[TT 2-2 & 2-3 Major Bug] Soulripper doesn't appear.

Wolfanger - Harshlands
Wolfanger - Harshlands Posts: 10 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Support Desk
Good evening,

For some weeks, there is a major issue in the TT 2-2/2-3. In fact, it happens that Soulripper doesn't appear. We remove the Seal from the pillar, and the boss doesn't come even 10-30 minutes later, with a complete squad. It's a waste of time and substances for players, who are motivated to do TTs and get their materials. This matter has already been encounted by many players.

Moreover, when there is no possibility to kill Soulripper, we can't access to Astralwalker in the 2-2/2-3, and Ancient Devil in 2-3 (because of the door!). How to get Dust of Stars, Ancient Devil's Soul, or another mats without any matter?

I post this thread to find a solution. We're waiting for a fix, a patch to delete that bug.

Thank you for your interest in this problem.

Kind regards.
Post edited by Wolfanger - Harshlands on

Comments

• Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The only time this has been a problem for me is when you attack the invisible mob thing right next to the pillar by tabbing to it. I actually tested it, when I attacked it for chi, he doesn't appear. When I chill and wait for 5 minutes, he does. Maybe that's what's happening?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dameon42
    dameon42 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    thats exactly what causes it. that issue crept up months ago, like a long time. most people know by now, dont touch the invisible target near the pillar and everything will be fine. that also means when getting chi bms dont use cyclone on the pillar, aoe will hit that spot and glitch it.
  • Wolfanger - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    So I don't see the relation to the boss, there is still a big bug somewhere, and it's very annoying.

I mean maybe that what are you telling is true (even if I can't remember if we hit the invisible target before removing the Seal), but it's so strange that the fact of hitting this one could stop the boss to appear...
  • Sanctam - Dreamweaver
    Sanctam - Dreamweaver Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The invisible mobs throughout dungeons serve as markers to boss spawns and other stuff. I guess what happens with this one is that you interrupt the 5 minute or so timer to spawn the boss, so it never happens.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    What was said above...DO NOT attack that invisible mob/marker or whatever....no no bad idea....

People never believe until they do it and I /facepalm. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have been told that attacking the non-invisible monsters until just before he appears will also stop him from showing up. I have not tested this for myself, however.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm sure this was probably never a common issue until they introduced the tab target switching since I don't think its possible to target it manually even if you did click in the right spot. The only exception I can think is if someone in PK mode/on a PvP server was to use AoE on the quest pillar and that hit the invisible "thing".

so its probably something thats always been a "possibility" of happening yet was not so common prior to tab targetting that allowed non-pk players to whack stuff for chi. if that invisible "thing" is somehow a trigger for the boss to appear, it would be beneficial for developers to move it to somewhere like the ceiling. or make those things untargetable period. People can always fist fight in duels for chi like the days of yore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just to be safe, don't even attack the pillar for chi.

I think there was one run when someone attacked the pillar, don't think anyone attacked the invisible mobs, and the boss didn't spawn.

Having said that as a means to avoid not spawning the boss. Is it right that hitting said "invisible" mob or pillar should cause this? Probably ought to be fixed but in my opinion, not the highest of priority as it is avoidable.

Regards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dameon42
    dameon42 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    neh i can say with 100% assurance that the pillar is safe, only when you hit that invisible marker, immune to damage thing does it bug. avoid touching that and your run will never glitch.
  • Wolfanger - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Hi,

I'm in accord with Baalbak, it would be better to make these markers untargetable. I think there are a lot of players who don't know this issue. If I didn't come on the forum, prolly that I didn't know how to avoid this.