Full Nirvana Guide

Mandey - Dreamweaver
Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Most of what is written here in are that of my own findings through numerous deaths and runs. This was first posted and edited on Calamitys forums a few times before being brought here. Left my edit notes from the other forum at the bottom.

I wont include squad formations, because honestly any squad can go. There are two bms that used to be in my faction that soloed it together no cleric, due to interval and constant spark state. For normal people all you need is a cleric, a tank, and a dd. 4 people squads are very popular, just finding someone to just open is hard.

First off I am gonna break the instance down by areas.

1st Area: Infernal Lair ~ 100% Inferno Sovereign
2nd Area: Noxious Den ~ 100% Noxious Sovereign
3rd Area: Vampires Domain ~ 100% Vampiric Sovereign
4th Area: Demonic Niche ~ 40% Demonic Dictator, 40% Demonic Tyrant, 20% Demonic Sovereign(2x drop boss)
5th Area: Ashura's Hollow ~ 40% Ashuras Dictator, 40% Ashuras Tyrant, 20% Ashuras Sovereign(2x drop boss)
6th Area: Heaven's Coliseum ~ 40% Goldwing Phoenix, 40% Arbiter of Flame, 20% Nether Queen(2x drop boss)
7th Area: (Opposite side of 6th Area) 100% Vanished Ancestor

1st Area: Infernal Lair

Boss: Inferno Sovereign
Special Boss Info: This boss does a Mana Drain. When you first attack the boss it does a ranged mp drain, and a circle of tombstones appear, kill all the tombstones then the boss. The room also spawns circles that explode and do 5k dmg per explode and they spawn in multiples. Some groups can catch the boss in the hallway which glitches the circles, but more often then not this just resets the boss and you gotta start over with the gargoyles. This boss does a load of exp, hypers can be used here, though at 100 who would really want too I dunno.
nirvana1stboss.jpg

Area:Noxious Den

Boss: Noxious Sovereign
Special Boss Info: Does a small AoE poison to Melee that is laughable. The boss will say some red text and will buff himself, this is laughable too, though having a veno is nice I have ran without and nothing ever happens.
nirvanaboss2-2.jpg

Area:Vampires Domain

Boss: Vampiric Sovereign
Special Boss Info: This boss does a Severe AoE mana drain. After the first hit the boss will spawn 6 foxes, 3 on each side of her. They will continue to spawn if they are not all killed at the same time. Heavy AoE dmg works wonders with a good pull. Has a 15 minute timer, if boss isnt killed within then you get a "You will regret this..." And everyone dies instantly
nirvanaboss3.jpg

Area: Demonic Niche
Spawns one of three available bosses with a 33% chance of getting a boss that does a double drop.

Boss: Demonic Dictator
Special Boss Info: This boss is normal except he spawns two adds, one white one black. You must kill which is a one shot for anyone with a weapon the black spawn. If you kill the white one a 5k AoE dmg will in compass the whole room. At the last 25% of hp the boss will break BB and start casting AoE dmg, just do chromatic healing.
This picture also depicts the white and black feathers:
nirvanaboss4.jpg

Boss:Demonic Tyrant
Special Boss Info: This boss is like the Super hacking slash boss in FC, except for his Circle for the AoE dmg is much greater. His speech starts with, "Let the ground quake.." With that started its best to run back and forth in the room rather then scatter in a giant circle.
nirvana3-2.jpg

Boss:Demonic Sovereign (33% chance, Has a 2x boss drop)
Special Boss Info: Normal boss, just tank and kill adds that spawn.
nirvana3-3boss.jpg

Area:Ashura's Hollow

Boss: Ashura Dictator
Special Boss Info: This boss is easy, but he spawns 3 little snakes that you must ignore. If said baby snakes die they each do 5k AoE dmg to the whole room. The baby snakes cast a poison to the character it touches, a swift purify is needed.
nirvanaboss5.jpg

Boss: Ashuras Tyrant
Special Boss Info: The boss is uneventfull, but the ceiling will drop rocks randomly on the party as well as spawn red circles that explode but do little to no dmg.
nirvana5-2.jpg

Boss: Ashuras Sovereign
Special Boss Info: Refered to as the Beserker boss, will randomly debuff a player and slash them doing alot of dmg, kills most people. When boss red text appears run around and try not to get hit. Triple spark will save you if your not lagging. His random debuff is a fast attack, his beserker attack is slowed so you have plenty of time to get out of the way unless your the tank since your right under him.
nirvanaboss4-3.jpg

Last Area: Heaven's Coliseum

Boss: Goldwing Phoenix
Special Boss Info: This boss will grow at 180k hp left into a giant chocobo looking chicken.
nirvanalastroom1stboss.jpg
Boss 2nd Evolution: Giant Chicken
Special Boss Info: This boss will spawn small embers of fire on people, these little fires do 2.5k dmg every other second in 10ish meter circle. The tank will most likely have to move the boss around depending on where the fire spawns occur to keep his dd help out of danger. The fires will continue to burn for 3 minutes before extinguishing.
nirvanalastbosstransform.jpg

Boss:Arbiter of Flame
Special Boss Info: Contrary to his name, he spawns no fire but is merely just in the fire room. He does though a massive AoE dmg that must be BBed or party will all die. The Bm/Barb are best for this running since they have a greater normal speed.
nirvanalastroom1-2.jpg

Boss: Nether Queen (Dubbed the Trixy boss by Calamity after one of its longest standing Marshals for its red fiery eyes and hands of fury, and has the 2x drop rate)
Special Boss Info: This Boss looks easy but really isnt. The mysterious old man will spawn randomly around the room when she says "Feel a taste of my anger" You will have 10 seconds[seems more like 6] to run to the old man or she will kill you with a 200k'ish attack. Tranq orbs work well for tanking thru it.
Nirvana7-3.jpg

The other side of Heaven's Coliseum is the Vanished Ancestor
Special Boss Info: This boss most squads have problems with, there are 5 mob spawns that occur while you attack the boss, and 5 chest spawns that occur at the same time. now each chest prevents a certain mob spawn from attacking and one shoting the group. The "runner" as most groups call it must have holy path, you only get 20 seconds from spawn before it goes boom.
nirvanalastboss.jpg

To use a chest drop dig the chest harvest the item run to mob, left click mob, right click the item from inventory that you just dug to prevent the mob from attacking.

See chart:
nirvanachestmap.jpg

Guide is in producing stage, if any information is incorrect please let me know what is correct so I can fix it. I am working on the missing information please bare with me.
*Edited April 15, corrected some info, and added missing information provided by Destini and Esco
*Edited April 20- Added some missing boss screenshots, edited the boss spawn %'s I believe this is more accurate
*Edited May 2- Added in screenshot for trixyboss
*Edited May 7- corrected some spelling
51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
Post edited by Mandey - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Mandey - Dreamweaver
    Mandey - Dreamweaver Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Aww my screenshots wont show up boo lol
    51 lvls in Calamity, **** whomever actually pressed the kick button on me, while I was at work no less, you coward.
  • Terachia - Heavens Tear
    Terachia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I like this Guide!
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Good Guide.TY Mandeyb:thanks
    Aww my screenshots wont show up boo lol

I can see your screenshots just fine.b:surprised
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Special Boss Info: Contrary to his name, he spawns no fire but is merely just in the fire room. He does though a massive AoE dmg that must be BBed or party will all die. The Bm/Barb are best for this running since they have a greater normal speed.

I don't think this is correct...
    He does spawn fire on top of people directly(so standing too close to eachother is bad)
    His actual AoE does damage that is not cut in half by BB or skills, its just always 49% HP
    BB is not necessary, and actually nearly guarantees charm ticks to the person tanking
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42...astroom1-2.jpg

You should not have to BB, Chrom heal works just fine in preventing any charm tick. It is all in the timing. TBH, I personally have a macro that it timed with the bosses aoe and you can see the movement right before the aoe happens = start casting Chrom heal.
    Boss: Nether Queen (Dubbed the Trixy boss by Calamity after one of its longest standing Marshals for its red fiery eyes and hands of fury, and has the 2x drop rate)
    Special Boss Info: This Boss looks easy but really isnt. The mysterious old man will spawn randomly around the room when she says "Feel a taste of my anger" You will have 10 seconds[seems more like 6] to run to the old man or she will kill you with a 200k'ish attack. Tranq orbs work well for tanking thru it.

The closer the entire squad stands together, the closer the Old Man will spawn and will make lives much easier. Also, be sure to kill the add or it will slow anyone down (and more then likely get killed) any party member delayed in getting to the red circle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Boss: Ashuras Sovereign
    Special Boss Info: Refered to as the Beserker boss, will randomly debuff a player and slash them doing alot of dmg, kills most people. When boss red text appears run around and try not to get hit. Triple spark will save you if your not lagging. His random debuff is a fast attack, his beserker attack is slowed so you have plenty of time to get out of the way unless your the tank since your right under him.
    nirvanaboss4-3.jpg

on the underlines part, i think you can stack Stormrage Eagalon's speed debuff when he goes into beserker mode!
    the -50% speed from Demon Stormrage Eagleon is able to stack with the -50% speed he debuffs himself with for a total of -100% speed.
    laugh at him while he runs as slow as a snail b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Zetz - Raging Tide
    Zetz - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    how many material we got after take down the dungeon? o.o
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    you should totally post this in the wiki. the nirvana guide part is still alot imcomplete.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    kill all the tombstones then the boss.
    WRONG
    You don't have to kill the tombs. Previously if you haven't killed them the boss hp wouldn't go down. Now just more circles spawn. If squad is slow, kill one mob it will be enough to give spaces to run to when circles appear.
    This boss does a load of exp, hypers can be used here, though at 100 who would really want too I dunno.
    Not anymore.... they nerfed it.

:o huh? Run where? I just usually tank this boss through BB. A barb or bm shouldn't have problems.
    on the underlines part, i think you can stack Stormrage Eagalon's speed debuff when he goes into beserker mode!
    the -50% speed from Demon Stormrage Eagleon is able to stack with the -50% speed he debuffs himself with for a total of -100% speed.
    laugh at him while he runs as slow as a snail
    Lol this is true :D too bad mine still lvl 1 though I rarely see this boss berserk at all. If squad member aren't running around all over he hits/debuffs one person rnadomly then goes bk to the tank without getting the berserk status that looks like an icon a barb'stitans buff gives you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ignathas - Sanctuary
    Ignathas - Sanctuary Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    ye vilkass should know hes doing nirvana too often i think b:shutup
    sitting there like 24/7 every day near the entrance jumping around from one forge to another and screaming 'i want nirvana!!'
    >:P
  • Mattcha - Heavens Tear
    Mattcha - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Mobs that spawn at last boss lasts 25 sec and squad wipe can be avoided by castin Absolute Domain.b:surrender
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Mobs that spawn at last boss lasts 25 sec and squad wipe can be avoided by castin Absolute Domain.b:surrender

OR sparking; or using class specific skills like Wings of Grace for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Grim_Reaper - Harshlands
    _Grim_Reaper - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    needs to add the new boss in nirvana for those people who take the red quest by the mysterious old man (the one that needs 99 keys)
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    needs to add the new boss in nirvana for those people who take the red quest by the mysterious old man (the one that needs 99 keys)

He's easy. Mgk aoes once in a while. & got 8m hp -.- Can't amp/hf/extreme poison him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sylredrae - Sanctuary
    Sylredrae - Sanctuary Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Awesome guide - I would love to have it handy if I ever decide to reach 100 and try Nirvana. XD
    Syredrae ~ lvl 100 Cleric (main character)

Auryl ~ lvl 100 Venomancer

Mainas ~ lvl 80 Barbarian

Suirune ~ lvl 2X Psychic