saul25 Posts: 99 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Blademaster
which melee class does the most damage?
Post edited by saul25 on

Comments

• saul25
    saul25 Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    like assasins, blademaster, or a barbarian?
    b:laugh
    b:chuckle
    b:pleased
    b:angry
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    a lot of ways to look at it...

but i'd say depending on the bm build he/she might be the best dmg.

sin isn't too far behind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For, DPS or damage over a long period if time, it's Sin. Both class can reach 5 aps while daggers have higher base damage. As damage multiplier goes, DEX is calculated the same for Sin as STR for BM, point for point. Sin will have much more DEX than BM have STR so we get higher multiplier too. Then there's the higher crit %.

For highest damage per hit possible, it goes to Barb with a zerk axes. Tho a Sin with full sharding of DoT, Chill, and a pair of zerk daggers can hurt like hell with triple sparked demon Headhunt.
  • GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary
    GG_BIG_Y - Sanctuary Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    these days its all depends on ur gear and weapon refine lvl and build LOLb:chuckle

but not including gear or refine its probably sins ;P although they r squishy at lower lvls
    but a multi path bm with the right build does crazy damage as wellb:victory same goes for a barb if ur gona be a strength build but u will need really high refines and shards on gear for that to work.

i have a lvl 79 sin that can steal aggro from barbs my lvl, i also have a lvl 80 fist bm that can steal aggro from barbs my lvl and also my lvl 84 barb in human can steal aggro from other barbs my lvl b:laugh and this is all possible only due to my gear and refines.

so in the end damage = how much money u spend on the game

ps; dishing out too much damage is also a curse cause u need to be a smart player and have some common sense to hold back ur DD, or urll steal aggro from the tanks and put the whole squad in danger.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For, DPS or damage over a long period if time, it's Sin. Both class can reach 5 aps while daggers have higher base damage. As damage multiplier goes, DEX is calculated the same for Sin as STR for BM, point for point. Sin will have much more DEX than BM have STR so we get higher multiplier too. Then there's the higher crit %.

For highest damage per hit possible, it goes to Barb with a zerk axes. Tho a Sin with full sharding of DoT, Chill, and a pair of zerk daggers can hurt like hell with triple sparked demon Headhunt.

Would very strongly disaggree with this. While true that a Sin will/can out DPS a claw BM both at 5.0, the Sin will run into the point as to they can not substain it because they will die. Burst DPS yeah, I would give that to a Sin hands down because they can do this with out pulling aggro for long periods. The longer a fight goes, the more careful a Sin has to be because of not being able to take the punishment from their target.

And a demon Barb can do just as well as a BM can when it comes to this, just very few follow that path.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Would very strongly disaggree with this. While true that a Sin will/can out DPS a claw BM both at 5.0, the Sin will run into the point as to they can not substain it because they will die. Burst DPS yeah, I would give that to a Sin hands down because they can do this with out pulling aggro for long periods. The longer a fight goes, the more careful a Sin has to be because of not being able to take the punishment from their target.

And a demon Barb can do just as well as a BM can when it comes to this, just very few follow that path.

sage spark+high refines+sage damage evade past a certain point almost any class can tank just about anything

DPS = sins

spike = barbs
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010

I answered the OP on what class does the most DPS, not who can do it without pulling aggro, or who can tank well.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    For, DPS or damage over a long period if time, it's Sin. .

And my answer was just to correct yours. As I said yes for burst, but over a long period of time, the BM would out due the Sin for the simple fact that the Sin has a few choices and only a few choices.
    a. die from aggro
    b. hit stealth to clear aggro and loss dmg time
    c. slow down to prevent the aggro

You where the one that added the "damage over a long period of time" so that is what my statement was in full reference to.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    5aps sin = highest DPS. It's far more expensive of a build than a 5aps BM though.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    saul25 wrote: »
    which melee class does the most damage?

highest hit from barb armageddon with insina hp (because that not weapon depend , just hp), a bit behind him the wizz with magical damage.

dps sin i think or bm b:surrender
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    And my answer was just to correct yours. As I said yes for burst, but over a long period of time, the BM would out due the Sin for the simple fact that the Sin has a few choices and only a few choices.
    a. die from aggro
    b. hit stealth to clear aggro and loss dmg time
    c. slow down to prevent the aggro

You where the one that added the "damage over a long period of time" so that is what my statement was in full reference to.

You are factoring in too many things. I'm answering base on the game's mechanics. That's like saying that "5 aps doesn't really out dps 4 aps because you'll have to go to town and repair more often"....

a. Who says aggro=death? The massive healing from Bloodpaint at 5 aps combined with Cleric's healing enable end game Sins to tank a lot of things.

b. This actually helps a Sin to out DD a BM. If we are assuming (a) to be true, resetting it keeps Sin alive and able to start fresh and put out higher DPS than BM after reset and not have to worry about aggro for a while. As for the lost time, it's like 1 second, in which we gain a spark from, and hardly makes up the difference in DPS.

c. See (a)

My "damage over a long period of time" was meant to explain, to someone who seems to be new to the game, what dps is. I didn't literally mean "well let's see who does more damage in a week nonstop"
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    Veins - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sins can only achieve 5 aps with rank armor (rank 8?) and nirvana pants and nirvana daggers, and then it's only the crit % that make them out-DPS BMs. Obviously this is only for people who can drop a TON of money on this game, and I can count the sins that out-DPS me on Dreamweaver on one hand.
    :3
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Sins can only achieve 5 aps with rank armor (rank 8?) and nirvana pants and nirvana daggers, and then it's only the crit % that make them out-DPS BMs. Obviously this is only for people who can drop a TON of money on this game, and I can count the sins that out-DPS me on Dreamweaver on one hand.

But how many bms can outdamage you? 3?
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    It's essentially on pace. When you're talking about same attack speed, same weapon, same refines and shards, it's gonna be the same damage. No BM consistently outdamages me unless you consider stuff like the nien event where people are free to use armor fully sharded in DoTs because they're taking no damage. +10 nirvana daggers give a sin around the same physical attack range as +10 TT100 fists do - it's the crit % that pushes them forward.

So if you're talking about 'what class has the highest melee DPS' then you can't really reach a definite answer. You could say 'assassins have the highest DPS if you put a massive amount of money into it' but by the same token, you could get warsoul fists if you put the money into it, and a BM can get 4 aps sparked with warsoul, while a sin could only get 2.86, and I'm pretty sure it would then still go to the BM.

Basically, it goes back and forth. There's no right answer.
  • Zerhee - Lost City
    Zerhee - Lost City Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's essentially on pace. When you're talking about same attack speed, same weapon, same refines and shards, it's gonna be the same damage.
    No.
    This is why:
    Both class can reach 5 aps while daggers have higher base damage. As damage multiplier goes, DEX is calculated the same for Sin as STR for BM, point for point. Sin will have much more DEX than BM have STR so we get higher multiplier too. Then there's the higher crit %.
    Far Beyond Driven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    +10 nirvana daggers give a sin around the same physical attack range as +10 TT100 fists do - it's the crit % that pushes them forward.

Not really. Here's both classes with full dps build and lvl 10 mastery,

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=55edb4b518f81275
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d855c158826e2536

If you look at the avg weapon damage, they are very close to each other: 1148.5 vs 1154.5. However, Sin has higher damages due to the higher damage multiplier from having more DEX.

If we are talking about max amount of money spent, Sin with Warsoul can also have 4 aps sparked since the 0.1 slower speed of daggers is made up by the rank 8 plate. If we are talking about very little money and no 5 aps, Sin still wins with chi gain skills to spark much more often.
  • Veins - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    I don't know, I just compared a 5aps sin's attack range with my own, and his was only slightly higher, which I can obviously match with DBB (+135% fire damage). I know I have a lot more strength than that calc shows, that might have something to do with it.

But yeah, you're right - for some reason, I thought sins only reached 3.33 unsparked, when they still hit 4. Stupid rank armor...

Oh, also, the 'on pace' thing was referring to myself against other BMs.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited July 2010

im shure the fact sins can stat way more dex than we do STR giving them higher DPH has nothing to do with it.
    Gifs are hard to make work here