Best order to cast skills in FCC?

HippiePanda - Sanctuary
HippiePanda - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Barbarian
I haven't finished many FCC runs yet. I know the bosses and the cave, but still getting problems while luring. Phy attack mobs are easy to lure and won't kill me, but how to handle the magic mobs? Once you lured them all to a Shade, what order in skills is the best to stay alive since clerics are slow or didn't hear about Holy Path.
Is the Order to cast skills the same order between phy mobs and magic mobs?

Here is my order: (if necessary Flesh Ream on Shade) > frighten > Surf impact > Roar > (if needed invoke or sunder) > frighten....

Thaks for advice.
Post edited by HippiePanda - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Vorgen - Sanctuary
    Vorgen - Sanctuary Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I am still in the lower teirs but i plan to use this skill set up for my Fcc runs:

Gather em all up....Invoke, Beastial Rage(to gain chi),Roar, Frighten,Sunder( thanks to beastial rage should have gotten enough chi by then), and then flesh ream on shade) My charm may tick if i am unlucky as hell. Last run i did was with a bm who thought he should pull rather then me......he went squish.....alot.....for no reason.....b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I've never met two barbs who follow the exact same steps to tank FCC b:laugh Most of the run really requires you to create your own style. Everything depends ALOT on your squad and your own skills/equipment. But I guess there isn't any harm asking for advice for the same. I personally have experimented quite alot in that instance. Did alot of testing, some failed while most of them worked for me.

Safest way that I found - 1. gather mobs 2. run to shade 3. ream him 4. invoke & beastial rage 5. roar 6. frighten 7. if the DDs are taking too long to kill them mobs then sunder. If you have good DDs in your squad the mobs will literally drop in a few seconds after the BM does his dragons. This holds true to all rooms.

Experiment with magic mobs (when I was in early 80s with not enough HP) - 1. go near them 2. time your TE to the closest magic mob to activate the mag shield and beastial rage to absorb damage 3. take them to shade 4. repeat the above. Try this at your own risk. b:shocked Sometimes I'ld simply use ToP and that would take me back to my full HP.

Nowadays (me with 16k HP) if the DDs are pros (cv 95 bows+ / tt100 wands+ / high refined GXs.. you get the picture) - 1. gather mobs 2. run to shade 3. ream him 4. roar 5. when the BM dragons, stand up + Demon Beastial Onslaught + ToP + Arma and hope for a zerk+crit. This, for me, is the most fun thing to do in that entire instance b:victory

I don't specifically carry a charm for FCCs. Hope this helped. But I still stick to my original statement, find your own style b:thanks
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    During the luring process I'll use Frighten, then if it's a lot of mobs I'll stop periodically and use Surf Impact or Frighten again when it resets. I will use Solid Shield right before I get to Shade, then Sunder or Frighten or Roar. Bestial Rage is always in play or in cooldown for me. If the cleric is a bit slow in BB or not paying attention I'll turtle up.

Magic mobs I have handled in two different ways, depending upon the squad- either send the herc in, wait until mob casts stun/interrupt and then go in with a Sunder. -OR- BM will rush in, stunlock and everyone follows suit.

Depends upon the makeup of the squad and how well everyone plays together. Cybertron has it right, you really have to find your own style.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I normally let the cleric stay put and I run through some groups then circle back to where they have BB set up. As mentioned, pulling physical mobs isn't really an issue but you can skirt around the outside of them to keep from getting hit while still getting their attention. At the first side rooms where the mobs have their "slow" debuff I usually Violent Triumph -> invoke to get through them without taking too much damage. Charms aren't really necessary at FC runs TBH unless your squad wipes on certain bosses. ie the hand boss in the big room (which essentially leaves you soloing the boss which is less than optimal anyhow).

For the actual zhen part of FC my method seems to be different from others'. Depending on the squad I'm with I actually like to start off by using sunder after the BM Roars -> bestial rage -> roar -> frighten -> surf impact -> stand up -> swell -> untamed wrath -> back to tiger -> do w/e
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Seems alot of barbs do different things....I play depending on my squad mates abilities but generally...I

- Dont use a charm
    -Gather mobs to shade, FR him, then roar then invoke....
    -If slow DDs I'll sunder and be ready to Alpha Male if necessary
    -Sunder and frighten are usually thrown in there after the invoke

That's generally it. For the magic mobs I usually holypath thru them...wait for the squad to catch up and use invoke. Aggro before they get there and then do w/e. It works for me.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Gather mobs
    Invoke
    Bestial Rage
    Armageddon

If you're with a BM where your able to time it so he can get HF off before armageddon then that should be able to almost 1 shot pulls. 1 shot if you get a zerk proc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    I feel theres really no need for Armageddon. Might be fun though.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    It's the best DD in FC runs, how would there not be a need for it?

HF + Arma will one shot most pulls other than dragoon pull throw in a bramble rage if mobs are still alive and that should finish off most pulls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Because the DDs I run with nuke the pulls in a few secs anyway. Sometimes I dont even have enough time to rebuild the chi necessary they're so fast.
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    I know that DDs nowadays are really good at their job (dealing damage) so the mobs don't last long once pulled. But if you have a good BM who can keep up with your speed you need not wait for the slow DDs to nuke the mobs. The HF + ToPed arma does wonders.

I love it when I squad with good BMs and usually whisper my ideas to him and we slay the mobs much before the archer/wiz walks in to AOE. Demon Onslaught comes in real handy when you look for a zerk+crit. There's nothing more I enjoy in that instance than watching HUGE numbers pop up on my screen and archers/wizs complaining that they wanna nuke too b:chuckle

HF+Arma = most fun you are gonna have as a non-fist barb b:laugh

EDIT: a small gimmick while dealing with bishops - you need not always wait for the BM to AOE stun the bishop. I use Triumph and then holy path to the bishop in human form and use Untamed Wrath to cancel the first sleep spell used by the bishop. Then stun with swing and change back into tiger form and alacrity to cancel the first mag AOE. This has almost always worked for me.
  • Gromskull - Harshlands
    Gromskull - Harshlands Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just 1 question, why use frighten after turtle (invoke)???
    I usualy go:
    Invoke (mostly for the magic mobs pull)
    Roar
    Sunder
    and they should all be dead, if not, arma :)
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    I hope that question was directed towards me b:pleased Well, I use frighten only to gain quick chi so i can Sunder/Arma quickly and still have some chi left for invoke on the next run. b:victory
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have actually tried to run away before my DDs are rdy to solo kill some pulls, that means leaving also the cleric behind =p. For that I pull next to shade, bestial rage on just before invoke->roar->surf->sunder & ToP->human->arma, at that point DDs have catched me(if not, Surf spam till sunder out of cd) & Cleric just tells me never to do anything like that again =p. Oh boy they dun like it when I do the same thing on next bigger pull =p. Btw, you may want maxed aoes for solo pulls, after that, those are just totally kewl. I really need to try that 5 barbs, 1 cleric squad =p.

Ps. No, I dun tell my plans to squad, their reaction is just much funnier when they notice "where the **** that tiggy darted?".
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I hope that question was directed towards me b:pleased Well, I use frighten only to gain quick chi so i can Sunder/Arma quickly and still have some chi left for invoke on the next run. b:victory

Good for Chi, and good to slow down mobs that are chasing after an Invoke-slowed barb.

I also use Roar in those situations...great Chi builder.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    edited July 2010
    I have actually tried to run away before my DDs are rdy to solo kill some pulls, that means leaving also the cleric behind =p. For that I pull next to shade, bestial rage on just before invoke->roar->surf->sunder & ToP->human->arma, at that point DDs have catched me(if not, Surf spam till sunder out of cd) & Cleric just tells me never to do anything like that again =p. Oh boy they dun like it when I do the same thing on next bigger pull =p. Btw, you may want maxed aoes for solo pulls, after that, those are just totally kewl. I really need to try that 5 barbs, 1 cleric squad =p.

Ps. No, I dun tell my plans to squad, their reaction is just much funnier when they notice "where the **** that tiggy darted?".
    I love doing that lol

"hold on need chi for BB"

"*** dat I'm not waiting"

*runs off, solos pull*

I'd like to do a FC run one day with just a fist BM. I solo pulls and BM solos bosses lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear
    _TigerPower_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    My method is.....
    1) gather mobs & run to shade
    2) invoke (found out that invoke also gives a bit aggro ^^)
    3) beastial rage
    4) sunder (thanks to beastial rage I'll have enuff chi)
    4.5) if way too much chi: triple spark
    5) surf impact if mobs aren't dead by then
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." - Library Chief Cheng