Can this do till TT90?

Options
Quibie - Heavens Tear
Quibie - Heavens Tear Posts: 21 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Venomancer
I know im only lvl51 but i already have some 3 star armor for lvl50 and it really makes no sense to invest a **** load of coins into 60+ gear..especially if your a veno, but what I am wondering is if the build below can do till TT90.

This one is what I am striving for at lvl70 but the robe, the wristguards, the head gear and the necklace are gonna change by lvl80

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=02b35e0694132d77

This is the build i want as soon as lvl77 and stick with it until TT90.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a47a8a0c7363c439

So i am asking for you too check it out and see what you think. My aim is to spend as little money as possible for my armor cause I am currently saving for a herc, but if i can sacrifice some money at lvl70 so that it could last me till TT90 it would be great.
Post edited by Quibie - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vixter - Harshlands
    Vixter - Harshlands Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yea, dont worry about it, most people actually do that anyways. a lot of people spend so much time farming the mats for TT 80, by the time they get it all theyre already 90 XD the molds will last till 90 for sure, its only a little tiny bit more p.def from lvl 70 gears to 80 gears, and, while the magic defense is better, you wont be missing out on much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    vixter (101 Heavy Veno) ~ TT farmer
    Peachie (102 Mystic) ~ Main character
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yep. TT 90 does not require souledges so it is best to use molds or whatnot at 70+. Venos tank mostly with pets so armor isn't really THAT necessary, but you do want decent ones that allow you to have some defense and magic or whatever stat you want. I'm still using the lvl 70 pants as well, till I get my TT 90 gear. The only thing i've been changing is my weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Iyzebel - Lost City
    Iyzebel - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i use hh 80 gold and wheel of life ....btw i can destroy the bound to ressell the armor pieces?b:sad
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i use hh 80 gold and wheel of life ....btw i can destroy the bound to ressell the armor pieces?b:sad

oh sure, there's a huge market for destroyed stuff. Ever go to the pound and try to adopt a destroyed dog?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yeah, just concentrate on your weapon and rings and you should be good. Looks like you've got most of the "good" legendary items selected for 70-90.

The two rings you have are fine in your 70s, but they start to get weak in your 80s and definitely by 90. For most veno builds, +1 mag on a ring is equivalent to about +2 mag attack on the ring. So the +8 mag from either of your rings can easily be outclassed by a 3-star level 79 or 89 ring with two +mag mods. If you have the time, I'd say check AH every day for level 94 (OHT) rings. Occasionally some good ones pop up - good enough to serve you til/if you upgrade to the super-expensive lunar.

FB51 and on are when you stop being able to do bosses with a regular pet. You pretty much need a herc for the last two bosses in FB51 and all the bosses in FB59 and FB69 if you want to do those with a level-appropriate veno. If you had a herc it'd be useful to pick up some more -channeling% gear to help with your spam healing. But since the whole point of this is to save money for a herc, you can do without the channel gear for now.

Definitely pick up the sea captain sleeves at 77 though - they are too cheap to pass up. Most people opt for the TT90 gold arms as upgrades from the sea captain sleeves, since it has -6% channel and +142 pdef. Those require decomposed TT80 green arms, which in turn require decomposed TT70 green arms. So that's some intermediate TT gear you may wish to make (though you'll probably end up using the sea captain sleeves up until 90).
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    That build is fine until TT90, but there are cheaper alternatives to the cape and boots if you really want to save money. Try looking up *** Cloak of Valor (lvl 67) and *** Genesis Boots in AH; they come with some nice HP/vit/phys def/mag mods. This was my veno's armor before TT90.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I didn't roll with the TT90 armor. Why would I when Legendary is so cheap you can shard / refine it enought to compensate for it's shortcomings while TT90 you cannot add +m/s, -ch, or +mag to? I'll eventually buy the 90 (cheap by then) to make the Nirvana but even TT99 I have little interest in.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    I didn't roll with the TT90 armor. Why would I when Legendary is so cheap you can shard / refine it enought to compensate for it's shortcomings while TT90 you cannot add +m/s, -ch, or +mag to? I'll eventually buy the 90 (cheap by then) to make the Nirvana but even TT99 I have little interest in.

TT90 is cheap, and much more effective than any legendary armor that a level 90 can wear. I don't see how you could pass that up. (Though, I'm still using my sea captain sleeves. They're pretty damn good.)
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TT 90 isn't too bad to get, if you have a herc to farm the mats with. It just takes a long time :[ I'm still in need of some mats, but I'm halfway there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Quibie - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    TT 90 isn't too bad to get, if you have a herc to farm the mats with. It just takes a long time :[ I'm still in need of some mats, but I'm halfway there.

Thank you all for your replys b:thanks but i dont think i will have herc by even lvl90 b:laugh even worse because a veno lvls fast lol but i just have to take it one step at a time and hopefully i dont give up and sell all the SoF i have saved (816/9999 sof saved currently XDDDDD)

edit: 816 sof now lol
  • asldfkj
    asldfkj Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sell the sof, use money to make money until you can afford herc, i cant imagine lvl 90+ to be without herc, since it takes like 1-3(not playing all day and depends on other stuff) weeks to get it, use your brains, merchantise and you get your herc soon enuff. Took me 3 weeks to merchantise to get herc at lvcl 47 without cashshopping

so anyone lvl 90+ says they cant afford herc is just sucpicious, probably lazy :)
  • Quibie - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    asldfkj wrote: »
    sell the sof, use money to make money until you can afford herc, i cant imagine lvl 90+ to be without herc, since it takes like 1-3(not playing all day and depends on other stuff) weeks to get it, use your brains, merchantise and you get your herc soon enuff. Took me 3 weeks to merchantise to get herc at lvcl 47 without cashshopping

so anyone lvl 90+ says they cant afford herc is just sucpicious, probably lazy :)

It all depends really, if your a hardcore gamer and dont mind spending a few hours farming mats, then it definitely would be easier to get a herc or you dont have to be a hardcore gamer but you have the time and you dont get bored easily plus theres also the fact that some people spend real money to get "some" of the SoF but not all.

I for one do none of these things lol. The mats I have I need them for my legendaries so selling them is out of the question. I use the money that i earned to buy SoF. I usually buy in sets of 10 if i see someone selling it for a good price like 7500 or even 6500 and i buy 30 if ive made a good amount of coins.

The time where ill really start saving for SoF is when im lvl70+ and i can do like say 5 TT's a day and sell the mats for coins. I also have to consider the fact that I'm going back to school so there wont be anytime really and i dont plan on failing any classes for the sake of a game xD.
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    It all depends really, if your a hardcore gamer and dont mind spending a few hours farming mats,

Stop right there. They weren't talking about farming mats.
    then it definitely would be easier to get a herc or you dont have to be a hardcore gamer but you have the time and you dont get bored easily plus theres also the fact that some people spend real money to get "some" of the SoF but not all.

People do all kinds of boring **** to level, so I agree with the person above about them being suspicious or lazy.

I for one do none of these things lol. The mats I have I need them for my legendaries so selling them is out of the question. I use the money that i earned to buy SoF. I usually buy in sets of 10 if i see someone selling it for a good price like 7500 or even 6500 and i buy 30 if ive made a good amount of coins.

-And this is the contrary of the great advice you're failing to counter. Here it is again:

• Quibie - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Stop right there. They weren't talking about farming mats.

oops i didnt see that lol, i automatically thought it was farming mats because most people make money off mats..my bad b:surrender

People do all kinds of boring **** to level, so I agree with the person above about them being suspicious or lazy.

ehhh oookayyy, maybe im lazy then lol -sobs quietly in corner- I hate myself v.v im so lazy -sobs-
    Nah thats not it lmaoo but maybe i need a 101 on merchandising i tired it once..but ahh.. -clears throat- had to sell it for lower price cuz nobody would buy :'(

-And this is the contrary of the great advice you're failing to counter. Here it is again:

I didnt fail to counter it o_o ...did i?b:cry umm i think she said that if I sold all my SoF and got back that money i should merchandise stuff..is that it? b:shutup..uhh spend money to make money?

Edit: Yeah thats what she said, sell my SoF for money to make money :p .Pretty good advice but to me merchandising is a tricky business what if someone doesnt buy your stuff and you end up having to lower the price so much that you lose money just so it can be sold. o_o
  • asldfkj
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Well lemme explain how i did

i had lvl 60 cleric sold everything from it for 8+ mil

then i waited in trade street, just standing, checking chat now and then, othervice doing other stuff, school work etc, if i saw somone sell spurred mount for like 3,5 mil-4 mil(people desperate for fast money) i buy it put ah for 5,75-6 mil repeat, will nto take total more then 30 min-1h a day, and income is nice, well atm mounts are hard to trade, new mounts, prices change, since bontique selling but when i got my herc it was easy as hell :)

some do the next, buy bounch of tokens, make it into something, for example tokens for 11k each, then caculate the price when its 13k a piece, and sell it in catshop, and people buy those stuff, like oracles, i know people make 1-2 mil a day like that, and catshop isnt open 24/7, you can run it while you play also, catshop, you can multiclient when only one side is gaining xp.

little effort and your there :)

EDIT: note about the merchantising fear: its usually overreactoin, in my example i took huge profit so i coudlnt lose money, you could do same, you may just run around and see somone sell something cheap, you dont need to do planned merchantising, like you see lvl 22 magic sword mold for 150k, buy it and sell for 500k, simple stuff like that, only when you get more confident you can start doing more planned busness.

intelligent merchantising wont take any time neither ;) catshop is open on second running cleint and money flows in when you do your BH or wahtever, no need to farm mats
  • tweakz
    edited July 2010
    Options
    merchandise stuff..is that it? b:shutup..uhh spend money to make money?

Edit: Yeah thats what she said, sell my SoF for money to make money :p .Pretty good advice but to me merchandising is a tricky business what if someone doesnt buy your stuff and you end up having to lower the price so much that you lose money just so it can be sold. o_o

Facepalm. Wth would you sell below cost when it's something you need?
  • Quibie - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Facepalm. Wth would you sell below cost when it's something you need?

well i wasnt necessarily speaking SoF o_o, i wouldnt sell my sof at lower price just to get rid of it, but what if i wanted to merch something else like a flawless crit or a mount or something like that. What if nobody buys it? Thats what i meant.
  • asldfkj
    edited July 2010
    Options
    just patience, took 2-4 days to sell each mount i bought..
  • PowerFlower - Raging Tide
    PowerFlower - Raging Tide Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    just patience, took 2-4 days to sell each mount i bought..

So please help me out here, just between you and those few that read this thread. I am really trying to learn this "in game" money making thing. I for some reason just cant seem to get the nack of it and so rolled a veno, heard they were best for makin money solo. I am starting with learning the manufacturing skills, I have a few other chars that arent past like lvl 2... got tired of farmin all the mats when theres a plethora of individuals out there that have lvl 10. But now that I've played for awhile, I understand that being able to make gear and sell it can be profitable. Make money off the cat shoppers, sell what they want to buy.

This is where I run into trouble, I only get a limited amount of time a day to play, and I usually spend my time working on my char and not "making money" or "working" since well I do that alllll day long! So normally when I am on I am paying more attention to my quests than the markets on things like: dye, mounts, fashion, boutique sale items, tokens, gold prices, etc.... Plus these all seem to be pretty congested ways to go anyways.

Also I am not blessed enough to be able to duel client and trade items to my constant catshop while gaining exp or gathering gears/mats/herbs to resell for profit. i know ultimate subs are something people dont farm and the price rises and falls with the market (sales drop prices usually) Tokens are the same way.

So please, for the sake of the game and just stop playing all together, help me make better money in the game.. I truly enjoy helping other people and would rather spend 10-20% on myself and the other 80-90% helping my friends or getting better at PK.
    b:surrender