Need Help gathering 20 compound oils!

Options
zelts
zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
So I need 20 compound oils.. As im poor ,can't buy Gold and actually have a desire to play the game.. I went to the pwi database to find out the 3 kinds of mobs that drop this oil the ''most'' , I got there and pwn those mobs.. not 100 not 200 but 300 of those in that little tiny island up there.. this is what I got : 10 strong acid / 12 deadly venom / 2 compund oils .

Now.. correct me if Im wrong so..In order to get my 20 compound oils I need to kill just about 3000 of these mobs isn't that right? ..

I dont know about you.. but I would love to watch a developper of this game or a Gm actually get 20 compound oils.. in the game and kill those 3000 mobs, nothing more or less than JUST to show me how it gets done. Any Time any Day .
Post edited by zelts on

Comments

• Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Kill the most profitable mobs of your level and sell the drops. Get enough money to buy the oils. Don't farm them directly.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    zelts wrote: »
    So I need 20 compound oils.. As im poor ,can't buy Gold and actually have a desire to play the game.. I went to the pwi database to find out the 3 kinds of mobs that drop this oil the ''most'' , I got there and pwn those mobs.. not 100 not 200 but 300 of those in that little tiny island up there.. this is what I got : 10 strong acid / 12 deadly venom / 2 compund oils .

Now.. correct me if Im wrong so..In order to get my 20 compound oils I need to kill just about 3000 of these mobs isn't that right? ..

I dont know about you.. but I would love to watch a developper of this game or a Gm actually get 20 compound oils.. in the game and kill those 3000 mobs, nothing more or less than JUST to show me how it gets done. Any Time any Day .

I done that with my barb, drop rate sucks but I managed to get a lot more than 20 without spending coins or money. It took a lot of time but yeah... I have like 70+ and its still not enough
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • zelts
    zelts Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So your Saying we poor people shouldnt try to get our crafting mats out of the mobs??? b:sad But that leave us like with nothing... right?
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    So your Saying we poor people shouldnt try to get our crafting mats out of the mobs??? b:sad But that leave us like with nothing... right?

Sell the DQs -> Use the coin from them to buy mats from other players -> Add those to the mats you already get from grinding -> Profit

This is a MMO. You're not meant to be able to reasonably do everything solo.
  • SugarPrinces - Sanctuary
    SugarPrinces - Sanctuary Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Sell the DQs -> Use the coin from them to buy mats from other players -> Add those to the mats you already get from grinding -> Profit

This is a MMO. You're not meant to be able to reasonably do everything solo.

catch 22 to that method tho is, if everyone uses that method, nobody actually farms the mats and theres none to buy, so, someone needs to still do the farming..

if the drop rate while grinding for the mats isnt very good, find a mob at a higher level that also drops the same mats and the droprate increases.. had this issue trying to farm rough fur, drop rate was terrible and not much mob wise at higher level closer to mine that drops em so, made an alt, leveled to appropriate level, and farmed what i needed painlessly and mailed to my main.
  • DeathBanana - Heavens Tear
    DeathBanana - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,674 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Not everyone uses mats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

9x Demon Cleric
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    catch 22 to that method tho is, if everyone uses that method, nobody actually farms the mats and theres none to buy, so, someone needs to still do the farming..

What the guy above me said. There's a large amount of people who level their crafting skills via molds (which only need mats that can be mined and he mold itself), TT equips, buying their crafting levels directly, or simply don't level their crafting skills a all. Then there's also the people who no longer need certain mats but are still in a level range where they drop and thus, are able to easily sell them off for cheap.

So the only way your catch 22 would actually apply is if everyone decided that they wanted all their chars to have maxed crafting skills and nobody wanted to use the cash shop to buy the mats to level them or to just buy the levels directly.
  • Rillien - Heavens Tear
    Rillien - Heavens Tear Posts: 569 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

It leaves you with the ability to grind and use your money in the most efficient way possible. And that's quite a bit more than some people have.

HOWEVER, if you must know, just by doing quests I usually had enough puri oils for crafting. 20 is really not that hard to come by if you are doing your usual quests. Kill insect type things: centipods, scorpions, spiders. And use 2x drop, [if they do any more of those events] to your advantage.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    The op was talking compound oil not puri.....

And the rarity is why they sell for 10k + on HL AH
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

You'll have to kill more, buying them from coins is a stupid idea. Again, you have to camp that island, hopefully your level 50+ then you have to continue grinding. Unless drop rate got nerfed ( again <_< )

I'm glad I am not playing atm lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
      Say compound oil sells for 10k each like another person posted.
    • Say you can grind 150k per hour (that's what I got with level 30 characters) in a good spot.
    • Say you got 2 compound oil in 2 hours and 200k in other stuff. That's 1 compound oil and 100k per hour.

If you continue what you're doing and kill those compound oil mobs for 20 hours, you will get 20 compound oil and 2 million coin worth of other stuff.

If you do as suggested and grind off the mobs which drop the most/best loot for 20 hours, you will end up with 3 million coin. Buying 20 compound oil will cost you 200k. You will have finished the 20 hours of grinding with 20 compound oil and 2.8 million. That's 800k more than if you killed the compound oil mobs.

More to the point, you can make enough money to buy the 20 compound oil in a little over an hour. Then you can go on to do other fun stuff, rather than spending 18+ more hours doing something which clearly frustrates you since it annoyed you enough to post about it.