Requiem Ceremony / Drifting Hex Lantern

Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited April 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Has anyone done the level 80 Requiem Ceremony quest? You are supposed to kill as many Drifting Hex Lanterns as possible, within 30 minutes.

After 30 minutes of wasting potions, the quest timer ended, and then I did not get any credit for the quest. When I go back to Guard Chieh, I get the quest all over again.

Am I doing something wrong?

P.S: I tried searching for this, but I was unable to find anything.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited May 2009
    youre supposed to report it to him before 30 minutes are up >_>;
    it gives like (mob exp + 150) x (number of mobs killed) = reward, not an exact number but it its what it looked like. theyre a pain to kill too :|
  • Beastlaird - Heavens Tear
    Beastlaird - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok where r the drifting Hex lanterns located plz some know?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Move Forward
    To SUCCEED
  • Kawakami - Dreamweaver
    Kawakami - Dreamweaver Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ok where r the drifting Hex lanterns located plz some know?

They are around the boat where the foreigner is on. It's northwest from sanctuary in the Emerald gulf or something.. Fyi, for any class that uses ranged attacks : some of them will instantly start regenerating all their HP, they seem to still be glitched. The only way to prevent this from happening is to let them grab aggro on you. Not all the mobs are glitched but a lot are b:surrender
    Few people make mistakes with fire after being once burned, of people who regard water lightly many have been drowned - Yamamoto Tsunetomo
  • Barbariankev - Heavens Tear
    Barbariankev - Heavens Tear Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    for close ranged atackers they are annoying to i only deal 1/2 damage to them wtf and they explode upon being killed
    its impossible to always do the right thing we all make mistakes i am not different from that
    just try to be a good person

english isn't my native language so there might be a few spelling/grammatical errors in my posts
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I don't think it's a glitch. They just don't move or something, right?

I just killed one of them and turned in the quest. Way too much effort.
  • TCHP - Lost City
    TCHP - Lost City Posts: 577 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    No it's not a glitch, they don't move and if you attack in the water the damage is cut in 1/2. But flying near the surface you can range attack them and do normal damage. I ask a Wizard friend to help me. And you have to be real close to each other to get kills that way.

Also look out for pk. In all We killed 86 monsters and it gave me 65k exp and 24k sp. Witch is not that bad for 30 minute. Not counting the exp from monsters.

I used the town portal and teleported to Sanctuary at the end. Leave around 1Min 30 sec to be able to reach the NPC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • emberglo
    emberglo Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Why can't someone just give us the coordinates of these things? I am searching for hours for them and can't find them.
  • StraightDigz - Sanctuary
    StraightDigz - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    emberglo wrote: »
    Why can't someone just give us the coordinates of these things? I am searching for hours for them and can't find them.

642 619 here are the coords for the mobs
  • Benaniah - Sanctuary
    Benaniah - Sanctuary Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I just finished reading this thread, and I would like to know how many I have to kill within the 30 minutes to get credit?
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I know some quests like these will give you more per kill as you hit "achievements," but at least for the first 10 you get

736 exp per kill
    338 spirit per kill
    11 gold

You only need to kill one to complete it.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • mysherman
    mysherman Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    For what it's worth and for those still confused (like me) -- appears you have to be close to the mob first of all. Get in close, make sure he aggros you (as someone said above) and then they don't reset. If you're too far out - you can see the little yellow "reset" bubble around them. Move closer and start over.

I've done these several times now -- each time with one other person - seems to be most helpful at killing them faster. Tried the air route and didn't notice much difference, but was a bit lower lvl than the mobs so I think my damage is reduced from that anyway.

Hope this is a little helpful.
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Wow necro'ed so many times...

The lanterns are bugged and only take half damage when attacked in water. To kill most efficiently stay in the air close to surface...
  • Wonkha - Raging Tide
    Wonkha - Raging Tide Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I know some quests like these will give you more per kill as you hit "achievements," but at least for the first 10 you get

736 exp per kill
    338 spirit per kill
    11 gold

You only need to kill one to complete it.

Some more information about Reward:

2011-01-2022-16-59_REDUX.jpg

Just kill until there are 5 minutes left, just in case you rubber-band or something like that.
    Failed the first time, didn't realize I had to turn in between the 30 mins.
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Or you could just kill one and go back.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/2312
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • lizdub
    lizdub Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2011
    Location 647, 589
    Out side of Arch in Emerald Dragon Gulf you can find Drifting Hex Lanterns there.
  • xxxsparexxx
    xxxsparexxx Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Ive finally worked it out, you have to agro them, the best way to do this is to fly above them, let it agro you, then hit it, if you try doing it by range it will just regen :)