wizard vs sins or psy

HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Wizard
Is wizard supposed to die when facing the tideborn classes?

I havent found a way to kill those 2 without using either 2 spark ulti or sutra
so is there a way to bypass their stuns. I want to hear some tested combos not
things that only work in imagination. What to do against psy channeling debuff?

Sry im just out of ideas since it seems everytime i attack a psy it hurts me more than him
and vs sins i just got stunned and killed

greetz harm0wnie
Post edited by HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kagizyu - Heavens Tear
    Kagizyu - Heavens Tear Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    no wizzie should pwn all fishies... dont humans have seafood regularly?

sutra is ur best skill... hands down, get some stun resist skills on ur genie

umm if u can sutra ur mountain thingy stun mabobber and nuke away ur set
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    no wizzie should pwn all fishies... dont humans have seafood regularly?

sutra is ur best skill... hands down, get some stun resist skills on ur genie

umm if u can sutra ur mountain thingy stun mabobber and nuke away ur set

not really, iuts depend who was backstabbed and what gear and exp too.

(sadly but ahve alot nub wizz too who do suicide with soulburn or stacking when get stun in air and die by autoattacker sin)
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I dont know if i've been lucky or what, but as lv100 wizard, i can say that i find extremely difficult to kill a sin but extremely easy to kill a psy.

Sins oneshot me from invisible quite easily (so i dont have any chance neither to survive with absolute domain) but at the same time i can oneshot psy easily, just seal / sleep them and cast blade tempest and the magical fish is fried b:laugh
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    I dont know if i've been lucky or what, but as lv100 wizard, i can say that i find extremely difficult to kill a sin but extremely easy to kill a psy.

Sins oneshot me from invisible quite easily (so i dont have any chance neither to survive with absolute domain) but at the same time i can oneshot psy easily, just seal / sleep them and cast blade tempest and the magical fish is fried b:laugh
    i guess the psys you one shot that easy are not lvl 100 ones with compareable gear to yours are they?
    psys power is determined by their soulforce so a lvl 100 one with good stuff should have enough soul force to be able to compete

I know what you mean about sin but a friend said its even worse because you cant 1 shot a sin because they have a skill which fills up their hp to 20% again when being one shotted furthermore they can easily escape into stealth when this skill is in cooldown and with maxed stealth the wiz has no chance to target the sin nor can he tell where the sin is because it is removed from the radar too
  • PrettySammy - Sanctuary
    PrettySammy - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i guess the psys you one shot that easy are not lvl 100 ones with compareable gear to yours are they?
    psys power is determined by their soulforce so a lvl 100 one with good stuff should have enough soul force to be able to compete

I know what you mean about sin but a friend said its even worse because you cant 1 shot a sin because they have a skill which fills up their hp to 20% again when being one shotted furthermore they can easily escape into stealth when this skill is in cooldown and with maxed stealth the wiz has no chance to target the sin nor can he tell where the sin is because it is removed from the radar too

Ok i noticed that your level 70, if your going to be fighting other robe users you need to get to 79 and get undine strike. It will make fighting AA easier cos of the debuff. As it stands with soulburn and the rapid dps of a psy you won't win without Blade Tempest. Other options would be magical debuff skills on genie such as elemental weakness and spark (fire debuff). Problem is for spark to be decent you need 80-100 dex on genie and EW doesn't debuff much beyond 20% ele res even with extra dex.

As for sin, omg they are a pain in the backside to kill. 1. stealth is annoying, 2. they have far too many stuns.

If i am pking and fighting sins. the key is survival of the first attack and being able to break free. So pdef and HP come into play first of all. Self buffed i have 5.1k pdef and in recent pking, even against other lvl 10x sin's this has been enough to survive the initial attack. However for you level this will be far lower so thats your main problem atm. Sharding with garnets / citrine will help to offset some of the issues. LA build will also help with pdef and hp but be arned you m attack will be pretty much in the brown stuff, not exactly condusive to pk and tw.

As far and genie skills go for fighting sins tree of protection helps here as does fortify (you gotta guess right when the sin will decloak and stun). Apart from that spam pots and apoths. Frenzy is also good if your not doing enough damage (jones's blessing + max frenzy = scary damage). If you do get free DS away and try to get in as much damage as possibly whilst they are sealed from force of will and slept using S whispher (another 79 skill - essential for pvp).

Note if a sin has deaden nerves on sutra boostings and nuking won't work. Either try to drag out the fight so their buff wears off (pk) or use essentai, sutra and use your best spells (after debuffing). i'd suggest using skills with nice adds such as glacial snare for the slow, sandstorm to drop accuracy and mountain seize for stun. If you do get a ulti off and the sin doesn't have deaden or focused mind active (happens usually in TW) the ulti's will normally do the job (this is based of similiar levels and gear etc etc etc.).

Again though 9/10 its luck with assassins as they always have the upper hand cause of stealth and stuns. Summary shoot fast and hard then run like hell!

Have fun...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't need no pdef, cos I got ... BOOM HEADSHOT !
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Psys arent too hard if you time things right. Sins are a pain but doable.

Mizuoni's Guide on How to Beat a Sin

Step 1: one shot the sin
    Step 2: one shot the sin again
    Step 3: ???
    Step 4: profit
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
    edited July 2010
    Mizuno is step 3 something to do with underpants?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010

profit

where is domain sutra town portal?
    i like potato
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Mizuno is step 3 something to do with underpants?
    maaaaaaaybeeee
    profit

where is domain sutra town portal?

town portal can only be used once a hour. I save that for the +10/+12 full nirvana gear sins b:surrender
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Ambition - Raging Tide
    Ambition - Raging Tide Posts: 1,152 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Good luck finding the sin before he stuns you and **** you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    PrettySammy thx 4 your answer it cointained a lot of nice suggestions what a wiz can do instead of the against a sin.

Its sad to see that there is no way fighting a psy without using BT. Btw a psychic friend of mine said there is some skill which will reflect a huge part of the dmg while the rest gets nearly absorbed by the psy so if i cast an ulti on em i will nuke myself. The prob here is that this dmg reflecting thing casts faster than my ulti so unless i hit BT out of a sutra combo = 89+ and full chi i wont be able to do that before the psy can cast the buff on himself
    Anyway being only able to kill an enemy with 2sparks at least means wiz seems to have a serious disadvantage here

btw when a psy goes sage their earth aoe no longer got 1 spark but NO CHI requirements ( and it hits as hard as sandstorm with aoe effect -.-) Furthermore their heal skill is able to remove ALL negative statues effects also aoe. Wth did PWI do when they created those skill modifications -.-

@MIzuoni and HexOmega --> guys come on get serious and stop spamming useless comments here like 1 shot 1 shot ....
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    The damage reflected is based on the soul force. If you can take down a psychic in 1 shot then there isn't too much to worry about at all in 1v1.
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    PrettySammy thx 4 your answer it cointained a lot of nice suggestions what a wiz can do instead of the against a sin.

Its sad to see that there is no way fighting a psy without using BT. Btw a psychic friend of mine said there is some skill which will reflect a huge part of the dmg while the rest gets nearly absorbed by the psy so if i cast an ulti on em i will nuke myself. The prob here is that this dmg reflecting thing casts faster than my ulti so unless i hit BT out of a sutra combo = 89+ and full chi i wont be able to do that before the psy can cast the buff on himself
    Anyway being only able to kill an enemy with 2sparks at least means wiz seems to have a serious disadvantage here

btw when a psy goes sage their earth aoe no longer got 1 spark but NO CHI requirements ( and it hits as hard as sandstorm with aoe effect -.-) Furthermore their heal skill is able to remove ALL negative statues effects also aoe. Wth did PWI do when they created those skill modifications -.-

@MIzuoni and HexOmega --> guys come on get serious and stop spamming useless comments here like 1 shot 1 shot ....

im serious
    when a sin pops out you better domain your **** > FoW > one shot > soporific whisper > one shot or else you can get ready to press go to town.

And for psychics
    if they dont have soul of stunning on this combo works ALL THE TIME
    FoW > undine strike(for SoR) > soporific whisper > blade tempest
    if they have soul of stunning on
    soporific whisper > blade tempest

you are guaruanteed to win because they can either have soul of stunning on or soul of retaliation on, not both so its easy.

I wouldnt even think about touching a tideborn until im 90+ with 79 skills if i was you. The extra damage you get from Aquadash/HH90 glaive helps a lot. The pdef boost does too.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    im serious
    when a sin pops out you better domain your **** > FoW > one shot > soporific whisper > one shot or else you can get ready to press go to town.

i am not sure that easy because atleast a avarage sin i think have similiar hp than archer so 7-10k and still u want 1hit them without useing udine or 3rd spark.
    edited July 2010

No problem gald I can help. I have been testing a few combo's with assassin pk friends and a good combo you may like is

Force of Will, Stone Rain, Pitfall, DS outta range, Sandstorm. Earth attacks seem to really mess sins up bad, you can also swap in Gush instead of pitfall for more dmg or hailstorm for freeze chance.

I have sage Blade Tempest, Black Ice Dragon Strike, Mountain Seize and of them all MS is actually a much nastier aoe to use on a sin cos it does high damage like BIDs but also stuns. Still needs two sparks to cast but a chance not to use both, just 1.

As for the Healing spell I haven't heard of any changes in terms of aoe effect. The sage version has 10% chance to heal max HP not just 1350, but also purify. This has happened a few times now and from what I hear its a glitch which will soon be corrected.

As for the psychic's soul of retaliation you should fight smart not hard. If the psy can see you casting BT they will use it, so at half way though cancel the BT keep the sparks. Then

Gush FoW then BT

you get hurt, they get dead. I done this a few times in TW and I lol'd every single time cause its so damn predictable.

If i come up with more decent sutra combo's for psy and sins i`ll put em up, tbh mostly its as much to do with timing personal fighting style and the opposition than anything else.

Have fun

Magical GIRL Pretty Sammy
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Zuunu - Heavens Tear
    Zuunu - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Is wizard supposed to die when facing the tideborn classes?

I havent found a way to kill those 2 without using either 2 spark ulti or sutra
    so is there a way to bypass their stuns. I want to hear some tested combos not
    things that only work in imagination. What to do against psy channeling debuff?

Sry im just out of ideas since it seems everytime i attack a psy it hurts me more than him
    and vs sins i just got stunned and killed

greetz harm0wnie

Why not go to the thread with 480 posts and 28,005 views that already talks about this, seriously...
  • SuperSayayin - Lost City
    SuperSayayin - Lost City Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ive been able to pvp vs sins a lot. I always have a few hours red on me so Im always a target against those invisible fishes. I have realy good odds against them even higher lv ones including lv 100.

Vs Psy I havent realy pvp as much as I would like to. all of them were always higher lv. but still That blade tempest is a killer.

vs sins I always have a def charm active and ready to tre of protection. then I 2 shot them or 1 shot them. Ice Dragon FTW.

Vs phy Ive used the element shell. and even just dew of prtection at some point.
    sandstorm and then blade tempest. But not very sure cause some of them can take the hits. not much exp there. most of the time I doble cast tempest canceling to prevent any imune actions or lv up their def lv.

hope I can help xDb:victory
  • Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary
    Mage_Up_Ass - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well force of will should stop them for a while so u can put on ur essential sutra and PWN sushi......anyother way.....well then Gl on winning