Sage/Demon Aura of the Golden Bell Question

MrBusiness - Lost City
MrBusiness - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Blademaster
While trying to decide wheter to go Sage or Demon, I was on ecatomb comparing sage and demon skills when I came across difference of wording when describing Aura of the Golden Bell. Depending on how it actually works, it could tip my decision one way or the other.

Demon Aura of the Golden Bell:

"Let out a tremendous roar, giving all nearby squad members an extra
75% physical defense for 30 minutes and a physical defense bonus."

To me this means that you and all party members gain an additional 75% physical defense, which would include phys defense from gears AND and physical defense from added str and vit attributes.

Sage Aura of the Golden Bell:

"Let out a tremendous roar, giving all nearby squad members
an extra [90]% physical defense contribution from armor."

The sage vesion adds the words "contribution from armor" meaning the bonus 90% would not modify phys defense gained by str or vit stats.

Could someone please explain the actual mechanics of this skill.

More specifically: Does the skill modify 1. The TOTAL physical defense of both Gear and Defense added by stats (str, vit) OR 2. Only physical defense added by gear?

If 1: Does the Sage modify physical defense differently than the Demon vesion?

Maybe its just worded poorly, but any clarification on the mechanics of the skill would be appreciated. Thanks.
Post edited by MrBusiness - Lost City on

Comments

• Ryxx - Heavens Tear
    Ryxx - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    the sage/demon bells both modify physical defense the same way, and just like bell lvls 1-10 work, by adding a % of equipment value. the extra 75% from demon for 15 seconds is also of equipment value.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Don't judge your path primarily from this skill... the difference between demon and sage is inconsequential. Something will either kill you or it won't. Look at your most used and favorite skills and decide from there, then make sure you picked demon. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • MrBusiness - Lost City
    MrBusiness - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    If I wasn't primarily a polearm user, and if sage farstrike wasn't so tempting, I might consider going demon. However, for now, I'm leaning towards sage... still a ways to go though. Thanks for the clarification.
  • Taleon - Heavens Tear
    Taleon - Heavens Tear Posts: 392 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    keep in mind, that most all BM's end up with all paths end game. one skill should not decide your path as to demon or sage, but the combination of many.

Pre 80 I never even used a weapon besides pole. At 80 I added swords, 90 fists, 97 axes ( I used axes prior but never on level and on a very few occasions if that )

The way I choose my side, was taking all the skills, listed them out as to how I play the game, and marked them as pro or con. After I had made this list, I took a look at where I ended up in count, and choose from there. Personally, I liked speed, crit, and overall dmg vs def and set dmg. Some might argue with me about the dmg aspect, but speed does equal dmg, and no I am not just speaking about claws with max interval.

There are times I wish I would have gone sage, but overall happier as a demon. Perma spark changes the game ten fold when you get it, and is amazing. This is easier to achieve with demon then sage. But not impossible for sages to do, they just need every bit of interval out there to pull it off.

A friend of mine I do end up squading with that is probably one of the best sage BM's I have ever seen, can do things I can not dream of ( legitly tanked and killed harpy ) , and on the same hand, there are things I can do equally ( take aggro from him with not near the gear or refinement ). All comes down to how you want to play your toon.