I'm a lvl56 cleric but thinking of lvl'ing up another character?

vengefulfury
vengefulfury Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Wizard
Well i'd like to be able to alternate between 2 main characters. One of them being my cleric and the other being, well not sure yet.

What is a good class if you like to use magic PLUS attacking? I'm thinking of maybe being a wizard or a Tideborn but i haven't really seen much request for Tideborns when it comes to BH's.

Is it worth having a wizard as a second character are they good DD's or should i choose another? My assassin is higher lvl than my wizard so i dunno really..
Post edited by vengefulfury on

Comments

• vengefulfury
    edited July 2010
    Well i'd like to be able to alternate between 2 main characters. One of them being my cleric and the other being, well not sure yet.

What is a good class if you like to use magic PLUS attacking? I'm thinking of maybe being a wizard or a Tideborn but i haven't really seen much request for Tideborns when it comes to BH's.

Is it worth having a wizard as a second character are they good DD's or should i choose another? My assassin is higher lvl than my wizard so i dunno really..

I want something that is going to have cool magic skills but also be able to DD. Is wizard right for me?
  • fulgida
    fulgida Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I play two characters, but now that I have reached high levels I am finding that I do not really have enough time for both.

So now I play one character mostly and the other one only occasionally.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It is really up to you most choose Veno for the easy money making hey can make.Wizards can get into parties as easy as a Cleric.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well, short description:

veno - useless, unless you love animals and want to have them ingame
    barb - meh...like to stay there and be hit?
    wizard - EXPENSIVE
    Psy - wanna be different?
    cleric - heal/buff slave

and now the real stuff:
    Archer - expensive to build. if you don't go for claw/fists for 5 aps you're wasting your time. Being LA needs a lot of refines to be able to tank anything.
    BM - harder to get to 5aps, but permaspark is attainable with a bit of work. From there 5 aps is easily within reach. LA/HA mixed build gives pre 99 a very good def balance (marrows help). Takes a bit of work, but endgame is kinda' squishy to magic classes.
    Sin - king of all. As expensive as Archer to raise his defenses, but the best DPSer in game by a mile. 4 aps is a breeze to reach. Has a lot of survival/avoid death skills, and as his damage raises the autoheal from bloodpaint can be significant. This gives him an edge to archer that has basically no auto heals , making Sin probably 2nd place pre 99 in tanking/solo farming.

chose whatever you like

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'd suggest that you try out those classes you've mentioned and see what you enjoy the most.
    Concerning the BH any class can get in easily as long as there is space and/or they already have a Barbarian and a Cleric. You shouldn't worry about it too much. Just choose whatever you like!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • vengefulfury
    edited July 2010
    well, short description:

veno - useless, unless you love animals and want to have them ingame
    barb - meh...like to stay there and be hit?
    wizard - EXPENSIVE
    Psy - wanna be different?
    cleric - heal/buff slave

and now the real stuff:
    Archer - expensive to build. if you don't go for claw/fists for 5 aps you're wasting your time. Being LA needs a lot of refines to be able to tank anything.
    BM - harder to get to 5aps, but permaspark is attainable with a bit of work. From there 5 aps is easily within reach. LA/HA mixed build gives pre 99 a very good def balance (marrows help). Takes a bit of work, but endgame is kinda' squishy to magic classes.
    Sin - king of all. As expensive as Archer to raise his defenses, but the best DPSer in game by a mile. 4 aps is a breeze to reach. Has a lot of survival/avoid death skills, and as his damage raises the autoheal from bloodpaint can be significant. This gives him an edge to archer that has basically no auto heals , making Sin probably 2nd place pre 99 in tanking/solo farming.

chose whatever you like

Sin? What is that?
  • KanariaRose - Archosaur
    KanariaRose - Archosaur Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My main is a cleric and i have two other characters.

One is this psy who was my original alt. But then my boyfriend made a new character so i made one to play with him, a veno. So i would say psy or veno! lol.
  • vengefulfury
    edited July 2010
    My main is a cleric and i have two other characters.

One is this psy who was my original alt. But then my boyfriend made a new character so i made one to play with him, a veno. So i would say psy or veno! lol.

Yeh my gf seems to pick whatever class i pick lol
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well, if you like being a cleric, being a psychic or venomancer may just be too easy (and therefore boring) for you.
    Venomancers do tend to be needed in squad though, especially if you somehow get a herc pet.
    Wizards are known for having greater returns in higher levels, so this is great for if you're going to switch back and forth between that and your cleric.
    Assassins are good damage-wise, but since they're LA you may have noticed that they are a little squishy.
    Archers I've heard are okay. They aren't expensive to play, and aren't hard to play, but they are not known for soloing or anything really awesome. On top of that they are also a little squishy.
    Barbs are like the opposite of clerics, but they are equally as challenging to play, and are always asked for in BHs.
    BMs are fun because they are not as squishy as LAs, have a wide range of choices in weapons, and also have AOEs, and can be secondary tanks if you build them for it.

Okay, that's all I know of that.
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • vengefulfury
    edited July 2010
    But do BM's use much magic? I like the sparkly magic effects lol
  • Reichle - Sanctuary
    Reichle - Sanctuary Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    But do BM's use much magic? I like the sparkly magic effects lol

No they do not, but a lot of their moves, even the single target ones, are very entertaining to watch. BMs are very acrobatic, lmao
    Reichle lvl7x cleric | Neithin lvl5x barb | Tigressi lvl3x veno | Etheriali lvl3x wiz | Goldeeni lvl2x sin | Lilaq lvl2x BM | Fuegai lvlx archer | Whiteney psychic not created yet >_>

Yes, I love PWI that much. Every class is awesome in their own way.
  • Aesciret - Harshlands
    Aesciret - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Wizards can get into parties as easy as a Cleric.

I wish we could get into parties as easily as a cleric. b:cry
  • Klamath_cali - Sanctuary
    Klamath_cali - Sanctuary Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sin? What is that?

Sin is short for Assassin in this game.
    >____>