Problems For Getting a Good Weapon on Cheap

Options
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Archer
Ok, heres my problem @_@
I aint the best at keeping money (usually have under 50k at me at one time..) ,nor am I the best merchant, and now im almost level 70, the higher level weapon prices are starting to scare the **** outta me.

I've heard the bad press about Unicorn (TT70 bow) for a while, and I have one in the bank that I got from a freind because I made a video for her and her hubby. Now i'm wondering if I should use it, stay with my TT60 Crossbow, or start CSing like mad...

Honestly, if I dont do somethin' soon, im screwed, H-E-L-P!b:shocked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
Post edited by Esnemyl - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Legerity - Sanctuary
    Legerity - Sanctuary Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok, heres my problem @_@
    I aint the best at keeping money (usually have under 50k at me at one time..) ,nor am I the best merchant, and now im almost level 70, the higher level weapon prices are starting to scare the **** outta me.

I've heard the bad press about Unicorn (TT70 bow) for a while, and I have one in the bank that I got from a freind because I made a video for her and her hubby. Now i'm wondering if I should use it, stay with my TT60 Crossbow, or start CSing like mad...

Unicorn isn't that bad of a weapon really. It's only painted in a negative spotlight due to W and C being far superior in terms of DPS. Otherwise, it's quite an ok weapon.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    At your level, you should use Wind and the Clouds, it should last until you get 88 and can get Windcatcher. I did that and it worked fine.

Though yes, on higher levels, the costs get kinda scary. For example, Vast Land on 85 cost me 1,200,000 and that was really cheap. On the other hand, my TT90 crossbow cost me about 6,300,000 or so.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok, heres my problem @_@

W&C

10char
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Wind and clouds is cheaper and better than unicorn period. There's just so much bias against it because it's a slingshot and not cool like a bow. I've gotten 2 W&C molds and just ended up NPCing both because apparently no one wants it for even 50k.
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thats all dirt cheap:P

i'm trying to buy Heaven Shatterer for last 3 weeks..
    on raging tide, people want 120-150mil for clean HS b:sad

i'm not giving that kind of money for a bow.. i am catshop for last month or two.. and with this prices, i will be catshop for another monthb:sad

i'm seriously thinking about Punishing Thunder.. just need 5 more best lucks..
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    thats all dirt cheap:P

i'm trying to buy Heaven Shatterer for last 3 weeks..
    on raging tide, people want 120-150mil for clean HS b:sad

i'm not giving that kind of money for a bow.. i am catshop for last month or two.. and with this prices, i will be catshop for another monthb:sad

i'm seriously thinking about Punishing Thunder.. just need 5 more best lucks..

b:cute 45-55 mill for a insiignia on sanctuary

sometimes i love this server
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    ive seen unicorn +10 with 2x garnets b:shocked
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The Pro archers beat me to it...W&C molds are dirt cheap...25-50K at best. Possibly the best weapon in terms of DPS for archer. I still have and use mine at 85 in most instances.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok, heres my problem @_@

Short answer: Wind and the Clouds or Unicorn (I personally recommend W&C).

Long answer: You need to find some sort of stable income. Your lack of coin is a somewhat bigger issue than a weapon for the 70s.
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Ok guys, thanks for the advice :)
    I sold my old gear, and made 500k, spent some on skills and saving some in my bank.
    Also, a freind in my Faction got me Wind and The Clouds ^^
    Not sure what to do with my Unicorn now, but I may decompose it and sell it off.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • GuinevirX - Heavens Tear
    GuinevirX - Heavens Tear Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    u can decompose it so u make crimson horn soulsmasher . though u may need some expensive mats for it b:victory
    Proud Male Venomancer <
    It's a game ...................... Face it b:laughb:laughb:laugh