WC language

_Thia_ - Dreamweaver
_Thia_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
I am not a puritan or anything like that, in fact I am an adult, but the language in WC is sometimes really disgusting, how come GM do not control that? I come here to play not to read other ppl 3rd grade dirty language they probably are not allowed to use anywhere else. I remember when the GM ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Thia_ - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Talkblade - Raging Tide
    Talkblade - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I am not a puritan or anything like that, in fact I am an adult, but the language in WC is sometimes really disgusting, how come GM do not control that? I come here to play not to read other ppl 3rd grade dirty language they probably are not allowed to use anywhere else. I remember when the GM ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!!!

Cool Story Bro b:bye
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Just take a SS and send in a ticket.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you, _Thia_, the GMs should moderate WC some. But I seriously doubt it will ever be done (those trash-talkers are paying customers). Only thing I can suggest is that you aviod WC if you do not wish to read it.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You can filter/"turn off" WC as well b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010

A long-lasting problem that is still around. It extremely bugs me too, but yes, it's not managed properly.
    Between filter circumventing and the limited possibility that blacklist offers, I think it is due to a sad way of communication that certain gamers share.

And even screenshots included in tickets may not even work.

I guess it's only when you are specifically targeted and insulted without any provocations and after you have given proofs that sanctions eventually happen to the evildoers.

I find it sad, but I kind of resigned about this issue.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    If the devs refuse to fix the PK issue in the Cube, they DEFINITELTY are not going to do anything about WC.
    Sad and ugly truth...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you, Talkblade, the GMs should moderate WC some. But I seriously doubt it will ever be done (those trash-talkers are paying customers). Only thing I can suggest is that you aviod WC if you do not wish to read it.

I fear you quoted the wrong one.
    Errare humanum est. b:chuckle
    You can filter/"turn off" WC as well b:surrender

Sadly not a long-term solution. You could miss interesting ads (btw, the non-tele ones should be monitored too for flooding).
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    I fear you quoted the wrong one.
    Errare humanum est. b:chuckle

I noticed, ty. I fixed it just before you pointed that out.
    ~Spazz~
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I guess it all depends on people limits. I personally can handle pretty much anything that is said out there because I choose just to ignore it.

When I am in a faction, one of the first things I ask is what is the language rating as in, can I talk as if its 18+. If the faction is PG then I am outta there.

There are certain topics including race/religion that shuold be AUTO-BAN and easy for the GM's to take care of. But if you do not send in SS then don't complain.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010

*Nod nod*
    I guess it all depends on people limits. I personally can handle pretty much anything that is said out there because I choose just to ignore it.

When I am in a faction, one of the first things I ask is what is the language rating as in, can I talk as if its 18+. If the faction is PG then I am outta there.

There are certain topics including race/religion that shuold be AUTO-BAN and easy for the GM's to take care of. But if you do not send in SS then don't complain.

Well, it is something that should have been controlled as soon as the game was officially released.
    But yes, offending on some sensible topics should automatically lead to appropriate punishment.
    I wonder how GMs would reply to this thread, because it's very interesting but also quite a touchy/taboo subject.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    A GM response would look something similar to this I would suspect.

GM: If you feel someone is breaking the rules. Take a screen shot and send in a ticket.

I have found that I get fairly good response from them. You just have to patient.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    A GM response would look something similar to this I would suspect.

GM: If you feel someone is breaking the rules. Take a screen shot and send in a ticket.

I have found that I get fairly good response from them. You just have to patient.

This makes sense... Still something bugs me. That problem is too old and happens too often for it to be resolved by mere screenshots.
    But yes, as long as some cases can be solved, it's better than nothing, I guess.
  • AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear
    AdvanceZero - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,413 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    There have been times when I see a gm say, "keep wc clean"

Wish i saw that more often.....
    Retired

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    There have been times when I see a gm say, "keep wc clean"

Wish i saw that more often.....

When language starts to get out of control I wish I would see in a system message:

GM preparing BAN hammers. Hope you are all ready to receive your rewards.
  • JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver
    JamesJutsu - Dreamweaver Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    PWI has fillterd bad words out yeah, but if I want to say fxck I'll say fxck.

It's all about how you express yourself, you might not like the way I express myself when i get angry, or upset, but I might not like they way you express your anger. If that be...Punching the walls..~in terms I do that anyway~ It could be...smoking...I disagree with smoking and doing drugs.

point made
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Talkblade - Raging Tide
    Talkblade - Raging Tide Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Fineeee b:sadb:cry
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i have all chats on all the time
    and watch worldchat, (and i try to keep 50 teles on stock all the time :P)

never read anything that was really disgusting o.O
    people are making fun
    some drama is entertaining on times
    insults are blocked anyways

this is TEH INTERNET, not your church or what ever, it could be way WORSE tbh,
    log off, go discover the lower depths b:cute

<-is for no chat moderation and no filters at all b:bye - use your blocklist... (mine is empty)
    gah.... i cant type the german word for "Ham" ..its blocked, idk why...,
    and Kra.ut too.. What?? lol thats not really an insult b:chuckle its simply a... a.. plant...
    do you feel hurt when someone calls u a bush or a tree?

>JAMES U DANG TREE!!<

i cant tell you why i say "ham" a lot, cause its not allowed to talk about religion.
    i like potato
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    HEX, certain words I am ok with but how you use them is the issue.

You don't have the right to say what you want to me without responsibility. That is why there are rules to protect people's rights.

I would fear the world would end quickly if it were your choices on how people may treat others.

A do what you want, who cares about anyone else is not the best way to make anywhere a nice place to be.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Hex, you sure are permissive. :P

The internet, you say... some sites are are indeed places where you can write all you want, when you want, without limits, but a MMO should not be. Otherwise there would be no need for moderation, filters or GMs.

And I do not think that PWI is a game where vulgar chat should be allowed on a regular basis.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    yes people should be nice to each other

things said

my point is, i dont want a fun blocker, ;)

as we have james here...
    yellow chat - "JamesJutsu: licks everyone"
    do you feel sexually harassed now? b:cry

oh my god! think of the kids!
    you all know the kids 12+ aint angels... hear them talk to each other...(this game was 12+, right?:P IDK!)

+some additional *power up* word here or there is just how poeple talk...
    nothing special, no real ban-reason imo.., they just express feelings accurate
    i like potato
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Now considering the fact that this MMO is supposed to be played by people of ages thirteen and up, and that by thirteen most children who are actually let outside of their house are at least aware of several cuss words and that these words are technically rude:

I get annoyed when people tell me to watch my language if I say "****". Know what? I'm not thirteen. I'm eighteen. I'm not some overprotective parent who's going to cry at the fact my child is going to end up learning cuss words and better yet, probably use them before they turn sixteen. Far too many people are far, far too uptight about what exactly they feel people should or should not say, and considering that the language a person uses is personal preference you shouldn't force your own damn wants and beliefs on others.

This said, there are people who are very obnoxious about their language and even more obnoxious about the fact that they're probably going to get away with it. I hate with a passion seeing a world chat full of

"**** is a ****** and a *** ******* your mother was a ***"

Or whatever. Yeah, there are people who take it way over the top, and these people I would like to see banned as much as the next.

However, if you want to be super sensitive about what you read, please don't complain to me just because I used one or two "naughty" words. Go mother over somebody else or turn the chat off; I was told which words were rude and which weren't and I shall use them as and when I see fit, because it's not your choice to tell me how I should speak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Linwiz - Lost City
    Linwiz - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Now considering the fact that this MMO is supposed to be played by people of ages thirteen and up, and that by thirteen most children who are actually let outside of their house are at least aware of several cuss words and that these words are technically rude:

I get annoyed when people tell me to watch my language if I say "****". Know what? I'm not thirteen. I'm eighteen. I'm not some overprotective parent who's going to cry at the fact my child is going to end up learning cuss words and better yet, probably use them before they turn sixteen. Far too many people are far, far too uptight about what exactly they feel people should or should not say, and considering that the language a person uses is personal preference you shouldn't force your own damn wants and beliefs on others.

This said, there are people who are very obnoxious about their language and even more obnoxious about the fact that they're probably going to get away with it. I hate with a passion seeing a world chat full of

"**** is a ****** and a *** ******* your mother was a ***"

Or whatever. Yeah, there are people who take it way over the top, and these people I would like to see banned as much as the next.

However, if you want to be super sensitive about what you read, please don't complain to me just because I used one or two "naughty" words. Go mother over somebody else or turn the chat off; I was told which words were rude and which weren't and I shall use them as and when I see fit, because it's not your choice to tell me how I should speak.

+9001

/**** you 10char
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Airyll ! +1 =)

naughty = yaay!
    evil= noo :(
    b:beatenup = noo boo

going to hit "obnoxious" in the translator D: b:laugh
    i like potato
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Thats horrible. Quick turn off the game, you shoudnt play those nasty things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    <-is for no chat moderation and no filters at all b:bye - use your blocklist... (mine is empty)
    gah.... i cant type the german word for "Ham" ..its blocked, idk why...,
    and Kra.ut too.. What?? lol thats not really an insult b:chuckle its simply a... a.. plant...
    do you feel hurt when someone calls u a bush or a tree?

>JAMES U DANG TREE!!<

i cant tell you why i say "ham" a lot, cause its not allowed to talk about religion.

Muhahahaha
    b:avoid
    When language starts to get out of control I wish I would see in a system message:

GM preparing BAN hamsters. Hope you are all ready to receive your rewards.

d(^.^)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Archers_Soul - Lost City
    Archers_Soul - Lost City Posts: 746 Arc User
    edited July 2010

3rd grade language? U must live with some very misbehaved 3rd graders. Besides I think chat filters are stupid :p . In the real world outside the perfect world people of all ages hear very very naughty language. Let's start a remove chat filter petition. Our motto will be"I'm a grown **** man and I can say whatever the funk I want!". Yea all jokes aside, those people in WC have epic language.
    I don't care how old or young you are, how small your **** is, how much of a nerd irl you are or how depressed you are that you never will get laid. There is no reason to act like an A-hole to everyone on an mmorpg. Its a shame that I have to take time out of my day to tell people "stop being an A-hole". So I end with this, if your acting like an A-hole, and some one tells you your being an A-hole chances are your being an A-hole.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    3rd grade language? U must live with some very misbehaved 3rd graders. Besides I think chat filters are stupid :p . In the real world outside the perfect world people of all ages hear very very naughty language. Let's start a remove chat filter petition. Our motto will be"I'm a grown **** man and I can say whatever the funk I want!". Yea all jokes aside, those people in WC have epic language.

I disagree.

If I am at a park with my children and some teenagers show up and starting talknig the way WC gets sometimes, I will ask them to take it elsewhere.

PWI has made this game for 13+ so just imagine you were in a place where 13's might be.

Speak what you want in PM's or privately in faction talk. Its that simple. Or don't complain if you find yourself banned from WC or the game entirely for a few days.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Some parents act as tho they never swore in front of their children EVAR.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • eraldus
    eraldus Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I agree with you too, and I think that those modd around here should just delete childish **** posts like "cool story, bro"

If you don't wanna contribute with the discussion, them at least don't try to act like a 12 year old **** kid.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Cool post, bro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric