Freind List chat

Options
HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
An idea that i would like your opinions on, a Friend list chat simply you can talk to your friends on it, now one bug will be if i'm talking to robo on my FL and hes not on alno's friend's list alnos cant see what robo says but i still can. but still yes or no? i myself think this would be a great addition to chats, no more whisper half your fl for a FC/BH/TT squad just type in the chat and they can all see it .

this would be a new chat completely
squad=green
faction=cyan
world chat = yellow
this = ? red or some other color it wouldent be a PM it would be a new tab/chat box as long knife said.
Post edited by HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    1. Search Function.

2. Suggestions

3. Horrible Idea
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well personaly i think it would be atleast a little helpfull, but it could be optional like squad and faction chat u can turn it off
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    4. Spell check.

No, it's an awful idea. When you PM your FL, you have control over who you PM and who you don't - I don't want a ton of messages every day for BHs outside my level range.
    :3
  • Poweerrrrrrr - Dreamweaver
    Poweerrrrrrr - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i think its a good idea but whatever happens happens b:laugh
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you and others are interested in this idea, please look here ->>> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=782512
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If you and others are interested in this idea, please look here ->>> http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=782512

well glad to see others have thought up the idea, but he dosent have a poll so people can state there actual opinions,and this is just for discussion, im not expecting a dev to come here and talk to us, im just wanting people to discuss this in "general discussion"
    to the suggestions part
    1. Search Function.

2. Suggestions

3. Horrible Idea
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I don't see why not.

He's suggesting a new tab for it. If you're uninterested in it or if your friends are outside your level range, just don't highlight that tab. Problem solved. It'll only interfere with general chat, as does everything. Considering people would whisper you anyways if they were looking for a party filler, then it's not really adding anymore spam into the chat. A tad more, since you might get some messages from people you're too high for, but only a tad.
    I <3 AGOREY
    edited July 2010
    Options
    4. Spell check.

No, it's an awful idea. When you PM your FL, you have control over who you PM and who you don't - I don't want a ton of messages every day for BHs outside my level range.

it wouldent be a PM it would be a new chat completely my bad for not explaining, you can still PM and all of that, but now you have this new option of turning it on and wow whisper your whole FL see if any one is up for a Delta if not u can turn it off or leave it on :D, squad is green wc is yellow faction is blue, this could be red or somthing. u could disable or enable it your choise
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There are chatrooms capable of doing what you are saying. Learn to use them before asking for a "new" feature.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There are chatrooms capable of doing what you are saying. Learn to use them before asking for a "new" feature.

well with a chat room i cant talk in it while pulling in a FC or a delta because i have to be clicked on it and i have to ctrl+enter to send the chat or click the thing. personaly the chat rooms are 90% worthless, and any of my friends who send me one i do yell at. ask ShellShellz Fanfon Arrya and a few others, they have caused me to die in a FC because they send me that ABOD annoying box of death. this would be a more, usable chat system and more friendly towards those running around doing things.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    every suggestion should bring a poll imo b:chuckle
    i like potato
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    well with a chat room i cant talk in it while pulling in a FC or a delta because i have to be clicked on it and i have to ctrl+enter to send the chat or click the thing. personaly the chat rooms are 90% worthless, and any of my friends who send me one i do yell at. ask ShellShellz Fanfon Arrya and a few others, they have caused me to die in a FC because they send me that ABOD annoying box of death. this would be a more, usable chat system and more friendly towards those running around doing things.

Then dont ask for such a chat if you cant handle the box. I have the box open all the time, and I dont have a problem with it. What makes you think that the chat wont kill you if it is implemented?
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • azurluen
    azurluen Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Someone said this before:

Player A and Player B are frends. Player B and Player C are friends. Player A and player C are not friends.

So, when Player A and Player B are talking, Player C gets pieces of conversation he doesn't understand.

And now, imagine a whole alphabet of Players on someones friendlist...

=o_O=
    [insert sig here]
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Then dont ask for such a chat if you cant handle the box. I have the box open all the time, and I dont have a problem with it. What makes you think that the chat wont kill you if it is implemented?

the problem with that box is i have to click on it to chat and then click back on the ground to exit it, with a new chat tab you could !? type enter to send and u don't have to click any where, and i have to invite my freinds to the chat box one at a time, with this new chat they would automaticly be in it, altho i am not gong to argue any further with you.

and yes azu that would be a problem, but i've used this on other MMO's and it still works great for finding squads for stuff. for those who cant aford telecoustics.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Only thing i would like to have is a blacklist for function for everyone thats not on my friend list and below lvl 90 <.<

Would be amazing, no random morons would bother me and beg for itenz, money, cyberz, help with BH, bosses, buy wings, quests, ask for guild invites b:victory

Than you could set the blacklist function based on levels. Like everyone between lvl 1-90 not on FL is automatically blacklisted. Or if you actually have an interested in filling a Frost or a BH69 for an alt, than you can change settings and have it to level 1-80 etc. People filtered out by the level based blacklist system would also not be able to send squad/guild or trade invites to you.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    every suggestion should bring a poll imo b:chuckle

>.<'
    But you knows that humans can't vote to make decisions there be too many......"non thinking" humans out there.
    b:surrender

yesh,yesh excellent, me sufficiently vague plan be nearing its completion. Soon me goal will be accomplished via the least revealing and most circuitous path possible!
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]