I can't tame pets

darkness7
darkness7 Posts: 13 Arc User
edited September 2011 in Venomancer
I'm a level 9 VM who wants to be able to tame new monsters.My skills list say's that my tame pet skill can be earned at level 7 but I'm 2 levels above that and still cant get it. when i go to pet trainer and the VM master there is a tame pet and VM skill button that doesnt show anything since I've learned pet heal/revive.This is hard ,I'm running around in loonnngg circles clueless.What npc has the skills for me and whats the level requirment for this?Does statistics matter in the learning skill thing?
Post edited by darkness7 on

Comments

• gattsuru
    gattsuru Posts: 3,184 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Did you complete the level 7 Quest from Pet Skill Trainer Hu?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary
    Feraldreamzz - Sanctuary Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Did you do the following?

From this thread : http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=36221

Sacred Beast
    Venomancer Taming Skill Quest. Venomancer only.
    Note: It is also possible to buy the eggs for this quest from a player shop.

1. Speak to Pet Skill Trainer Hu (257, 644)
    -Collect 1 Fresh Meat (Drops from Rhinodrake Plainswalker Located around 222, 583)
    Note: Farm Snowdye Flower's for the Hunting Net Marks.
    -Collect the Hunting Net Mark 1: Located around (210, 583)
    -Collect the Hunting Net Mark 2: Located around (209, 587)
    -Collect the Hunting Net Mark 3: Located around (213, 592)
    -Collect 1 Appetizing Roast Meat (Farm the Campfire located at 212, 591)
    2. The Sacred Beast will appear. Attacks are meaningless. Just wait until it dies.
    -Obtain 1 Sacred Best Pet Egg
    3. Report to Pet Skill Trainer Hu (257, 644)
    Pet Bag gets expanded to 2 slots
    In order to learn the skill, talk to the Pet Skill Trainer and select the "Tame Pet" option, then click the skill to learn it.
  • kobokan
    kobokan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    gattsuru wrote: »
    Did you complete the level 7 Quest from Pet Skill Trainer Hu?

so u mean that we should finish the quest and then we can get it?
  • Bridigan - Sanctuary
    Bridigan - Sanctuary Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    kobokan wrote: »
    so u mean that we should finish the quest and then we can get it?

Yes. There are many skills that can only be obtained after completing certain quests. You should read this thread to find quests in the game: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781
    Director and Webmistress of Faction Tramonto
  • yvt
    yvt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    hi,

i just started my second veno and i have the problem that i can't tame pets. I'm lvl 13 now.

i did the quest and handed it in, but i don't have the pet skill book for taming.

I checked the bank and my inventory, but it is not there and u can't drop it or sell it.....

Does someone know how i can get that book back?

it can't be bought at the pet skill trainer and not at the book merchant...

pls help me, i don't want to start new...b:cry
  • yvt
    yvt Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    it'S ok, i found it ^^
  • Cilyl - Heavens Tear
    Cilyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'm confuse... i'm a lvl 15 i'm can't tame a pet too... i completed the scared beast quest but when i try to tame something i keep failing... b:sad
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Did u try getting the mobs hp down before attempting to tame it? I read somewhere when playing my veno that the more injured the mob is the easier it is to tame it.

lol @ necro xD
  • BlackFlame - Harshlands
    BlackFlame - Harshlands Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    you have to get mobs hp down 50%, if it's full, then you will fail each time. let your pet attack and start taming or make an attack yourself and then tame.
  • kremusia
    kremusia Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    yvt wrote: »
    it'S ok, i found it ^^

What did you do?
  • Nitefoxy - Sanctuary
    Nitefoxy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    you have to get mobs hp down 50%, if it's full, then you will fail each time. let your pet attack and start taming or make an attack
    yourself and then tame.

Any other tricks in taming pets besides getting it's HP low as suggested above? Is the level of your pet compared to level of the mob you're trying to tame matter?

I'm 57/58 Veno trying to tame a scorpion or a mantis on Dawn Cry's Isle. I have gotten the mob down past 50% health ... down just before it is dead ... and still can't tame one. I see 'resists' from time to time, but are there any indication a mob is tamable or not.

I read wraith is not tamable. The scorpion and the mantis are not wraiths. I am just trying to practice my taming skills ... and now my TAME skill is gray'ed out. Have I broken my TAME skill on these mobs? LOL

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I'm 57/58 Veno trying to tame a scorpion or a mantis on Dawn Cry's Isle. I have gotten the mob down past 50% health ... down just before it is dead ... and still can't tame one. I see 'resists' from time to time, but are there any indication a mob is tamable or not.

you know about the color-coded face icon on the mob's targeting data pane, right? you want that to be green.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Any other tricks in taming pets besides getting it's HP low as suggested above? Is the level of your pet compared to level of the mob you're trying to tame matter?

I read wraith is not tamable. The scorpion and the mantis are not wraiths. I am just trying to practice my taming skills ... and now my TAME skill is gray'ed out. Have I broken my TAME skill on these mobs? LOL

Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Level of the pet beating on your target doesn't change anything in regards to tame.

Tame can be greyed out if you don't have enough mp or if your bag is full. (Full bag = no slot to put a pet egg.)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I've not seen any difference between orange and green icons, personally.

Doesn't mean it's not there, but if it does anything, the difference is very slight.

I also usually try to debuff whatever I want to tame - it probably doesn't make a difference either though.
  • Nitefoxy - Sanctuary
    Nitefoxy - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Level of the pet beating on your target doesn't change anything in regards to tame.

Tame can be greyed out if you don't have enough mp or if your bag is full. (Full bag = no slot to put a pet egg.)

That was it ... My bag was full so I couldn't shove the egg in ... LMAO ... such a newbie Veno.

Thanks !!!
  • SeaStorm - Heavens Tear
    SeaStorm - Heavens Tear Posts: 315 Arc User
    edited March 2011
    colored icons on mob:

Red = untamable at your current lvl
    Yellow = possible to tame but could fail
    Green = no problem taming

HP below 50% and should be fine if it fails try 25%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toxicbarbieheads
    toxicbarbieheads Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    i know your supposed to get the mob HP down to 50% but how do you use the tame pet skill? i tried putting it in the key shortcut thing where you press F1, F2, F3, etc., but i still cant tame a pet. yes i know you can only tame pets that have that little green or yellow face thingy on the side. please help!!! b:shocked
  • Runelle - Harshlands
    Runelle - Harshlands Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Get it down to almost dead and use the skill.

Also dont necro topics.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Other rules:

1. use Pokeball / Digivice / Card
    2. Always inflict sleep, confusion, paralyze, poison, love, status to the mob.
    3. Believe on your monster, just like how you believe yourself.
    4. Don't forget to hug your monster everyday.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Other rules:

1. use Pokeball / Digivice / Card
    2. Always inflict sleep, confusion, paralyze, poison, love, status to the mob.
    3. Believe on your monster, just like how you believe yourself.
    4. Don't forget to hug your monster everyday.

Take To Pokemon Center's Frequently
    Use Potions and Natural Berries (sitrus and lum preferred)
    Natural Herbs should be give to pets with strong resistance to bitter food
    And for goodness sake dont battle with lvl 1 poke..... er i mean pets. Treat them like newborns
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2011
This discussion has been closed.