Why are the new aerocraft cheaper for tideborns?

Options
SecretFlame - Archosaur
SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
new Title:
why is new aero LESS EXPENSIVE for tideborns

I mean Im not buying any but isn't that some kind of in game racism? (against untamed,elf and human)

gratz PWE once again you fail lmao
Post edited by SecretFlame - Archosaur on

Comments

• LadyBats - Archosaur
    LadyBats - Archosaur Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Im going to assume they figure... New class = less players playing that class=lets not make waves= special treatment. Although there are many many fish floating about lol
  • Promivius - Dreamweaver
    Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The other classes are pretty much set up in stuff they can get and then there is the fact tat this expansion is called Rising Tide (aka Tideborn intro).

I will assume PWI is actively promoting the fish so existing players with too much cash will restart a Tideborn and yet again dump more dollars into this game.

It's cash via volume.

My 2 coins
    I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
    Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I feel it's because we still cannot upgrade our wings or flyers like you guys can as well.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • MrDirector - Lost City
    MrDirector - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    perhaps its like buying a new car back in 2004

5 years pass and you get a new car, one that cost less than the time you bought your car in 2004.
  • Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands
    Oo_Rinoa_oO - Harshlands Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    perhaps its like buying a new car back in 2004

5 years pass and you get a new car, one that cost less than the time you bought your car in 2004.

i really dont understand your example. like... really.

btw, lets not mention that untamed doesnt have +3.2 Fly without any event sales while ALL other race has ones.

oh, sht, i mentioned, i know.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Oh yea 35 gold is really cheap(and I didn't buy it with coin). >_>
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    40 bucks is cheap for you?

What do you live in, a mansion?
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

You would be shocked if you knew how much money some has spent on this game. Many have spent over 1000$ easily.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Queenofpower - Dreamweaver
    Queenofpower - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    hehe ppl got lots of choices in mounts now :)
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

It was sarcasm. I bought the wings, but that doesn't mean I consider 40(actually 50) to be cheap. I was just like a lot of new players when hitting lvl10, I got the boutique bug and went on a buying spree. Until I saw how much I spent from my account. Never again. Now the only thing I find worth spending money on is hypers. Not even those dragon orbs, as you need so many anyway. It's a trap to make you broke.

Anyway,

Some players overrate our race, either in a good way, or a bad way.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver
    Ilwyn_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I was actually talking about the OP. Although, I do agree that the dragon orbs are there to make you broke. I went ahead and got ten of them last time I charged Zen - enough to last me awhile since I don't plan on sticking too many of them into my weapon at a time.
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Im still waiting for a cute 3.3 mount for untamed. That fish and beetle is ugly to me b:surrender
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    A simple possible reason on why the Tideborn wings are relatively cheaper... It's (in theory) because many high levels did reroll as TB and would want faster wings.

I still don't see many second-hand TB wings either... So this marketing ploy would not seem silly at all, since it would also aim at recycling items.

See new stuff in boutique -> Get all excited -> Sell old, slower wings for coins -> Buy gold -> buy new wings.

Or

See new stuff in boutique -> Get all excited -> Buy new wings -> Resell old ones.

And once again, since certain player love getting the newest, fastest, shiniest things around ASAP, maybe it will work in the end. More gold (thus money for PWE) would be exchanged as well.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fine, let's change the name of this discussion then, from "why is new aero cheaper for tideborns?" to "why is new aero LESS EXPENSIVE for tideborns?"

For the "old" races it costs 45 gold, for tideborns it's 40 gold, that's 5 gold difference, which is almost 2m in-game coins at current gold prices, 5 gold = 5 USD = 2-3 beers or 1 meal, so yes i also want to know, why are overall tideborn-oriented items (they got a 3.2 aero at the boutique from the very beggining for less money than other races 3.2 aeros) less expensive? aren't they already overpowered enough?
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Fine, let's change the name of this discussion then, from "why is new aero cheaper for tideborns?" to "why is new aero LESS EXPENSIVE for tideborns?"

For the "old" races it costs 45 gold, for tideborns it's 40 gold, that's 5 gold difference, which is almost 2m in-game coins at current gold prices, 5 gold = 5 USD = 2-3 beers or 1 meal, so yes i also want to know, why are overall tideborn-oriented items (they got a 3.2 aero at the boutique from the very beggining for less money than other races 3.2 aeros) less expensive? aren't they already overpowered enough?

I thought that cheaper and less expensive meant the same.

I believe that it's not an issue of overpowering... Just that PWE focused too much on TB lately.
    As for the beer or meal... Save more, spend more for PWI. b:laugh

And finally, I think that devs thought that there were too many of the other races than tideborns' aeros around. Maybe that explains it too.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • EverDoom - Harshlands
    EverDoom - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    i really dont understand your example. like... really.

btw, lets not mention that untamed doesnt have +3.2 Fly without any event sales while ALL other race has ones.

oh, sht, i mentioned, i know.

yea wth is up with that? i mean the dragonfly costs 50 gold and is 3.0 while the elves and human 50 gold aero is 3.2... mistake or purposely done???
  • MrDirector - Lost City
    MrDirector - Lost City Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    if only pwi went like f2p or subscription option >.>
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I mean Im not buying any but isn't that some kind of in game racism? (against untamed,elf and human)

gratz PWE once again you fail lmao
    maybe they will make it cheaper for us if we said we will deal with wings that look like cardboard flapping. stiff and flat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • SecretFlame - Archosaur
    SecretFlame - Archosaur Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

+1 yeah I made a mistake in the title, anyways, this is what I wanted to say, and since I'm in a new server i dont feel like they are thinking tides are soneone's alt, since 50% of archosaur server are TIdeborns and they are the main character of someone. and if anyone here dont consider those 5 golds: 1.5+ millions coins a diference, you can aswell mail them to me in game, I mean they are nothing right?