

Without 2x/3x exp/2x drops on/eso/hyper stones etc.

I think you are talking about bms aoe grinding? Poison doesnt dmg armor at all.

see thats not bad, but im not high enough to kill those :P

(and the hexocs are horrible, not close enough together to get large groups, and I only get 1 element crystal (worth 2k) to drop out of 15 mobs and it took 2 seperate pulls to get all 15)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Torsay - Sanctuary
    Torsay - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    see thats not bad, but im not high enough to kill those :P

(and the hexocs are horrible, not close enough together to get large groups, and I only get 1 element crystal (worth 2k) to drop out of 15 mobs and it took 2 seperate pulls to get all 15)

I think you are late to start making money on hexocs at level 76. Maybe if you get 10k+ wood resist and wait till 2x drops is on then you can do well there.

Might just want to level up to 83 and try making money on malicious cadevils. If you get good enough weapon their mp drain isnt too bad. Well with jones blessing it should be easy. But to grind effectivelly on those you will need around 14k+ wood resist.
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I think you are late to start making money on hexocs at level 76. Maybe if you get 10k+ wood resist and wait till 2x drops is on then you can do well there.

Might just want to level up to 83 and try making money on malicious cadevils. If you get good enough weapon their mp drain isnt too bad. Well with jones blessing it should be easy. But to grind effectivelly on those you will need around 14k+ wood resist.

okay, thanks b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss