Damage Problem?

pinkpetalz
pinkpetalz Posts: 9 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Assassin
Ever since I've been questing around lvl 65, I've noticed that the damage I deal to mobs randomly reduces to half or less for no reason...

My buffs haven't worn off or anything like that and it doesn't seem to happen in dungeons, BHs etc. For example I use slipstream strike, it usually deals between 4-5k dmg, then on some hits does 2k or less. Or I crit and I do 4k damage when i should do 8k or more, or my autos attacks reduces to around 500 when usually over 1k on the same type of mobs (around swamp of the wraiths/dreaming cloud). Sometimes it'll be like that for all my hits other times not, and I don't see mobs buffing themselves or whatever.
It's only happned recently, it's so frustrating.

Can someone explain why this is?
Post edited by pinkpetalz on

Comments

• Yao - Raging Tide
    Yao - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    there is too much possible explications:
    -The mob is now boosted with 50 def lvl
    -Your using you wings while atacking
    -Your wings get bugged and while you atack is like ur using your wings x.x
    -You check at the wepon ur wearing is not broken ?
    My PWI Oppinion:
    Graphics > 10
    Gameplay > 9.3
    Sound & Music > 7.9
    Host > 10
    Originality > 8
    Total > 9.4 b:victory
  • pinkpetalz
    edited July 2010
    there is too much possible explications:
    -The mob is now boosted with 50 def lvl
    -Your using you wings while atacking
    -Your wings get bugged and while you atack is like ur using your wings x.x
    -You check at the wepon ur wearing is not broken ?

It's definatly not the last 3, I'm fighting on the ground, I repair my gear frequently...How can a mob suddenly be boosted with 50 def lvl- also the mobs I'm fighting are normal (not increased phys def).
  • Yao - Raging Tide
    Yao - Raging Tide Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    pinkpetalz wrote: »
    It's definatly not the last 3, I'm fighting on the ground, I repair my gear frequently...How can a mob suddenly be boosted with 50 def lvl- also the mobs I'm fighting are normal (not increased phys def).

Myabe it can be this option:
    -Your wings get bugged and while you atack is like ur using your wings x.x (but you dun see the wings and you cant fly really)its only the - 50 atk lvl effect bugged.

*check if other players happends the same, if it happends then the mob is boosted with 50 def lvl.

if it only happends on you try unequip your aerogear nad see if it works.

and check if its only with 1 mob and no with all mobs.
    My PWI Oppinion:
    Graphics > 10
    Gameplay > 9.3
    Sound & Music > 7.9
    Host > 10
    Originality > 8
    Total > 9.4 b:victory
  • TunaBreath - Heavens Tear
    TunaBreath - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hmm... you mentioned the swamp. Are you standing in water while fighting? You do half damage when in water.
  • pinkpetalz
    edited July 2010
    Hmm... you mentioned the swamp. Are you standing in water while fighting? You do half damage when in water.
    are you sure?
  • pinkpetalz
    edited July 2010
    Myabe it can be this option:
    -Your wings get bugged and while you atack is like ur using your wings x.x (but you dun see the wings and you cant fly really)its only the - 50 atk lvl effect bugged.

*check if other players happends the same, if it happends then the mob is boosted with 50 def lvl.

if it only happends on you try unequip your aerogear nad see if it works.

and check if its only with 1 mob and no with all mobs.

maybe, but it happens randomly.
  • Soku - Raging Tide
    Soku - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Yea, i remember having a tough time in the swamp. It's also half damage when you're fighting on land against a monster in water, even if the water's only at their ankles. Try luring to the land first, or shadow jump > tackling slash so that both you and the monster are in the same plane (fighting in water or fighting on land).
  • pinkpetalz
    edited July 2010
    Yea, i remember having a tough time in the swamp. It's also half damage when you're fighting on land against a monster in water, even if the water's only at their ankles. Try luring to the land first, or shadow jump > tackling slash so that both you and the monster are in the same plane (fighting in water or fighting on land).

This could be the problem then, I will try that out thanks :)
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    pinkpetalz wrote: »
    This could be the problem then, I will try that out thanks :)

i can confirm its the water in the swamp every class suffers from it and this has been around ever since PWI was released maybe it was already there in older versions even
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2010

^ This.

Also I found using bows can help with that a little, although bp won't work with them, and you'll probably have to use hp pots.
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just use 2x spark every mob.... b:laugh
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just use 2x spark every mob.... b:laugh

Amen sister
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah the swamps can be a total pain.
    I kinda avoided the ones in the water. I just tried to kill the ones on land.
    xP
  • Sorow - Dreamweaver
    Sorow - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i have question that is kinda linked to this topic, on character window says my damage is 1300-1700 but even vs lv 2x mobs i can only give between 900 and 1k of damage is this normal on a sin, my sin is 54 pure dex
  • Daggster - Lost City
    Daggster - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ever heared of defences? maybe u should keep your mouse over the defense u have and u might see what these do ... mob have some defense too
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i have question that is kinda linked to this topic, on character window says my damage is 1300-1700 but even vs lv 2x mobs i can only give between 900 and 1k of damage is this normal on a sin, my sin is 54 pure dex

Daggster is right. If u want to see ur full atk, go kill lvl1 mobs or the lvl150 boss with 0 of defense near raging tide b:cute
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]