Worth playing?

kennlight
kennlight Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Hi guys im looking for a good 3d game with a good PVP/PK concept. Is this game worth my time?
I also dont like games being pay to win using the cash shop, so kindly tell me something about the cash shop in game.
Post edited by kennlight on

Comments

• Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    not worth it. don't get pulled into this game. i can not leave... well thats a lie, I can, but I stupidly keep comming back. so run, run far away!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • ChaseyLain - Lost City
    ChaseyLain - Lost City Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If you dont like pay to win this game is absolutely not for you. Probably the most pay to win game I have ever seen unless you have 12 hours a day to farm for money.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    kennlight wrote: »
    Hi guys im looking for a good 3d game with a good PVP/PK concept. Is this game worth my time?
    I also done like games being pay to win using the cash shop, so kindly tell me something about the cash shop in game.

HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

You could not have picked a worse game then.
  • kennlight
    edited July 2010
    HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

edited for your convinience, that was obviously a typo.
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    edited for your convinience, that was obviously a typo.

cat_im_confus.jpg
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    cat_im_confus.jpg

i love you! the cat.. pile of sticks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
  • Noob - Raging Tide
    Noob - Raging Tide Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    HA_HA_HA_OH_WOW.jpg

+1
    dsfasdf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I also dont like games being pay to win using the cash shop, so kindly tell me something about the cash shop in game.

yea u litraly cudnt of picked a worser game, all this game will do is attempt to suck u dry of r/l cash, if ur playing something atm, id stick to it, but yea stay away from this game if u dont wonna be spending money, the pk is quite a fail aswell,

unlike normal games where a fight can last a good min, here it lasts a good whole 5-10 seconds unless you have a (HP Charm on, restore full hp when below 50% with a 10 second cooldown), which also causes a big imbalance to the game but no1 gives a **** anyway.....seriously stay away from the game b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010

1st, you want a good PVP/PK? Go play A... I just PM me if you want to know, PVP is a lot better on THAT game. Or play a fighter or fps :) Seriously, I do like PVP on that mmorpg, I know some people that tried that game and loved to PVP there. Oh wait... its a p2p game, unless if you want to pay every month. Fighter or FPS is better...

2nd, jolly jones blessing killed PVP instantly, its just a one shot contest now, its like headshots in UT without even aiming to there. If you don't have it, your underpowered unless you lock them first.

3rd, Genies killed PVP as well, little stupid munchkins. The popular genie skills are abused thanks to silly people using it. Sooner or later those skills will be nerfed like holy path, solid shield and tree of protection (it could still be as much powerful from how you build your genie)

4th, unbelievable amounts of dps in this game, BMs are OP from stun lock / APS, Wizards are OP from skills that makes them cast instantly for 6 seconds, clerics are OP from two sleeps and freeze, archers are OP from both physical and magic attacks that are ranged, Assassins are OP from attack levels and chi gain, Psychics are OP from voodoo and instant, MOST OF ALL, venoes are the most OP ingame making them kite melees with their own slow or slow from pets, able to gain OP pets like nix most likely, making players depend on refines, the demon ironwood scarab, sage purge. Easy life gain.

If you want to PVP on this game and you like to gamble, then this is the game for you. If you hate one shot contests, then do not play this game. There are better PVP in other games
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    1st, you want a good PVP/PK? Go play A... I just PM me if you want to know, PVP is a lot better on THAT game. Or play a fighter or fps :) Seriously, I do like PVP on that mmorpg, I know some people that tried that game and loved to PVP there. Oh wait... its a p2p game, unless if you want to pay every month. Fighter or FPS is better...

2nd, jolly jones blessing killed PVP instantly, its just a one shot contest now, its like headshots in UT without even aiming to there. If you don't have it, your underpowered unless you lock them first.

3rd, Genies killed PVP as well, little stupid munchkins. The popular genie skills are abused thanks to silly people using it. Sooner or later those skills will be nerfed like holy path, solid shield and tree of protection (it could still be as much powerful from how you build your genie)

4th, unbelievable amounts of dps in this game, BMs are OP from stun lock / APS, Wizards are OP from skills that makes them cast instantly for 6 seconds, clerics are OP from two sleeps and freeze, archers are OP from both physical and magic attacks that are ranged, Assassins are OP from attack levels and chi gain, Psychics are OP from voodoo and instant, MOST OF ALL, venoes are the most OP ingame making them kite melees with their own slow or slow from pets, able to gain OP pets like nix most likely, making players depend on refines, the demon ironwood scarab, sage purge. Easy life gain.

If you want to PVP on this game and you like to gamble, then this is the game for you. If you hate one shot contests, then do not play this game. There are better PVP in other games

Lol I know what game u mea. A*on has the most epic, non laggy and balanced pvp/mass pvp any game will ever see. Definately show the OP that game. But yea not really. All the things I listed there A*ka have.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • kennlight
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the feedback guys, o btw, what game are you referring to Yulk? Please PM me the name ;D
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Ah yes, the haters gonna hate... b:chuckle

Meanwhile, I know plenty of people in-game who are some of the top players on my server that love the game and haven't ever paid a dime. They always seem puzzled whenever they hear about all the whining about (insert 95% of the forums here), since in-game they are too busy enjoying the game with their faction mates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    this game is most definitly a "free to play, pay to win" game. so if you dont mind spending your life in front of your monitor, grinding your life away for coin, you *might* get away without spending RL cash.

but most likely you will get sucked into the cash shop by one of the many gambling "packs" that PWI puts out every few weeks. so if you are worried about spending RL money, stay out. if you dont mind buying zen to buy clothes, etc, before they hit the auction house, jump on in.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
    edited July 2010
    this game is most definitly a "free to play, pay to win" game. so if you dont mind spending your life in front of your monitor, grinding your life away for coin, you *might* get away without spending RL cash.
    Or there's the option of merchanting, but not everybody has a mind for it, so I can understand it's not an option for everybody. Since I enjoy the mental puzzle of figuring out the market it works out for me, and the result seems to average about $200 per month for about 15 minutes of effort per day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bean - Lost City
    Bean - Lost City Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Or there's the option of merchanting, but not everybody has a mind for it, so I can understand it's not an option for everybody. Since I enjoy the mental puzzle of figuring out the market it works out for me, and the result seems to average about $200 per month for about 15 minutes of effort per day.

I won't say its about 15 minutes a day for me on Lost City to figure it out, but I believe merchanting is all about luck more than skill. The skill is how much you can earn from the sucker, the luck is all in finding the sucker.

As PT Barnum was supposedly quoted as saying "Theres a sucker born every minute" So ya, you just have to hope you are lucky. As far as whether or not this game is worth it ? Hmmm, hard to say, if you are not already established it is a hard climb upwards, but realize thats what all MMos are about, achieving everything and hoping no one will ever outstrip you, but even if you leave for a month.. you will come back and find you have been outstripped.

All MMOs do this, just make it work for you.
    A level 100 BM trapped in a 58 Cleric Forum Pic... These Pikachus are on a hunger-strike / slap fest until the forum moderators and/or GMs fix this issue... kthxbai b:angry

"What would Pikachu Do?"-Dr. Bean
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Customer service sucks for those who are not big time "cash players". I know for FACT they bend to cash players... try to tell them you cant use the lunar cape you made from wing trophy as a non cash player and want it made back into wing trophy.. a big oh no way to do that is what you will likely get...... then do it as cash player.. they will return it to its wing trophy state. Then you will be free to sell to someone since you are getting nirvana cape anyway.. They have done this for 2 people I know of. But as for fixing my wand which was messed up by faulty chienkun.. they send me on a back and forth "there is no way we can restore refines" then I ask for customer service manager as per frankie said to do in another post.. And I get all sweet talked but still no result and NO manger contacted me!!!

I guess my next step is to fraps the faulty items and then demand every gold I have spent on the wand trying to fix it back to +8 since then.. plus mirages.

YES PWI CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS.
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Lol I know what game u mea. A*on has the most epic, non laggy and balanced pvp/mass pvp any game will ever see. Definately show the OP that game. But yea not really. All the things I listed there A*ka have.

Those are both garbage games. A ion had a glorious mass exodus once people realised that it was "hurr durr graphics"

To give Aika some credit what I played of it before I didn't feel like touching it again (about a week's worth of play) wasn't too bad, just absolutely unspectacular. Also cash shop.

edit: to the point, no.
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
    edited July 2010
    I won't say its about 15 minutes a day for me on Lost City to figure it out, but I believe merchanting is all about luck more than skill. The skill is how much you can earn from the sucker, the luck is all in finding the sucker.
    I might have agreed with you back when I was earning 150k-300k per day in profits, but there's way more profit to be made giving people what they want rather than trying to rip them off.

If you have the cheapest price on what you're selling and you pay your suppliers the most, then you have a huge number of players wanting to do business with you.

For example, when Tiger Packs came out I could afford to buy them with the bulk 10% discount because I'm a rich merchant who was smart enough to see he needed to ditch some of his Coral Packs at a loss in order to get in on the Tiger Packs instead. So I'd bid higher than anybody else for Gold, then offer to sell my Tiger Packs for about 4% profit, thus meaning that I was the cheapest source of Tiger Packs (well, me and RoidAbuse, anyway) for anybody who wanted less than 50 of them. Roid and I had very close to a monopoly thanks to the fact that almost every other merchant on our server was refusing to sell off their Coral Packs for a loss.

The result was roughly 12 million per day in profits, paying the highest price for Gold and selling Tiger Packs for the lowest price on the server.

Eventually competition arrived and profits dropped to about 5 million per day by the end of the month, but I certainly can't blame people for wanting to join in on a good thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    @warren thats how economy works, if something is lucrative, more people will enter the market until they find that the effort they put in is not worth the "profits" they are getting.

how about LoL? alot of people have switched to LoL lol.theres a post in harshland forums, and theres another one in raging tide about riney's comeback...
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Khanderin - Lost City
    Khanderin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Meh all F2P MMOs are pay to win. What else is new. They need to make money somehow.
    Go play P2P or stop complaining.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Meh all F2P MMOs are pay to win. What else is new. They need to make money somehow.
    Go play P2P or stop complaining.

How many people would play this game if all non cash shoppers left? Do you think there would be enough people to fill 5 servers... much less 1? How fast would this game die.. please **** with the generic response.
    edited July 2010
    How many people would play this game if all non cash shoppers left? Do you think there would be enough people to fill 5 servers... much less 1? How fast would this game die.. please **** with the generic response.
    That's the whole basis of the F2P model, though. The free players get a free game, while the cash players get a bunch of people they can feel superior to. As long as people are ok with that then the model works, and judging by the huge success of the F2P industry it seems to work for a ton of people just fine.

The model doesn't work for people who can't handle it, though. Some people hate the model, but personally I don't have a problem with cash players giving me a free game and handing me a ton of that in-game money too.

Likewise, most of the players I know in-game enjoy the game and are perfectly content with not being able to have the same gear as somebody who spends $1000 per month. I know there's supposed to be some magical difference between F2P and P2P that says P2P games are more fair, but that's a minority view I only ever encounter on game forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MrDirector - Lost City
    MrDirector - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    well the reality of any mmo is that they have no "the end". Any F2P if not ad-supported will basically be pay-2-win, even pay-to-play games are never truly balanced because they usually have expansions packs.

Usually mmos that have great PvP are Action MMO's and not MMORPGs -.- mmorpgs are like exploring dungeons and leveling up, action mmos focus more on getting through phases and focus on skill :p

If you really want the best games then get a PS3 or Xbox 360 b:victory those two systems according to TIME magazine are apparently going to stick around since they can now be updated like computers :p
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    That's the whole basis of the F2P model, though. The free players get a free game, while the cash players get a bunch of people they can feel superior to. As long as people are ok with that then the model works, and judging by the huge success of the F2P industry it seems to work for a ton of people just fine.

The model doesn't work for people who can't handle it, though. Some people hate the model, but personally I don't have a problem with cash players giving me a free game and handing me a ton of that in-game money too.

Likewise, most of the players I know in-game enjoy the game and are perfectly content with not being able to have the same gear as somebody who spends $1000 per month. I know there's supposed to be some magical difference between F2P and P2P that says P2P games are more fair, but that's a minority view I only ever encounter on game forums.

Yes I understand the model completely. I'm fine without having +10 armors and +12 wep etc... that is not my beef. But my point earlier is that because I only spent maybe 500 dollars on the game since April 4th 2009, I don't get the attention or respect of having my problem solved, where as a major cash player does. And to say ...blah blah pay to win or leave just doesn't go with me.

P.S. As rumors have it I am married ingame to a person who could have bought me a real life small house with the amount of cash he put into this game. He is one of the people who had the GM turn his lunar cape back into a lunar wing trophy so he could sell it to someone else. Whereas I cant even get them to fix the refines on an item that glitched during refining.
  • MrDirector - Lost City
    MrDirector - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Thats your model lol F2P is just another method of obtaining revenue (unlike having to only pay $20 a month for some p2p games, players could end up paying more monthly in a f2p than paying a monthly subscription).

Players who rant about cash-shops are angry not because they feel below someone but because cash-shops ruin the gameplay of a game.

What is the point of having a game where you can simply buy your levels instead of working hard for them? (Rhetorical question).

It destroys the reason for overcoming challenges or receiving "rares". Thats why in the gaming world F2ps are generally consider failed-games b:chuckle THEN again...any point-and-click game is consider FAIL. :D
  • Khanderin - Lost City
    Khanderin - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2010

It's the generic response because it's just the facts. EVERY F2P mmorpg is exactly like this. Cash shop favors the people who pay. The people who don't are happy to play for free and settle for less (in general but in every game there are always non-cashshop merchanters who are just as rich as the cash shoppers). The people who want to be the best for free are the only ones complaining. If you find a free mmorpg that isn't like this, please tell us so everyone can go play that game.

And I seriously doubt GMs would do special stuff for CSers (like reverting a cape just so he can sell it) without a very good reason. Service is generally crappy for everyone. If anyone has a right to complain, it's the people who actually pay. Everyone else is just playing a game for free. We get what we get and we're free to leave at any time if we find it unsatisfactory.
    Players who rant about cash-shops are angry not because they feel below someone but because cash-shops ruin the gameplay of a game.

What is the point of having a game where you can simply buy your levels instead of working hard for them? (Rhetorical question).

It destroys the reason for overcoming challenges or receiving "rares". Thats why in the gaming world F2ps are generally consider failed-games b:chuckle THEN again...any point-and-click game is consider FAIL. :D

Do you know what people in mmorpgs that don't have crazy exp level gaining items complain about? They complain about how hard it is to level, how boring it is to grind 8 hours a day for 10% and they beg for 2x and 3x exp events. I came from such a game.

Plenty of free games out there where you can't buy your levels. You're free to play one of those if that's your thing. But then you'll probably find something else to complain about because there are problems with every F2P game (even most P2P games). People always find something to complain about.
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Those are both garbage games. A ion had a glorious mass exodus once people realised that it was "hurr durr graphics"

To give Aika some credit what I played of it before I didn't feel like touching it again (about a week's worth of play) wasn't too bad, just absolutely unspectacular. Also cash shop.

edit: to the point, no.

Eh aika wasn't bad to me. It was everything I liked in a game. Only reason I quit was for irl reasons.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    P.S. As rumors have it I am married ingame to a person who could have bought me a real life small house with the amount of cash he put into this game. He is one of the people who had the GM turn his lunar cape back into a lunar wing trophy so he could sell it to someone else. Whereas I cant even get them to fix the refines on an item that glitched during refining.

Yes, your in-game husband has put so much into this game he probably could have gotten himself quite a nice little setup somewhere in real life, or hell, started his own small business to make even more money.

I didn't hear of the Lunar cape back to L. Wing Trophy but you know what? I'm not surprised. I think that guy has put so much money in this game he's about the worth of five other major cash shoppers combined. Not a surprise to know a guy who pays that much is treated like royalty.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Alot of people are saying this game is 100% P2W but really its not.. its Pay 2 Win Faster. This is probably the only F2P game I've played where you can easily obtain CS items in game without spending any real money. However, it will take you a substantially longer amount of time to get these things than it takes a cash shopper. Just how it works... I've played P2P games b4 and I was never the richest person there because alot of people use illegal gold sellers, or play so much that they have alot of money, its not much different here except you aren't forced to spend anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    -Dr. Seuss
    edited July 2010
    Yeah, I agree, and that's probably why the in-game players I know aren't jealous of cash-shop players. The general attitude is that so what if somebody who paid $5,000 bucks is better than me. That's not something people admire.
    I admit that I preferred the game pre-Anniversary Packs. Once Anniversary Packs arrived the best items in the game no longer required somebody to actually play the game to get them.

However, my complaint at the time wasn't that people were buying their way to the top, but rather that the game became way, way too easy to not play and still get ahead. Merchants started earning absolutely insane amounts of coins thanks to the Anniversary Pack buying frenzy, and it literally became a case where actually playing the game couldn't compete with being a cat-shop and letting people give you their money for free.

That mania lasted for about 6 months, and any free-player who got in on it probably walked away with at least $1,000 worth of cash-shop items for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]