Razor feathers

TrueHarmony - Archosaur
TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Cleric
Ok so im having trouble coming by money as it is. Farming is weird in this game as the drop rates seem to be totally random and insane, and people with nintales keep beating me to the mats XD. Also spending almost 100k on mp pots (to low for food T.T) and getting an item worth 200k from the two hour long 1-2 tt -.- fail

ANYWHO! Point is my coin is precious and i dont want to waste it on skills i dond need

Right now i have

Maxed: Cyclone, plume shot, ironheart, shell, vanguard, spirit gift, celestial gaurdian, plume shell and wellspring

Aside from that i have at least like lvl 3 in every heal but pure hearted and lvl 5 weild thunder.

Is razor feathers worth maxing? I hear some say its needed, and some say its to slow to be useful. Leme know if i should max it or just pour into weild thunder more|
Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by TrueHarmony - Archosaur on

Comments

• vristion
    vristion Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I would say, if ya have it to spend yea! And provided you want to be a DPSing cleric, it does help to have IF you have all the other AoEs equal to it as well... My AoE grind consist of working those three, and usually finish off well with a group of mobs.

But if not, it would be a huge chunk of money spent on somthing you wont use often unless AoE grinding. It is slow casting, and in the time it takes to cast land, and cooldown, you could have landed two plumes that equals to more or same damage. even more so, chained plume, cyclone,plume again, done far more damage, in slightly more time than one cast of wings.
  • LaLeLoo - Sanctuary
    LaLeLoo - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Yeah I'd say if you don't have the money than don't bother maxing it. Its just another skill that can be useful in AoE situations but not used too often. That is depending how you play. Save the money for something more useful like shard/pots/armor/weapons/etc.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    unless you are very lucky you dont get much from tt runs now...
    you can think of using razor feathers for aoe grind. both cleric specialty - on poisons and on other magic mobs, you wont spend much on mana or repairs that way, even with dq items price nerfed it should be profitable. also its very good skill if you get a bm in aoe grind party - you ih them after they stun a group then assist attack with razors.
    i use razor feathers a lot, and sirens kiss too, though i recommend sirens only for higher levels - and sages as using spark hurts less when you have chi skill ^.^
    25% chance to not use spark with sage sirens works like 1 out of 10 casts qq
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Crescentia - Harshlands
    Crescentia - Harshlands Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Razor Feather is physical attack if you didn't know. (I didn't know till level 80, till a veno told me lawl).

Anyways, if you have the money use it. But through out my cleric life, I only found myself usinging it when we're either grinding, soloing fb 19, 29, 39, or 51 etc. Other then that, I don't usually use aoe skills unless there's going to be a lot of mobs, and attacking involved.

I mean, I had to be a DD in fc once.. And that skill came in handy. But.. nah it's not worth leveling if you don't have the money
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    _Pale - Sanctuary Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Razor Feather is physical attack if you didn't know. (I didn't know till level 80, till a veno told me lawl).

Anyways, if you have the money use it. But through out my cleric life, I only found myself usinging it when we're either grinding, soloing fb 19, 29, 39, or 51 etc. Other then that, I don't usually use aoe skills unless there's going to be a lot of mobs, and attacking involved.

I mean, I had to be a DD in fc once.. And that skill came in handy. But.. nah it's not worth leveling if you don't have the money

yep, ... besides plume shot the other physical attack skill.
    That's why it is still useful on some mobs even if you only target one.
    It's just other people that go... "Whoaa , fail cleric " b:surrender

I actually use it a lot, but then again I like to AOE grind too. It also does decent damage compared to lower levels of wield thunder.
    I'm not there to make you survive in PWI, that's your job
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
    ~Sanctuary~Cleric/Archer/Veno~Audeamus/Enelysion
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    max it way later.
    Most pple dont even aoe grind till after their in their 80s (cause before that the hp/gear/resists arent that good)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    max it way later.
    Most pple dont even aoe grind till after their in their 80s (cause before that the hp/gear/resists arent that good)

*points to cleric AOE grinding thread above*
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736322

lvl 71 cleric (watch video) , like OP b:mischievous
    ** expected fail squad: express rule of thumb "you die by stupidity, you go to town" **
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Also, if you plan on PKing, it's nice to use this coming out of sleep on arcanes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    *points to cleric AOE grinding thread above*
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=736322

lvl 71 cleric (watch video) , like OP b:mischievous
    You DO realize that the OP of this thread is limited on money right? They dont have mp/hp pots to pull out of their ****. I have a hard time imagining someone whos said they have difficulty spending 100k on mp pots able to spam heals, eat up hp/mp pots, and efficiently aoe grindat this lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Good advice in this thread. I will add that you should stop running TT right now until you hit 75. The herb yuanxiao is SO cheap compared to any other mp regen, you may be better off just buying oracles for it.
  • _Pale - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    You DO realize that the OP of this thread is limited on money right? They dont have mp/hp pots to pull out of their ****. I have a hard time imagining someone whos said they have difficulty spending 100k on mp pots able to spam heals, eat up hp/mp pots, and efficiently aoe grindat this lvl

Yeah true...
    It does cost a lot of MP, but after 4 levels 50 pots could cost something like 40k.
    Would be enough to generate a profit grinding, but then other mobs would be a better choice to grind. It's a lot cheaper, safer and faster to grind in squad with a BM or even a wizzy instead of solo AOE grinding. It's easier to make a profit then too, but unfortunately everyone focusses on poison mobs because they are more vulnerable to metal attacks.

It can be done profitable without wasting a lot of pots by meditating in between if you want ( preferable grinding with someone of the othe gender so you can gather chi faster), but it's not needed. There are melee mobs near (south of) Tusk Town which are perfect for this and do give you a good profit. I remember AOE grinding with a wizzy between lvl 60 and 70 there, which was also good because you could get the justice quest for it too and the OMA. I used apo pots back then and the lower level food was a lot cheaper then, but I never really used those a lot. Just saying, you don't have to wait until lvl 80 to start doing this and make a good profit, and especially when it's more reliable then doing squad runs into some instance for an uncertain split of the drops.

So,... to get back to the OP's question: do I invest in razor feathers?
    I think it's a better money maker (compared to wield thunder) and good in several different situations ( PVP, grinding, mag resistent mobs) and therefore a good investment if you are willing to grind with it. But that's just what I think, it worked for me...
    ... and I was dirt poor... still am though... :(
    But that may have to do with how I spend my money, leveling up my skills including the manufactering ones and running instances for fun.