Help with Assassins

ShadowX - Raging Tide
ShadowX - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Wizard
Now that the tournament is back, I can do some pvp without worrying about the usual stuff like when safety lock will end so I can put up catshop and go out... or risking burning lot of money on expensive GAs when good pvp does happen.
But, being a carebear, the amount of pvp I get is limited so I need feedback about fighting sins. b:surrender

So far, some general points I found about fighting sins are:
-need to force them to use up their 1st "life"/shadow escape without wasting all chi
(sins aren't that easy to kill if they have just a bit of gear/some refines and there is the risk they will domain on a mountain press combo)
-must watch for whether the sin starts with a stun or simply a freeze
and have separate reactions ready: genie vs fow
-best to fight in the air
-best not to jump/fall from aerogear:
the sin chooses when the freeze happens, meaning you can't fight back when caught in the air, and being "out of range" is entirely up to the incompetency of the sin in timing the really fast teleport-freeze combo.
-distance shrink needs to be used actively and wisely
their teleport has a longer cooldown: need to force of will after they tele-chase to lessen the gap between distance shrink cooldowns and gain a bit of advantage in distance.

Currently, what I do is usually wait in the air and have expel for when they open with a stun and fortify (LV1)+ironguard which leaves enough genie energy to counter both stealth attacks no matter how close together they are.
Sometimes I mess up in using expel too soon, so I have a soulcleanse ready.

However, there are a lot of things I don't have experience with...
Ex: I have AD but I'm not sure if it will be effective and am wary since I cannot chain it for protection as I can with expel (10s gives a more generous for the genie to recover).
or a sense of what is a good time to use our sleep-Sophoric Whisper....

Basically, I don't have much "sense" of how to pk since I don't play enough to have free time and money for pk; sometimes I don't even time spark right to resist bms that open with stun. b:cry.

So any advice/discussion is much appreciated. b:thanks
Post edited by ShadowX - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    just let the sin kill you, its going to happen anyway.
  • Tivas - Archosaur
    Tivas - Archosaur Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    lolb:laugh
  • Moobysnax - Lost City
    Moobysnax - Lost City Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's easier to do as a psych but if you can survive the stun... Do whatever you can to use an ulti and hope for a 1 shot.
  • Shadowvzs - Lost City
    Shadowvzs - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    It's easier to do as a psych but if you can survive the stun... Do whatever you can to use an ulti and hope for a 1 shot.

if anti 1shot sin skill worked then u just ticked his hiero and he got full hp :P
  • ShadowX - Raging Tide
    ShadowX - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2010

After you drop something better than those wrists for me, you can kill me all you want.
    ...I'll have some time to go pking with/vs. you this Saturday morning. b:thanks
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2010

yea man stop fighting and go with the flowb:mischievous
    b:bye
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yea man stop fighting and go with the flowb:mischievous

It hurts lessb:mischievous
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Immobilize lock, and force of will and that earth ulti with essential sutra, you can wiz lock him b:shocked. I noticed hailstorm and pitfall works really really well against melees chasing you. Force of will usually up close to you, but since sins try to use OP stealth, but to wiz lock him ASAP maybe a good idea. Just a thought
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Astrohawke - Lost City
    Astrohawke - Lost City Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If it isn't a duel where you're partied with the sin, you're dead usually within the 1st stun. Not much a wiz can do about it when you're trying to 1v1 a sin. Domain/Expel won't save you because they will restealth and stun you again when your genie is out of energy.

Give up and just own them in TW. All you can really do.
  • Vorhs - Lost City
    Vorhs - Lost City Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited July 2010

LOL +1 to this. There's nothing a wizard can do against assassins. Unless they will implement something like a new only-wizard genies skill like that:

Mage's Will LV1

Energy: [158]
    Stamina: 800
    Instant
    Cooldown [100] seconds.
    Requisite class: wizard.

Remove Stuns or Immobilize effects on you.
    Grants you immunity to stuns and immobilize for 1 second.
    Reduces physical damage taken by 50% for 1 second.

Dexterity: Every 5 DEX points increase immunity to stuns and immobilize duration by 0.1 seconds.
    Dexterity: Every 5 DEX points increase the physical damage reduction duration by 0.1 seconds.

Strenght: Every 2 STR points reduces the physical damage taken by an additional 1% up to a maximum of 40% additional reduction.

Stats in [brackets] are the ones that will lower with the increasing of skill level:

Level 1: Energy 158, Cooldown 100 seconds.
    Level 10: Energy 140, Cooldown 10 seconds.
    If you happy wanna be, against the wind you won't have to pee.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DoomKaiser - Harshlands
    DoomKaiser - Harshlands Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    can u try to use an ironguard pot then throw a DragonBreath. when the Ironguard goes down use absolute domain. b:chuckle

Just shard alot of phy deff on the mage and have pots and a genie with a lot of vit
    Your doubt is our powerb:thanks
  • Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Immobilize lock, and force of will and that earth ulti with essential sutra, you can wiz lock him b:shocked. I noticed hailstorm and pitfall works really really well against melees chasing you. Force of will usually up close to you, but since sins try to use OP stealth, but to wiz lock him ASAP maybe a good idea. Just a thought
    The only "lock" that works reliably against sins is Force of Will. Hailstorm or Pitfall are a joke due to not just low chances, but also sins' immunity to immobilization via Maze Steps. Sleep won't work either if they have Maze Steps on. Instant-channel Mountain's Seize (for example) won't either.

Force of Will is the only control skill you can possibly have against a sin just out of stealth. Unless he's dumb enough to not use Maze Steps beforehand.
  • Bastilla - Raging Tide
    Bastilla - Raging Tide Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    After you drop something better than those wrists for me, you can kill me all you want.
    ...I'll have some time to go pking with/vs. you this Saturday morning. b:thanks

lol wut wrists? i have on TT90. if you really want that garbage have at it bro