Assassin Sucks

Dieheart - Lost City
Dieheart - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Assassin
End of. I have a lvl 33 sin nd the only thing he can do is die. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. A wise sin once told me, either way for an assassin, a battle never lasts longer than 15 seconds. Oh how true. Assassin is basically a hand to hand cleric. Everyone says "oh yeah, assassin is the best class ever." No effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodpaint, everythings all better." my sin once got buffed with bloodpaint, nd he only recovered 5 hp per attack. How useful. BTW im talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how sins r amazing at PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a sin lvl up much or anything like that.

Tell me what u guys think.
Post edited by Dieheart - Lost City on

Comments

• Bowlinbob - Lost City
    Bowlinbob - Lost City Posts: 3,446 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I think you need to level a class past 70/80 before posting opinions. 33 is nothing.. you can make it to that level easily in a day or 2.
  • SilversMoon - Heavens Tear
    SilversMoon - Heavens Tear Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Pfft. Assassin are not archers you don't stand at grave distance and shoot stuff.
    And while you share LA with archers you will go melee and receive every hit from the get go.
    The trick is, to learn your class. And that can't happen at your level. You need alot more practice,
    Alot more dieing, And alot more skills to acquire.
    Later on when you have that all combined with a bit of skill, it's a breeze.
    But if you don't wanna bother. Don't play an assassin. They are somewhat complex and take skill to handle.

And blood paint will never kick in for you, at such lvl. Later on when you can really DD. You'll see numbers ranging from 50-60 suck a hit to 300 in a nice crit.
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    My 60 sin with vit 3-shots same level mobs. b:sweat

Bloodpaint is pretty useless since mobs die fast + you'll just end up spamming double/triple sparking to actually recover any hp.
  • Neknek - Heavens Tear
    Neknek - Heavens Tear Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well i love my assasin. shes squishy as hell thats true cause tbh almost every stat point is on dex but it doesnt really matter for me cause i just make same level mobs go kaboom. bloodpaint i thoguht would never be useful but a) its useful for a squad and b) the higher you get the better it gets. unfortunatly i have spent too much time following my hubbies BM around so i tend to think i can gather and aoe liek he can. ..... assasin + loads of mobs not all of them stunned = much confusion! my advise stick with it assasins get very fun into your 50s and higher. + btw im lvl 66 not in my 70s but i still think my opinion is valid.
  • VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver
    VerenKaunis - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,099 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    This is a PICNIC.
    This alt has been brought to you by lkurei - Harshlands.
    I'm a guy. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lol what PvE? Oh you mean the thing I do without any pots?
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Assassins be fine, in fact they be ridiculously good at surviving.
    The problem be that YOU suck.
    b:surrender
    sowwys, tis true.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rated_PG - Harshlands
    Rated_PG - Harshlands Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Assassins be fine, in fact they be ridiculously good at surviving.
    The problem be that YOU suck.
    b:surrender
    sowwys, tis true.

ow.....b:sad
    E.D.N.T.H.O.O.E.I.S.B

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Dex Nuke The Hell Out Of Everybody In Sight Build

The path I chose is this, terrorizing anyone my daggers touch, sacrificing a pitiful bit of defense for amazingly high hits and crits, watching as everyone I come across hits the floor before they can react to my devastating hits, seeing them vanish in despair knowing they just got nuked. b:cool Yeah if this is wrong I don't want to be right. This is my build and the way I chose, if you don't like it, well gf to you. b:cool

Sins aren't op'd it's just that you suck ^.^.
    I'm a sin even at 3x I can kill all you oracled 10x noobs >.<
  • NightReaper - Lost City
    NightReaper - Lost City Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the problem is YOU, not the assassin class....

dont be lazy, get lvl60+ first and then u can post ur opinions
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    In this case the problem is the player, not the class-.-. My boyfriend plays a sin as his main and he lvl'd up to 70 on mostly solo quests and grinding -.-. It was rare that he asked i hop on my cleric and rez him. I suggest you change whatever strategy your using on mobs....srrsly
  • Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide
    Kawaiiiii - Raging Tide Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the problem is YOU, not the assassin class....

dont be lazy, get lvl60+ first and then u can post ur opinions

People can posts their own opinion whenever they want, thats why its called an opinion.
    Now, no one will take your opinion seriously until you at least acquire most of your skills.
    I say troll.
    +10 w/ Tisha: youtube.com/watch?v=tKHuXP8LRFU&feature=plcp
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Im not quite sure what people mean when they come to the sin forum with these problems, hell the only reason i even rolled a sin is when my faction leaders alt sin (lvl 74) came to my aid and solo'd chin for me when a lvl 75 barb WITH cleric couldnt(yes i know they probably sucked) but when i saw that i was like no way am i not rolling a sin.

even at your level before bloodpaint and to this current time Ive never experienced any sort of squishiness(bear in mind my "main" before my sin was a psychic)

Im in fact constantly trying to challenge my sins abilities, not to say I havent died, no i have, but i can also honestly say in a non pk sense the only time I have died on my sin(and this is no lie) is when I was stupid, like autopiloting over bosses with autoland checked going afk. thats it, even in fail bh squads i can handle boss agro, farming quests and agroing 5+ mobs MY level i can safely hit wings and get away before i die(yes im charmed, second wind, hp pots, apoc hp pots) but thats what u gotta do, minus the charms of course.

nothing on me is unattainable by normal means(meaning to not spend real money) I think at most I have 40$ U.S.D. invested ingame in 10 months and solely for charms, and cause i got the clothing bug

but I just dont understand maybe cause i havent played maybe a barb or bm or heavy armor character, but i just dont think im squishy, i mean i take dmg, but life powder, bloodpaint, and hp pots second wind and unless i **** off the wrong mob i dont even tick a charm.

and also out of curiousity
    volst wrote: »
    My 60 sin with vit 3-shots same level mobs.

how is this possible this sounds more like my psy than my sin, although I am more along the lines of pure interval attacks, but even with slipstream @ lvl 10, and other skills spams i have never 3 shot anything even with 1-2 crits @ my level

please elaborate, and not cause Im thinking sins suck, but just cause i dont see it possible, I crit atm around 10-11k(with slipstream) less with dag attacks obviously actually its like 3k with jones blessing and mobs my level are like 35+k hp and i know u said lvl 60 but I wasnt crit that high at that lvl, just curious
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited July 2010
    how is this possible this sounds more like my psy than my sin, although I am more along the lines of pure interval attacks, but even with slipstream @ lvl 10, and other skills spams i have never 3 shot anything even with 1-2 crits @ my level

please elaborate, and not cause Im thinking sins suck, but just cause i dont see it possible, I crit atm around 10-11k(with slipstream) less with dag attacks obviously actually its like 3k with jones blessing and mobs my level are like 35+k hp and i know u said lvl 60 but I wasnt crit that high at that lvl, just curious
    Double Spark > Rib Strike > Puncture > Slipstream/Rising. Getting spark as sin is easy, so why not take advantage of it?

I also use chill. Probably most sins don't use it because they think interval is the only way.
  • Fire_soul - Harshlands
    Fire_soul - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    OH MY GOODDD!!! NOOOB!!!

assassin is one of the awesomest classes and i use it to grind often.

NO VENOS ARE NOT BEST AT GRINDING, SINS ARE> IVE TESTED THIS iev a lvl 60 sin and veno

WE KILL SO FAST AND EFFICIENT, moevs r fun and require less money to maintain gear

with bloodpaint and life powder sins r invincible n unkillable :P

U JUST CANT PLAY THE CLASS
  • Noriliza - Sanctuary
    Noriliza - Sanctuary Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Double Spark > Rib Strike > Puncture > Slipstream/Rising. Getting spark as sin is easy, so why not take advantage of it?

I also use chill. Probably most sins don't use it because they think interval is the only way.

oh ok I see, I guess I kind of just got to a point where in my early levels i spammed skills more than interval attacks, but I got to a certain point where my damage output was way higher using intervals that I guess I just kind of let my skills go by the wayside, most mobs I attack its either rib strike/tackling slash then daggers to finish rest. I shall try this next time I am ingame and see how I fare with it, Im an old dog hopefully I can learn some new tricks :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Copied from the top of the forum ads, I knew this was really pwusa
    edited July 2010

^This actually works well in the swamps. The damage reduction for being in water makes the healing from BP rather ineffective if you just use normal attacks so using a few hard hitting skills with CotD on is a good alternative. Unfortunately, it eats through my MP bar far too quickly for my tastes so outside of a few situations I tend to avoid skill spamming.

I've found having a bit of -int and using normal attacks is more than good enough in most other cases though. I only need to use an HP pot every 8 or 9 mobs due to BP (and focused mind) and not spamming skills means I don't use many MP pots either.

Oh, and:
    Getting spark as sin is easy, so why not take advantage of it?

Truth has been spoken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
    'I think most of us f2p players stopped caring about buying gold once the ani packs came in, bent the gold market over a chair and did unspeakable things to it. >_>' Miugre - Heavens Tear
  • Blutregen - Lost City
    Blutregen - Lost City Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    - always having the 1st strike in pvp
    - walk stealthed through a dungeon without caring about the mobs
    - able to use lv30 mold dagger till lv60 b:surrender
    edited July 2010
    - able to use lv30 mold dagger till lv60 b:surrender

o.o

10chars
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SickPigeon - Raging Tide
    SickPigeon - Raging Tide Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I'm only a lvl 53 sin but it's one of the best classes for both PvE and PvP. I have a custom build I use to hit more than hybrid builds but survive longer than pure dex builds too. I can 2-4 hit mobs my level and higher. The trick to playing a sin is to kill the opponent before they can hit you. In both PvP and PvE, a fight should only take 2-12 seconds and should nearly always be in the assassins favor. The only exception are bosses with insanely huge amounts of HP. This should only take 15-50 seconds. And if you build your assassin right, it can take a good amount of damage without a charm and still be hitting insanely high damage. The problem is you probably just built your assassin wrong and also didn't put in enough time to get any good skills or you didn't purchase the good ones for your level.
    It looks like your main is a barb. Barbs and assassins play extremely different. I've noticed that many really good barbs can't play a a good sin cause they're used to tanking, not 1 hitting.
    edited July 2010
    its obvious that this thread was only made by a troll to disturb our forum...
    i propose to stop posting here and make this fail troll (not so fail :X) leave this place
    and go troll his mom

we all know that we own, we r sinsb:victory, we kill all the classes, we deal the highest dps on the game, we have the highest crit chance, we tank a lot of bosses (on lvl89+), we have a 6 seconds stun, a 35 meters teleport (that is stun too xD) and we can be invisible!!!!!!!!b:pleased
    *stealth*...
    HEY APPLE...
    KNIFE!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SlashSin - Lost City
    SlashSin - Lost City Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Don't bash the OP! He's right! Sins suck and are the worst class QQ

Only kidding. I pwn
    The only sin to go from 1 to 102 completely nude b:cool
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You almost fooled me there. -gives props-
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • clutch81
    clutch81 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hello all! Anyone have any advice on how I should distribute my Assassin? Thanks!
  • Xachary - Lost City
    Xachary - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I made my sin without any real intentions of playing it but found it's really alot of fun.
    The only times I have died so far is when some random higher lvl sin comes out of stealth and pk's me or in a BH that went bad for some reason. I havent died off a mob while questing yet that I can remember but then again I am only a noob lvl 58.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    clutch81 wrote: »
    Hello all! Anyone have any advice on how I should distribute my Assassin? Thanks!

I suggest you do a little forum searching, many threads have been posted on this topic.
    I also suggest you stop hyjacking threads (a bannable offense).
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Kyannie - Raging Tide
    Kyannie - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ye im just gonna go ahead and deny whatever you're saying...

All you talk about is dying. You haven't mention what stats you used (or possibly screwed up) and I'm a low level assassin and I've died one time when I tried to take on a boss 20+levels higher than me (don't ask)....

So, agreeing with first post semi-ish-ly, you shouldn't be yapping your mouth off about opinions and complaining. If you hate the class so much, dammit change classes. Not to be rude or anything, but iono. -Discussion- of classes isn't necessarily supposed to be -dissing- of classes... So.... You kinda asked for all of this. *points to posts above and possibly below her*
  • lightdragon999
    lightdragon999 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    assassin=rogue=highest single target dps class in the game unless theres some other type of rogue

you=troll=someone who dosent know how to play there class=whinner=someone who should sthu unlesss they've played this game longer than a week
  • XSarutobix - Raging Tide
    XSarutobix - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Well,all I can say is my 60 sin is with all oround gold armor and weopons and gold ornament's,combined with Bloodpaint I rarely use pots on pwe.
    Sins own
    edited July 2010
    Well,all I can say is my 60 sin is with all oround gold armor and weopons and gold ornament's,combined with Bloodpaint I rarely use pots on pwe.
    Sins own

1) I'd like to point out that not everyone runs around with full mold gear.

2) That said, even without mold gear a sin is more than capable of mowing down enemies (hell, I ran around in NPC **** for a while at 6x and didn't have much trouble).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] lol
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    End of. I have a lvl 33 sin nd the only thing he can do is die. DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE. A wise sin once told me, either way for an assassin, a battle never lasts longer than 15 seconds. Oh how true. Assassin is basically a hand to hand cleric. Everyone says "oh yeah, assassin is the best class ever." No effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodpaint, everythings all better." my sin once got buffed with bloodpaint, nd he only recovered 5 hp per attack. How useful. BTW im talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how sins r amazing at PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a sin lvl up much or anything like that.

Tell me what u guys think.

End of. I have a lvl 23 barb nd the only thing he can do is miss. MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS. A wise barb once told me, either way for a barb, a battle never ends before 5 minutes. Oh how true. Barb is basically an axes BM with no misty and... no axes. Everyone says "oh yeah, Barb pwnz." NO effing way. Never. They say "once u get bloodbath, everythings all better". I saw a Barb buffing bloodbath once, nd he still missed. How useful. BTW i'm talking about PvE here, so don't go on about how barbs r amazng at tanking PvP, i know that, but that doesnt help a barb lvl up much or anything like that if you keep on missing.